• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Korver to the Cavs

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Hawks sign Dwight in an attempt to compete for a title and now they are blowing it up less than halfway through the season?

Makes no sense.

Exactly. I have no idea what the fuck this team is doing. I can only infer that we were never intending to resign Korver because, as @wildturkey pointed out, he's not the same player he was when we won sixty games two years ago and we wanted to get something for him now.

Man, two years ago we were having an undefeated January with a starting five that won Player (or Players, lol) of the Month. Now, we only have one player from that starting five (Millsap, obviously), and he might very well be gone soon himself. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I have no idea what the fuck this team is doing. I can only infer that we were never intending to resign Korver because, as @wildturkey pointed out, he's not the same player he was when we won sixty games two years ago and we wanted to get something for him now.

Man, two years ago we were having an undefeated January with a starting five that won Player (or Players, lol) of the Month. Now, we only have one player from that starting five (Millsap, obviously), and he might very well be gone soon himself. :L

Even getting rid of Korver seems odd. I mean, obviously he's not the same guy, but I'd expect he could be effective in a smaller role. Only makes sense if they can actually get something for him. Then they want to move Millsap too.

There has to be something else going on. You'd think they'd at least give it until the trade deadline, or heck, even the all star break. At 20-16, they're not exactly tearing up the league, but they're in first place in their division.

Just seems odd.

I'd blame Dwight, but @bksballer89 says that Lakers fans aren't allowed to talk about him. :dhd:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really is odd considering they just have started playing well. They're like 4th in the East right now like trojan said. My only guess is they know for a fact that Millsap isn't going to resign with them so they are blowing it up now to A) get some pieces and B) Maybe lose enough games to get a good pick. It would make sense if that's the case. No point heading into next summer trying to add free agents for a core that isn't resigning with you. You'd just be wasting time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is odd considering they just have started playing well. They're like 4th in the East right now like trojan said. My only guess is they know for a fact that Millsap isn't going to resign with them so they are blowing it up now to A) get some pieces and B) Maybe lose enough games to get a good pick. It would make sense if that's the case. No point heading into next summer trying to add free agents for a core that isn't resigning with you. You'd just be wasting time.
i think the answer could be as easy as- they have played better on the floor without according to the metrics suggested in a lot of articles- they dont want to resign him- and they want to move in another direction.

any team that trades for Milsap knows he wants 30 million a year on his new contract.....obviously he is getting shopped to because the Hawks have no intention of giving him that money considering his age.

I mean- its not like they have a chance to win the conference anyway.....you really put yourself behind the 8 ball if you let talent like Milsap and Korver walk with no compensation- its just stupid.

why not get a couple first round picks and a young player or two- instead of letting the guys walk....makes sense to me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Friedell
ESPN Staff Writer

Taj Gibson, with a smile, on the Cavs getting Kyle Korver: "I feel like it's a cheat code."

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even getting rid of Korver seems odd. I mean, obviously he's not the same guy, but I'd expect he could be effective in a smaller role. Only makes sense if they can actually get something for him. Then they want to move Millsap too.

There has to be something else going on. You'd think they'd at least give it until the trade deadline, or heck, even the all star break. At 20-16, they're not exactly tearing up the league, but they're in first place in their division.

Just seems odd.

I'd blame Dwight, but @bksballer89 says that Lakers fans aren't allowed to talk about him. :dhd:

That's how it appears to me too. I mean, we've won five in a row and have actually been playing well.

Them knowing Millsap is not resigning with them for a fact is the only thing I can imagine that would make them do what they're doing.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave McMenaminESPN Staff Writer

Kyle Korver is with the Cavs in Phoenix but is unable to play or even watch the game from the bench because Mike Dunleavy's physical hasn't been completed by Atlanta yet. The Cavs hope the medicals will be completed by tomorrow so Korver can go through his first practice with the team in PHX.

