• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LA announces Kobe Bryant day

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The haters can hate all they want but if they were honest with themselves......they would have wanted Kobe on their team when he was in his prime.

* hog ties DJ and glances at nightstand *

You sure you want to escalate this?

th

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* hog ties DJ and glances at nightstand *

You sure you want to escalate this?

th

Damn, Mecca you roll like that. I'd take you out for some fried chicken....back in my single days. ;)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Mecca you roll like that. I'd take you out for some fried chicken....back in my single days. ;)

Oh, no doubt we would have gotten along REALLY well!

:mo:

I don't know what @DJ is booing about.

Back in our F@nnation days, he was a gigantic cyber-slut.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my husband works doubles every day this week, AGAIN, I just might take you up on that offer if Sushi doesn't.

* makes note on palm pilot to buy rechargeable batteries *

Lol wait, what?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll remember Kobe for all the great stuff he's done, but that last game will not be one of them. You may think about the 60 points, but I think about the 50 (FIFTY!) shots he took. I've never seen anything like it.

Majority of people will not think of those 50 shots, it will always be known by Kobe going out with 60.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll remember Kobe for all the great stuff he's done, but that last game will not be one of them. You may think about the 60 points, but I think about the 50 (FIFTY!) shots he took. I've never seen anything like it.

actually that post was mostly humor. trust me, I know...

still, it's kinda like going out in a blaze of glory...:thumb:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere, MJ is wondering why he
Kobe day should be changed to 6-30, in honor of what his box score looked like last year.

Nailed it.

So, is Warriors day 3/4 for their choking finals performance, or is it 10/25 (the day the Cavs raise their banner and receive their rings)?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Los Angeles city leaders have declared this Wednesday as "Kobe Bryant Day," honoring the Los Angeles Lakers icon who played 20 seasons in purple and gold before retiring in April.

The honor, which was announced in a statement Monday, falls on a day that commemorates the two jersey numbers that Bryant wore during his Lakers career: 8 and 24.

Bryant, who won five championships among numerous other accolades, also will be honored for philanthropy work.

"Among his astonishing list of accomplishments, Kobe Bryant's 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers ranks him No. 1 all-time for NBA players who played for a single franchise, and 'Kobe Bryant Day' is the City of Los Angeles' way of thanking him for his single-minded dedication to excellence, the fans and the entire City and region of Los Angeles," L.A. City Councilman José Huizar said in a statement."

City of L.A. will celebrate 'Kobe Bryant Day'

Just missed his birthday: 8/23

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did! But the thing is, the outcome of the game never mattered anyways. Either way Kobe was going home after the game. I mean, it's cool if you want to view Kobe's last game as great, I get it. But don't try to justify it because he won a meaningless game, that literally no one would have cared about if it wasn't Kobe's last game.

It wasn't his shooting percentage that made it so great (although he did shoot 44% which isn't bad for a SG) or the fact that the Lakers won.

It was about the way it all happened. At the start of the game, he couldn't hit a shot and it looked like it was going to be really, really bad. But he kept shooting, his teammates kept feeding him the ball, he got hot and by the end of the game...the shots he was hitting were ridiculous.

Would have preferred for him to have a final game more like the one MJ had when he retired after the 2nd three-peat. But all things considered, it was a pretty cool exit.