• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle's play calling at the end of the game

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st down a draw to Helu with no timeouts. Luckily Minn called timeout, I have no idea why but it saved our ass. Horrible Call.

2nd down at Minn 4. Pass to Garcon at the Minn 2. He drops it. Fortunate b/c if he catches it we run out of time b/c he would of been tackled in the field of play. Why would you run a play that is not in the endzone? Horrible call.

3rd down pass to Reed. questionable holding call but the pass was on him way too quick Reed didn't have enough time to react to the pass. Result dropped pass. Good call

4th down. Fade to Moss on the sideline of the enzone. Moss is our smallest WR on this team shouldn't have been on the field in this situation. The probability of competing the catch and getting his feet in bounce was very low. Horrible call.

To sum up: 3 out of 4 horrible calls to end the game. Inexcusable!!!! This loss is as much on Kyle than Hasslett. I cant see why Mike hasn't taken over the play calling. I don't like Kyle at all.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st down a draw to Helu with no timeouts. Luckily Minn called timeout, I have no idea why but it saved our ass. Horrible Call.

2nd down at Minn 4. Pass to Garcon at the Minn 2. He drops it. Fortunate b/c if he catches it we run out of time b/c he would of been tackled in the field of play. Why would you run a play that is not in the endzone? Horrible call.

3rd down pass to Reed. questionable holding call but the pass was on him way too quick Reed didn't have enough time to react to the pass. Result dropped pass. Good call

4th down. Fade to Moss on the sideline of the enzone. Moss is our smallest WR on this team shouldn't have been on the field in this situation. The probability of competing the catch and getting his feet in bounce was very low. Horrible call.

To sum up: 3 out of 4 horrible calls to end the game. Inexcusable!!!! This loss is as much on Kyle than Hasslett. I cant see why Mike hasn't taken over the play calling. I don't like Kyle at all.

:L

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree. Without the hold, Reed has a TD. Garcon was closer to the 1/2 yard line and they still could have spiked the ball if he didn't get it. I wouldn't bet against him breaking a tackle. It's not Kyle's fault he wasn't in the end zone. I don't think Kyle said run your route to the 1 yard line. The pass to Moss was complete, just too late. He ran out of field before the ball got there.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you agree with that play calling then forget it. Every play has to be designed in the end zone which it wasn't. Why do you go to Moss on 4th down? It was terrible play calling. The only play I liked was the Reed pass. Even if you spike it if Garcon catches that pass that only leaves you with one shot instead of two shots to win the game. It doesn't make sense!!!!!!!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant tell me that you support that play calling sportster72. cmon man.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Helu run was a mistake but the passes to Reed and Garcon were not bad calls. Reed's would have been a sure TD and Garcon may have gotten in if he caught it. Even if Garcon did not get it, we would have inside the one yard line with nearly 30 seconds left...we could have done a QB sneak to get in with ease.

The predetermined fade to our shortest WR was a huge mistake. It takes away far too many options for a guy that is not named Megatron. What we should have done was a role out and it gives RG3 more options.

Mustard Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about some of the calls at the end, though I've seen worse. They were not predictable...if they are the last things that you would have called, then maybe they were also the last things the Vikings were expecting. Having said that, I would not have run that fade on 4th, I would have called a run since time wasn't an issue at that point.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that was a fade, think it was just a corner route. In fairness, we've been successful with that play in the past. Not as upset as most about the play calling at the end of the game, tho I would've liked to see a Morris run. We were in a good position to jam it home, we just ended up failing to execute. That's the killer.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was NOT a fade it was a corner route. The cornerback played inside leverage, in other words he gave Moss the outside by lining up inside him. There were two other options on the play that I couldn't see but Cooley said were also open. Griffin saw the CB had inside leverage and made up his mind to go to Moss from the beginning. The pass was complete, there was NO issue of height. It was caught. What it wasn't is the fact that it wasn't thrown soon enough or to the correct spot. The play was there, according to Cooley it was also open to Garcon and Reed on the other side but Griffin decided to go to Moss.

I'll say this again more slowly .... Garcon wasn't coached to run a pass route to the one yard line. He made a determination to make his cut based on how he read the DB. He could have taken one more step in an attempt make the DB back up one more step then made his incut. Was he wrong? Possibly. He is a pro and a damned good one so I will trust his judgement. What you'll never know is what would have happened had he caught. Had he been stopped short they had time as Cali pointed out to run another play.

It's great to have an opinion but if it is not grounded in fact then please don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. All you said is it was a bad route due to Moss's height. Not relevant on that play, NO coach in the NFL coached their player to run their route to the 1 yard line as Garcon did. Not to mention that many plays have other options and all we saw was the one that QB chose.

A roll out is a viable idea in that it gives your a run option but it also cuts the field in half and you have limited field to work with because you are on the 5 yard line. Playing it the way Kyle played it gave Griffin and the team the entire width of the field to work with.

