• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When sending D. Jordan to the line the Spurs are being outscored by 23 total points from the time they start the terrible losing strategy the rest of those games.

What's up pop, why you losing on purpose again?

Am I the only one that sees what's been happening this entire series?

23 points in a series like this that is coming down to the final shot each game, THAT'S HUGE!

All he's doing is taking his own team out of rhythm. The Spurs are a team that gets a large amount of there points if not most off the defense triggering it then getting out on the break.

Now think about it. Can the Spurs play defense and fast break off the defense while sending Jordan to the Line.

Also I can see it makes Griffin and Paul step up right after the Spurs start sending D. Jordan to the line. They do it for D. Jordan. But that's besides the point.

The point is that the Spurs will be on a run and playing with great rhythm and pushing the lead out and then pop will get gimmicky and his team then can't push the lead out further.
They need to tire Griffin out. All hes doing is resting him and Pau

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we watched a diffrent 4th quarter

All I saw was every Clippers shot being 12-19 feet jumpers which are typically inefficient shots.

The Spurs scored all their points from within 7 feet or from the 3-point line which is usually the most efficient.

But, the Clippers simply made the shots.

The SPURS will be happy to see them take nothing but jumpers, but sometimes they go in.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank the Bulls. Them winning the series meant Spurs/Clips got bumped to the early start time.

Game 7 is deserved. This has been about as evenly matched as it can get. Every possession is like a chess match. What's crazy is its been so close that the Clips losing Glen Davis might be the difference. Think about that.

And I lol'd at Bill Simmons on Twitter saying that you just know Joey Crawford is gonna ref game 7. Watch out Spurs and Timmy, Joey's coming!
Im pretty sure Bucks wished they shouldve just lost Game 5 lmao
No Big Baby means No biggie
And I dont want to see that sob ref roshambo let alone an nba game smh

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hack-a-Jordan wont be used.

Griffin is just about dead. Dude looked like he was going to collapse.

Now with Davis likely gone, Pop is not going to stop and give Griffin any rest.

I expect the Spurs to come in waves and exhaust him.

The Hack-a-Jordan would be stupid to use now that the Clips have even less warm bodies.

No free rest...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure Bucks wished they shouldve just lost Game 5 lmao
No Big Baby means No biggie
And I dont want to see that sob ref roshambo let alone an nba game smh

It could be a big deal. Davis has played pretty well defensively all series. Hawes and Turk have been unplayable. If one of those guys can't put up an effort, that means a ton of work for Griffin and sometimes he gasses out late under heavy workloads

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I saw was every Clippers shot being 12-19 feet jumpers which are typically inefficient shots.

The Spurs scored all their points from within 7 feet or from the 3-point line which is usually the most efficient.

The SPURS will be happy to see them take nothing but jumpers, but sometimes they go in.

They were pretty much open shots for the Clippers, atleast the ones they made, They also got alot of shots up because the Spurs were trying to push the pace because they were losing.

The Spurs should've blew them out in the Second quarter when they were on a roll. (but we all know pop likes to over think things and try to seem smart).

The Spurs are at their best when they're all playing great defense in the second quarter and going on an extended run with blocks and steals. 35 to 10 type quarters.

The Spurs usually like to make that big move in the second quarter than play post up ball the rest of the way, slow the pace and ride the victory out.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hack-a-Jordan wont be used.

Griffin is just about dead. Dude looked like he was going to collapse.

Now with Davis likely gone, Pop is not going to stop and give Griffin any rest.

I expect the Spurs to come in waves and exhaust him.

The Hack-a-Jordan would be stupid to use now that the Clips have even less warm bodies.

No free rest...

It was stupid to use from the beginning. I could see that right away. It's like common sense to me.
Why would anyone want to GIVE a team FREE points.

The Spurs are at their BEST when LEONARD is out on the run, getting steals and DUNKING.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and Im so sure this is a typical game for Bellinelli

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy pop really does know how to sabotage a series like no other.

His roster is twice the roster and experience of the Clippers yet he is losing because of his calls.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a big deal. Davis has played pretty well defensively all series. Hawes and Turk have been unplayable. If one of those guys can't put up an effort, that means a ton of work for Griffin and sometimes he gasses out late under heavy workloads
Hawes might be better than Davis tbh seriously, might be a blessing in disguise.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done Clippers. You saved Saturday for the NBA. At least we get 1 game 7. It will be awesome.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm no Big Baby Davis fan, but he's one of only 2 bench players that have given the Clips any kind of production.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the those games the Spurs usually win. Role players, Diaw and Belinelli step up huge and they lose. The Clip have just outplayed them in this series, if it wasnt for free throws this would be over.

I still think the Clip can win Game 7, they just cant fuck up late in the game and keep Deandre out, he is killing them with those free throws in the 2nd half. I guess it doesnt help with Big Baby out though.

Last edited:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of the 6 games so far... the Clippers either won or had the win sitting there for the taking in the final moments. Problem is... the Spurs did the taking in 2 of those games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na think this is a back and forth series with the Spurs breaking the Clippers little heart in game 7 at Staples

One game away from this. Can you PM me the winning lotto numbers for California? Thanks.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake and CP3 were really good last night. Doc giving Blake more early rest seemed to make a difference late in the game. I don't know how much rest Doc can give him now though with Davis out. He was the only big off the bench that doc trusted.

The Clippers should be well rested for Saturday....

:suds: for game sevens!

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn Spurs, should have finished this series last night. Didnt need to take it to game 7 out of habit. Come on now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been no momentum in this series and HCA means nothing. They are each 1-2 at home. Because of this, it looks like Spurs will win game 7.