• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Williams so long

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Crabtree comes back and helps. I hope he isn't like 75%. We need an Healthy Crabtree on this team.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WRs like those ones don't just hit URFA. And Mike Wallace is anything but a "joke" in Miami. What's a joke is their pass protection, which is what I was citing all offseason as the reason Tannehill would struggle this year.

Is that the reason why Daniel Gibson (when he was healthy) and now Rishard Matthews are outperforming Mike Wallace to this point?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Crabtree comes back and helps. I hope he isn't like 75%. We need an Healthy Crabtree on this team.

I agree. But I'm not going to hold my breath for a solid return this year.

Given all the crap this team has been through this just doesn't seem like our year. And that really hurts considering we had a solid shot at (and should have won, IMO) the Superbowl the last two years.

I'm not saying we should just go out and tank but my enthusiasm and expectations have definitely waned. It just feels like we are a 10-6, one and done type of team. Hopefully next year we can come roaring back. But of course, most of that relies on our QB...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Crabtree at 75% at this point.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the reason why Daniel Gibson (when he was healthy) and now Rishard Matthews are outperforming Mike Wallace to this point?

Mike Wallace stretches the field and gets doubled. Not an excuse for lack of performance but id imagine it helps the people he plays with.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Wallace had Revis covering him Monday who was covering Matthews?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Brandon Gibson. And they're not. The problem with Mike Wallace in the Dolphins' offense is that he's a deep threat. Deep threats need more time to let the play develop, so he would've been a perfect fit in an offense like SF or New England who has great pass protection and a great TE to open stuff up over the middle. Miami has neither of those things.

He's exactly the kind of receiver the Niners could use right now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace way over paid. Thank god we passed on him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Wallace way over paid. Thank god we passed on him.

So you'd rather have some more cap space in the future than a WR who probably would've been the difference to win a game or 2 of the ones the Niners lost this season?

I Have to completely disagree with that. And Looking at Wallace's 1st 9 games in an offense with no OL is a little short sided. You have to pay more for URFA WR like him, and nobody ever had any delusions that he was AJ Green. But with him & Vernon on the field at the same time with Boldin doing his thing on the shorter routes, the offense would've looked a TON better this season.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd rather have some more cap space in the future than a WR who probably would've been the difference to win a game or 2 of the ones the Niners lost this season?

I Have to completely disagree with that. And Looking at Wallace's 1st 9 games in an offense with no OL is a little short sided. You have to pay more for URFA WR like him, and nobody ever had any delusions that he was AJ Green. But with him & Vernon on the field at the same time with Boldin doing his thing on the shorter routes, the offense would've looked a TON better this season.

:agree: look what Boldin did with Smith its obvious Boldin isn't a number one. He's a great number two passing on Wallace was a mistake if you guys are just looking at what he's doing in Miami your being fooled.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Niners signed Wallace, they would not be able to trade for Boldin unless they release a few other players... I guess they could let go of say Bowman or Vernon... The only way they were able to sign Boldin was letting go of Alex Smith .. So how would Wallace help out Boldin if he is not on the team?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Niners signed Wallace, they would not be able to trade for Boldin unless they release a few other players... I guess they could let go of say Bowman or Vernon... The only way they were able to sign Boldin was letting go of Alex Smith .. So how would Wallace help out Boldin if he is not on the team?

Probably don't sign Nnamdi, Wright, Marlon Moore, you got to think we could have found a way to fit them under the cap this year

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly do the Niners do that without compromising other areas of the team?

Compromising? The three i mentioned have done nothing for this team? Also what about instead of Manningham taking less money cut him? That would leave Wallace Boldin and Crabtree as three wrs.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Compromising? The three i mentioned have done nothing for this team? Also what about instead of Manningham taking less money cut him? That would leave Wallace Boldin and Crabtree as three wrs.

You think the 3 you mentioned plus cutting Manningham is enough cap space to sign both Boldin and Wallace??? Me, I don't know but I guess you know their cap values better then me... Maybe someone can post the cap values for the 3 you mentioned compared to Boldin's and Wallace current cap values.. I don't have that data but maybe you do

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the 3 you mentioned plus cutting Manningham is enough cap space to sign both Boldin and Wallace??? Me, I don't know but I guess you know their cap values better then me... Maybe someone can post the cap values for the 3 you mentioned compared to Boldin's and Wallace current cap values.. I don't have that data but maybe you do

The players I've mentioned account for 5mil not sure Wallace cap hot for this year tho. All I'm saying is we made a mistake not getting him. Even if we get him without Boldin he would help Manningham and Crabtree when healthy. I may have jumped gun by saying both.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle is now with KC. Another ex-9er moves to the Chiefs.

AJ Jenkins, Cooper, A Smith and now KW...

Looking at the KC roster their WR position does need work, KW might have a chance to start in the near future.