• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie Irving vs. John Wall

kyrie or wall?

• Kyrie Irving

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • John Wall

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mil Town Proud check the NBA threads & see how many current Celtics articles there are.

Flambo Gus

Token Native Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mil Town Proud check the NBA threads & see how many current Celtics articles there are.

I'm familiar with your work over the years. Funny how your Celtic allegiance escapes me. I wonder if any of your NBA buddies can corroborate your Celtics fandom...:suds:

VTRowDizz

Teach Me How To Dougie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been watching a lot of youtube of these guys and both have amazing handles and great finishing moves. My question is, in a one on one game to 21....who ya got?

It's a shame people can't actually answer the question at hand... I am a Wizards fan and would admit Kyrie will beat Wall in a 1v1 match. The edge, he has better shot than Wall. Which is what you need in such a match up.

But, as a professional basketball player. So many more aspects comes into play which makes Wall better than Kyrie. Plays lock down D, has great court vision and finishes as the hoop.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame people can't actually answer the question at hand... I am a Wizards fan and would admit Kyrie will beat Wall in a 1v1 match. The edge, he has better shot than Wall. Which is what you need in such a match up.

But, as a professional basketball player. So many more aspects comes into play which makes Wall better than Kyrie. Plays lock down D, has great court vision and finishes as the hoop.

Good post. Im kind of a sucker for athletic pg's(hopefully my avatar can get back to form this year.) There are a few other guys that may have been a better matchup 1on1 with either guy, but I was really curious for peoples thoughts on this one. The poll is pretty much going how I thought it would.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If wall plays the good Defense then it won't matter

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one on one, probably Kyrie...but we all know its a team game,,,,wall seems to run a team better, and plays far superior defense....there was a time, when this is what you wanted out of your point...run the team and play lock down D....the only think I can think that Kyrie does as a clear cut advantage over wall is his outside shot

:agree:

Wall is bigger, stronger and plays defense.

Kyrie is superior at dribbling, not sure about ball handling overall cause Wall has handle, and scoring.

Irving could do nothing to keep Wall out of the lane. But, can John stay with Kyrie off the dribble?

I want to say Wall.

But, lets see how Kyrie does playing next to a legit star.

Wall had a very good team around him last Season and flourished.

Maybe Uncle Drew can do the same?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm familiar with your work over the years. Funny how your Celtic allegiance escapes me. I wonder if any of your NBA buddies can corroborate your Celtics fandom...:suds:

All jokes aside, I thought he was a Cavs fan until he made it clear he wasn't the last few weeks of Fannation.

It was also a running joke on the NBA threads because of his vigorous defense of all things Ohio.....

But, I think it was more his " vigorous defense of all things Ohio when it comes to DJ ":lol:.

Most of my interaction with Wamu was centered around joking about how he hates Meeeeeeechgan.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say anything that made him sound like Magic? Wall had a better surrounding cast than Irving, much better. Irving shoots better than Wall, much better. Finishes at the rim better too. Wall is a nice talent. He'll never be as good as Irving. Let's see who "leads their team to the playoffs" in the next few years! I'm just guessing that Irving and the Cavs go further over the next say 5 years.

But, that will be more because of Lebron, not Kyrie.

Dude, we are in a new place and your Team's future is quite bright.

It doesn't have to be you against the world anymore.

No matter what anyone says about burning rivers, Leaveland or any other jokes that we have made about your Team over the last 4 years, you landed the biggest fish in the pond and that changes everything.

You can take off the gloves now:boxing: and just enjoy the ride.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 on 1 isn't all about shooting, defense is pretty important too.

Wall is bigger, faster, stronger and much better on the defensive end. My thinking is that he would get whatever shot he wanted against Kyrie while at the same time being able to force Kyrie into more difficult attempts.

I say Wall wins 65% of the time.

In a 5 on 5 game, I take Wall every time if I am building around either as the best player on the squad, but I consider taking Kyrie to pair with another creator like LeBron because of his shooting ability.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie has a much better shot, a much better handle, is more clutch, and is a lot smarter,and finishes at a higher percentage around the basket

Wall is more athletic, a better rebounder, and a better defender

passing they are pretty much equal

leadership - its hard to tell when both guys are under 24 years old....

advantage Kyrie

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys think this is all about shooting. I bet I can out shoot anybody who posts here, but I am not that great at one on one because I can't create my own shot against a good defender.

Wall can get lay-ups against Kyrie. Kyrie has to settle for contested jumpers against Wall. Advantage Wall.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie hasn't made the playoffs yet while Wall just led his team to a playoff series win.

What has Kyrie done in the league besides a few highlight reel layups and a couple regular season game winners against the Bobcats and Sixers?

Why do you like John Wall so much? :noidea:

There's tons of great players in the NBA, so the only way to distinguish sometimes is body of accomplishment, how much hardware they bring home and how much they deliver in clutch moments.

I remember when people used to debate who was a better player, Richard Jefferson or Paul Pierce? Yes, it was a serious argument and yes it was a long time ago.

Since neither Wall nor Irving have really done anything, it's impossible to really say who's better. It's all preference.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall, what has Kyrie Irving done in the NBA besides lead his team to the lottery?

When Kyrie can lead his team to the playoffs let me know.... Oh wait its LeBron's team again, I guess we'll never know.

Healthy Derrick Rose v. John Wall v. Russell Westbrook would be the question.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than half of the posts on here are actually about the original question... who wins 1-on-1. That is a completely different discussion than who is the better player.

I agree with tlance. If you want a player to build a team around... Wall over Kyrie every time. If you already have a superstar that can create (aka LeBron).... I'll take Kyrie over Wall.

As for the 1-on-1, I'll stick with my original post on taking Kyrie, but I think its a close call. Something I neglected in my first post on this thread was Wall's defense, and that would be a big factor along with Kyrie's superior scoring. It would be fun to watch.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie Irving is a great player but if he is already getting tendinitis in his knees at age 23, that doesn't spell good for a long term career. He's amazing at getting to the basket, hitting shots and playing better than he gets credit for on defense. But you can't do much if you're hurt and sitting on the bench, which he does a lot, kinda like Andrew Bynum and D-Rose.

He really needs to heal completely up over the next several months.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wall_0.jpg

easybutton_0031.jpg