Marc SteinESPN Senior Writer

Story going online co-scribed w/ @MarcJSpearsESPN: League sources say newly acquired Mike Dunleavy has yet to report to the Hawks post-trade

ESPN sources say Dunleavy is seeking a buyout from the Hawks but Atlanta wants to keep him after acquiring Dunleavy in the Kyle Korver trade

@WiggyRuss

My question: How long can Dunleavy hold up Korver from playing?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the answer could be as easy as- they have played better on the floor without according to the metrics suggested in a lot of articles- they dont want to resign him- and they want to move in another direction.

any team that trades for Milsap knows he wants 30 million a year on his new contract.....obviously he is getting shopped to because the Hawks have no intention of giving him that money considering his age.

I mean- its not like they have a chance to win the conference anyway.....you really put yourself behind the 8 ball if you let talent like Milsap and Korver walk with no compensation- its just stupid.

why not get a couple first round picks and a young player or two- instead of letting the guys walk....makes sense to me.

Yes and no. I understand the point that if he's not in their plans or they don't want to pay him what he's going to ask for. But they just added Dwight in an attempt to make a deep playoff run and now they want to blow it up, just as it looks like they are starting to play well.

I don't agree about the metrics. This is the first year with Dwight. Dwight changes the way they play a bit and it takes time to adjust. It was starting to look like they had made some of the necessary adjustments.

I agree that it's very unlikely they were winning the East anyway, but it seems awfully early to be throwing in the towel on their season.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad Dunleavy is a jackass and unwanted back by the Warriors (fans), because he would be a nice fit to the team. Another 6'9" wing player who could pass and shoot the ball would be nice to have off the bench. But there's no way in hell he comes back, most likely from his own choosing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad Dunleavy is a jackass and unwanted back by the Warriors (fans), because he would be a nice fit to the team. Another 6'9" wing player who could pass and shoot the ball would be nice to have off the bench. But there's no way in hell he comes back, most likely from his own choosing.
i kind of thought all the same things back in the summer when they acquired Dunleavy- but he just seemed cooked- like he never got any athleticism back after his back-surgery. Supposedly he was aloof and distant in the clubhouse and did not want to fit in- and was unhappy that he wasnt starting/getting more minutes--- not that he expected to start on the Cavs- but hes unhappy that he was on a team where his role was not starting.

I think the Cavs were very dissapointed- at first i really liked the trade for him- even more than the Frye one (which i didnt think was as big a deal as it has turned out to be when they first got him)....but he never got it together here.

apparently it was not a good fit- and thus they moved on and broguht in Korver.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave McMenaminESPN Staff Writer

Kyle Korver is with the Cavs in Phoenix but is unable to play or even watch the game from the bench because Mike Dunleavy's physical hasn't been completed by Atlanta yet. The Cavs hope the medicals will be completed by tomorrow so Korver can go through his first practice with the team in PHX.

Story going online co-scribed w/ @MarcJSpearsESPN: League sources say newly acquired Mike Dunleavy has yet to report to the Hawks post-trade

ESPN sources say Dunleavy is seeking a buyout from the Hawks but Atlanta wants to keep him after acquiring Dunleavy in the Kyle Korver trade

@WiggyRuss

My question: How long can Dunleavy hold up Korver from playing?
as long as he wants i guess---- Korver cnat even pratice until Dunleavy shows and takes his physical. However- if Dunleavy doesnt show up within 3 days and report- he can start being fined/ not get paid his 5 million dollar salary.

apparently dunleavy was not happy at all.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, interesting but I'm not sure what to totally make of this yet. Details of the deal haven't been released
That's a really nice addition, especially with JR Smith always hurt.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Dunleavy's balking at Hawks holds up Cavs' trade for Kyle Korver

Mike Dunleavy's unwillingness to play for the Atlanta Hawks is keeping Kyle Korver from formally joining the Cavs.

Dunleavy, traded by the Cavs to the Hawks Saturday along with Mo Williams, a 2019 first-round pick and some cash, is seeking a buyout from his contract. He has until 5 p.m. today to report to his new team -- and has no plans to do so.

The nuclear option here would be for the Hawks to void the trade, but they do not intend to do that and instead plan to complete the trade somehow, sources told cleveland.com. For the Hawks, the centerpiece of this deal was the first-round pick.

