• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Williams so long

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do we have a claim with KC as an undefeated team and share of the AFC west division lead???

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious posting here about Kyle. If he will be missed....why? Most agree that he could never be better than he has shown. Is he actually better than what we have currently? Just asking.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious posting here about Kyle. If he will be missed....why? Most agree that he could never be better than he has shown. Is he actually better than what we have currently? Just asking.

Well the whole passing game is pretty inept this year so far. But if we were at full strength with crab and bolin out wide Williams could have been solid in the slot along with manningham. With his contract it wouldn't of been a bad thing to have as a #3 or 4 WR. It's not then end of the world he's gone but I think I along with many others believe he was best suited for the slot.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the whole passing game is pretty inept this year so far. But if we were at full strength with crab and bolin out wide Williams could have been solid in the slot along with manningham. With his contract it wouldn't of been a bad thing to have as a #3 or 4 WR. It's not then end of the world he's gone but I think I along with many others believe he was best suited for the slot.
I agree with the fact that the 9ers have the worst pass attack in the NFL. I'm not sure how KW can't be blamed in part for that. I know Kap has issues and a big part of the problem as well as play calling. I just don't see Kyle as a worthy WR for a team looking to make it to the SB.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A Little OT... I wish the Niners would draft bigger/taller WR's next year... Some big target that can break press coverages

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If the Niners signed Wallace, they would not be able to trade for Boldin unless they release a few other players...

You may be right about that, but they could've cut Goodwin to make the room. They also could've cut Mario Manningham because they would've had Wallace. They could have found a way to get 'em both.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You may be right about that, but they could've cut Goodwin to make the room. They also could've cut Mario Manningham because they would've had Wallace. They could have found a way to get 'em both.

You think that Goodwin and Manningham are enough???... Yeah they could have but they would have gutted the team...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KW at best is a #3 or a slot guy however due to injuries, he really never came through as a #2... that's on him, like it or not... he was put in a position that hurt him more but he didn't beat his obstacles...

however, its also on Roman/Mangini/Harbs that they couldn't create a dynamic attack to suit KW's speed... lack of crossing? Deep threats? Reverses? where is the bloody creativity?(thanks Mangini you ass)

And that goes for Baldwin as well... There is no creativity for the WRs this season where as last year wasn't a problem even with MM n KW going down... yes Crabtree exploded with Kap and Davis was more active but point remains...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You think that Goodwin and Manningham are enough???... Yeah they could have but they would have gutted the team...

If they gave him a low salary for 2013 then it would've been pretty close to enough. And they could've given him a really big 2014 salary to make up for it because Boldin's 6 million wouldn't be on the books any more at that point. And by that time maybe Patton or Baldwin would have developed into a good 3rd option; plus there's the 2014 draft.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they gave him a low salary for 2013 then it would've been pretty close to enough. And they could've given him a really big 2014 salary to make up for it because Boldin's 6 million wouldn't be on the books any more at that point. And by that time maybe Patton or Baldwin would have developed into a good 3rd option; plus there's the 2014 draft.

So you're assuming that Wallace would be OK with that?? That he will gladly take a lower salary because he is not thinking about the money???

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
KW at best is a #3 or a slot guy however due to injuries, he really never came through as a #2... that's on him, like it or not... he was put in a position that hurt him more but he didn't beat his obstacles...

however, its also on Roman/Mangini/Harbs that they couldn't create a dynamic attack to suit KW's speed... lack of crossing? Deep threats? Reverses? where is the bloody creativity?(thanks Mangini you ass)

And that goes for Baldwin as well... There is no creativity for the WRs this season where as last year wasn't a problem even with MM n KW going down... yes Crabtree exploded with Kap and Davis was more active but point remains...

I'd say the blame for this falls on a number of shoulders, including Kap's and the coaching staff. Ultimately, it's on Williams to take advantage of his opportunities, which he certainly didn't do, but this staff and QB have not instilled a ton of faith in me in terms of utilizing receiving weapons.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Based on Wallace's performance to date, would you really be ok with giving him the kind of money Miami did?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised there are so many people lamenting the loss of Williams. He was a 6th round pick. In 3.5 years he has had 47 for 574 yards and 4 TDs. He is also a shitty punt returner and was largely responsible for one of the most painful moments in 49ers history.

Maybe he wasn't completely devoid of all talent but I can't imagine we will miss him at all.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm surprised there are so many people lamenting the loss of Williams. He was a 6th round pick. In 3.5 years he has had 47 for 574 yards and 4 TDs. He is also a shitty punt returner and was largely responsible for one of the most painful moments in 49ers history.

Maybe he wasn't completely devoid of all talent but I can't imagine we will miss him at all.

He was hands down the most explosive WR on our roster. Although he didn't show much of it this year, he was our best option for breaking a long one or taking one to the house. Not that Williams was or likely will ever be great, but I really have to question how we use receivers. He should have been fairly effective as a slot receiver. We don't seem to know how to utilize speed on offense. It's a MAJOR concern in today's NFL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and he wasn't a shitty punt returner, he just fair caught far too many balls. When he actually did return them, he was generally pretty effective.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were not pissed he's gone or are claiming him the best receiver ever. Just wasn't used right as a WR. Again some of that falls on him not taking advantage of it. Just saying he could of been a solid #3 in the slot along with manningham especially for what he was being paid.

A Shame we weren't fully healthy at that position once again.