Mustard Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, sorry not a fade route. I have no real issue with the play calling at the end.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was NOT a fade it was a corner route. The cornerback played inside leverage, in other words he gave Moss the outside by lining up inside him. There were two other options on the play that I couldn't see but Cooley said were also open. Griffin saw the CB had inside leverage and made up his mind to go to Moss from the beginning. The pass was complete, there was NO issue of height. It was caught. What it wasn't is the fact that it wasn't thrown soon enough or to the correct spot. The play was there, according to Cooley it was also open to Garcon and Reed on the other side but Griffin decided to go to Moss.

I'll say this again more slowly .... Garcon wasn't coached to run a pass route to the one yard line. He made a determination to make his cut based on how he read the DB. He could have taken one more step in an attempt make the DB back up one more step then made his incut. Was he wrong? Possibly. He is a pro and a damned good one so I will trust his judgement. What you'll never know is what would have happened had he caught. Had he been stopped short they had time as Cali pointed out to run another play.

It's great to have an opinion but if it is not grounded in fact then please don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. All you said is it was a bad route due to Moss's height. Not relevant on that play, NO coach in the NFL coached their player to run their route to the 1 yard line as Garcon did. Not to mention that many plays have other options and all we saw was the one that QB chose.

A roll out is a viable idea in that it gives your a run option but it also cuts the field in half and you have limited field to work with because you are on the 5 yard line. Playing it the way Kyle played it gave Griffin and the team the entire width of the field to work with.

I agree, sportster. While I have issues elsewhere with Kyle's play calling earlier in the game, I was OK with the goal line play calling. Garcon, if he caught it, could have scored. He had to run it in front of the safety because he saw the all out blitz and knew Griffin wouldn't have time for a longer route. The safety was playing right on the goal line. He had no choice but to cut his route off early. That had nothing to do with play calling and was most likely an audible between RG3 and Garcon upon reading of the blitz pre snap. The pass to reed should have been a TD and should have been caught. The pass to Moss probably was not the first target. Again, they brought the all out blitz so RG3 had less than 2 seconds to make a read and throw. You are not going through progressions in 2 seconds. He made a pre snap read based on the secondary alignment. Sportster explained exactly right. Could've a larger Receiver given him a different option of tossing it up and letting him battle for it? Sure, but we don't have that receiver. Hank is tall, but have you ever seen him go over a CB to grab a catch? I haven't.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, sportster. While I have issues elsewhere with Kyle's play calling earlier in the game, I was OK with the goal line play calling. Garcon, if he caught it, could have scored. He had to run it in front of the safety because he saw the all out blitz and knew Griffin wouldn't have time for a longer route. The safety was playing right on the goal line. He had no choice but to cut his route off early. That had nothing to do with play calling and was most likely an audible between RG3 and Garcon upon reading of the blitz pre snap. The pass to reed should have been a TD and should have been caught. The pass to Moss probably was not the first target. Again, they brought the all out blitz so RG3 had less than 2 seconds to make a read and throw. You are not going through progressions in 2 seconds. He made a pre snap read based on the secondary alignment. Sportster explained exactly right. Could've a larger Receiver given him a different option of tossing it up and letting him battle for it? Sure, but we don't have that receiver. Hank is tall, but have you ever seen him go over a CB to grab a catch? I haven't.

Good observation on your part j_y. The DB shouldn't have surrendered the goal line to Garcon. His job is to make the receiver cut in front of him before they cross the goal line. If the DB make Garcon cut in front of him then not does he have a chance to tackle him but he may get inside help also from a LB or safery. The other guys get paid too.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are crazy. If Garcon caught that ball he would have been tackled in the field of play. They would of had to spike the ball and waste a down. Then only have one shot if get a TD. Every play expect 4th down has to be in the endzone. That is common sense football. We had no timeouts.

You don't go to Moss on 4th down. Its as simple as that. Garcon and Reed are the go to options on this team. If they were open then its on RG3.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Dean, there were so many other issues in the second half of that game that were way more crucial to losing that game than the play calling at the end of it. Pass rush? Missed interception from Kerrigan? Not converting 3rd downs? Allowing Minny O to sustain drives? 4 sacks on Griff, only 1 of which was 3rd and long? Penalties at critical moments? Dropped passes? The list goes on and on before I get to the play calling at the end of the game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I am just talking about the end of the game. Everything you said was correct.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand your frustration. This was a truly awful loss that exposed our weaknesses in every aspect of the game in the second half. Nothing pretty about that at all.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are crazy. If Garcon caught that ball he would have been tackled in the field of play. They would of had to spike the ball and waste a down. Then only have one shot if get a TD. Every play expect 4th down has to be in the endzone. That is common sense football. We had no timeouts.

You don't go to Moss on 4th down. Its as simple as that. Garcon and Reed are the go to options on this team. If they were open then its on RG3.

Didn't have to spike it if Garcon doesn't get it. Did you not see Stafford surprise everybody, including his own team, when he jumped it half a yard?