• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kupchak speaks to reporters for 1st time since Howard's "DECISION"

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How disappointed was he to lose Howard in free agency to the "little town" of Houston, as Shaquille O'Neal derisively called it?

"It wasn't a surprise. I had a feeling that Houston was a frontrunner, and whenever a player is an unrestricted free agent, anything can happen," Kupchak said. "Clearly, we wanted to keep him here in Los Angeles, and I felt we did everything we could do within reason to show we did want to keep him here.

"Until the end, I kept up hope. I think we were as persistent as we could be within reason. I wasn't shocked but I was disappointed."

With Kobe Bryant coming back at an unknown date from a torn Achilles' tendon, is it time to punt away next season and play for a high draft pick in 2014?

"You know that's not our plan. Our plan was to bring back Dwight Howard and that would have sky-rocketed our payroll," Kupchak said. "That's never a plan here with our fan base, to throw in the towel before the season begins. We always try to win, and that's what we're going to do this year.

"We have challenges. There's no doubt. We don't know when Kobe's coming back, and we don't know what level he's going to come back at, although we're optimistic. Everything's good with Steve [Nash]. Pau [Gasol] should be fine. We've added some athleticism. We're hopefully putting ourselves in position where we can compete in every game."

More from Mitch in the link

Mitch Kupchak says Lakers won't throw in the towel next season - latimes.com

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're done and Mitch knows it. Jim Buss cemented the Lakers fate when he signed D'Antoni as HC instead of Phil Jackson. This team was put together with mismatched parts and a coach that runs an up tempo style, yet has older players?

Game over

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're done and Mitch knows it. Jim Buss cemented the Lakers fate when he signed D'Antoni as HC instead of Phil Jackson. This team was put together with mismatched parts and a coach that runs an up tempo style, yet has older players?

Game over
Pretty much says it all...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game over

Makes me mad everytime I think about. Good news is that Kurt Rambis is back and that is a sign that Mike D could be replaced by a Phil guy.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is going to be ugly - just because we will win enough games to get a bad draft pick.

Nash, Kobe, Young, Gasol is a decent enough cast to compete for a playoff spot. With our luck, we get in as the 7th or 8th seed and screw our draft.