While Atlanta works through its options with Dunleavy -- the Hawks could waive his physical, which would complete the trade or could extend the 48-hour window Dunleavy had to report to the team -- Korver cannot not practice or play with the Cavs.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kind of thought all the same things back in the summer when they acquired Dunleavy- but he just seemed cooked- like he never got any athleticism back after his back-surgery. Supposedly he was aloof and distant in the clubhouse and did not want to fit in- and was unhappy that he wasnt starting/getting more minutes--- not that he expected to start on the Cavs- but hes unhappy that he was on a team where his role was not starting.

I think the Cavs were very dissapointed- at first i really liked the trade for him- even more than the Frye one (which i didnt think was as big a deal as it has turned out to be when they first got him)....but he never got it together here.

apparently it was not a good fit- and thus they moved on and broguht in Korver.

Dunleavy is among the most hated former Warriors in Warrior history. It had absolutely nothing to do with him being a former #3 pick and not producing. He was basically just a huge jackass and even used to rip the fans, who were intensely loyal to a really bad team.

He and Derek Fisher are my most hated Warriors of all time.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Dunleavy's balking at Hawks holds up Cavs' trade for Kyle Korver

Mike Dunleavy's unwillingness to play for the Atlanta Hawks is keeping Kyle Korver from formally joining the Cavs.

Dunleavy, traded by the Cavs to the Hawks Saturday along with Mo Williams, a 2019 first-round pick and some cash, is seeking a buyout from his contract. He has until 5 p.m. today to report to his new team -- and has no plans to do so.

The nuclear option here would be for the Hawks to void the trade, but they do not intend to do that and instead plan to complete the trade somehow, sources told cleveland.com. For the Hawks, the centerpiece of this deal was the first-round pick.

While Atlanta works through its options with Dunleavy -- the Hawks could waive his physical, which would complete the trade or could extend the 48-hour window Dunleavy had to report to the team -- Korver cannot not practice or play with the Cavs.

:yes:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunleavy is among the most hated former Warriors in Warrior history. It had absolutely nothing to do with him being a former #3 pick and not producing. He was basically just a huge jackass and even used to rip the fans, who were intensely loyal to a really bad team.

He and Derek Fisher are my most hated Warriors of all time.
ive read contradictory things--- that Dunleavy was upset to leave the Cavs--- and that Dunleavy doesnt like not-starting--- and never really fit in.

i have no clue what the truth is....what i know is that i was excited to add him to the Cavs in the offseason because of his size and shooting ability--- and there has been ample playing time avaliable for him to take a job in the rotation and it never happened for whatever reason.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive read contradictory things--- that Dunleavy was upset to leave the Cavs--- and that Dunleavy doesnt like not-starting--- and never really fit in.

i have no clue what the truth is....what i know is that i was excited to add him to the Cavs in the offseason because of his size and shooting ability--- and there has been ample playing time avaliable for him to take a job in the rotation and it never happened for whatever reason.

Oh I have no doubt he's upset to leave the Cavs. He goes from a team pretty much guaranteed to be in the finals to a team that has no shot at getting past the 2nd round at best. Plus with all the trade rumors surrounding Millsap too, it's clear the Hawks are trying to go in another direction.

He's probably additionally upset because he likely passed up a little more money in the off-season to chase a ring and then got booted from them.

:noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I have no doubt he's upset to leave the Cavs. He goes from a team pretty much guaranteed to be in the finals to a team that has no shot at getting past the 2nd round at best. Plus with all the trade rumors surrounding Millsap too, it's clear the Hawks are trying to go in another direction.

He's probably additionally upset because he likely passed up a little more money in the off-season to chase a ring and then got booted from them.

:noidea:
well it was a trade from the Bulls- the Cavs used the exemption created from creatively structuring the Dellavadova "trade" to absorb Dunleavy from the Bulls so they could sign Dwade...

so he wasnt giving up any money....but he definitely isnt gonna win a ring now.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it was a trade from the Bulls- the Cavs used the exemption created from creatively structuring the Dellavadova "trade" to absorb Dunleavy from the Bulls so they could sign Dwade...

so he wasnt giving up any money....but he definitely isnt gonna win a ring now.

Oh my mistake. Didn't realize it was by trade.