• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kuma To Dodgers

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have the pick and sign Leake though we won't get him either.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another fail for Jack who didn't/couldn't trade him at the deadline which assuredly would have gotten more back than a draft pick in the late 30's early 40's.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... the Mariners don't know when to fire sale. START TRADING THESE GUYS! Let's start building a good team from the INSIDE... yah, get some good minor prospects, coach them up (oh that's right, the Ms don't know how to do that) and build a team the right way.

Can we trade Felix and Cruz already? Both could get some great talent at the minor position. Sadly we're stuck with Cano because of the ridiculous contract but otherwise...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh the narrative that holding onto him last summer would make it easier to resign him the winter. So shocked that didn't play out.
For the record I'm glad they didn't bend over backwards to sign him. Leads me to think Dipoto really is calling the shots which gives me hope.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
X_vDhHiE_bigger.png Ken Rosenthal Verified account ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Mariners making progress on trade for #RedSox’s Miley.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another fail for Jack who didn't/couldn't trade him at the deadline which assuredly would have gotten more back than a draft pick in the late 30's early 40's.
What makes you think that Jack would have gotten more back? I will take a Dipoto Draft Pick over a Jack Z throw-away player.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think that Jack would have gotten more back? I will take a Dipoto Draft Pick over a Jack Z throw-away player.

And Dipoto has done what with trades? He has gotten raped on every deal. He makes Bavasi look like a genius. And Jack (and I usually don't defend Jack) is the one that signed Kuma. What has Dipoto done? Aoki has been the only positive move he has made.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dipoto has done what with trades? He has gotten raped on every deal. He makes Bavasi look like a genius. And Jack (and I usually don't defend Jack) is the one that signed Kuma. What has Dipoto done? Aoki has been the only positive move he has made.
What has he done? He's shored up an outfield, improved the worst position on the team last year (catcher), cut loose Trumbo and his 9 million to invest in a player with more upside.

And to say that he "got raped" in every trade is just dumb. The trade with TB was good, and letting Trumbo go will probably turn out for the better.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he done? He's shored up an outfield, improved the worst position on the team last year (catcher), cut loose Trumbo and his 9 million to invest in a player with more upside.

And to say that he "got raped" in every trade is just dumb. The trade with TB was good, and letting Trumbo go will probably turn out for the better.

???????????????

Improved our outfield defense, yes. Better offense from outfield, nah.

Cut loose Trumbo who had one of the best RBI per AB's on the team, but who needs a guy that can drive in runs at Safeco? Those guys grow on trees.

Improved the catcher position with a .188 hitter???

Tampa trade was Karns for Miller, Morrison, and Farquhar. Powell is a 22 year old defensive CF who can't hit. We have Bishop who is a 22 year old defensive CF that can't hit. We have Cousino who is a 22 year old defensive CF who can't hit. We have Ian Miller who is a 23 year old defensive CF who can't hit. I guess you can't have too many of those in your system.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???????????????

Improved our outfield defense, yes. Better offense from outfield, nah.

Cut loose Trumbo who had one of the best RBI per AB's on the team, but who needs a guy that can drive in runs at Safeco? Those guys grow on trees.

Improved the catcher position with a .188 hitter???

Tampa trade was Karns for Miller, Morrison, and Farquhar. Powell is a 22 year old defensive CF who can't hit. We have Bishop who is a 22 year old defensive CF that can't hit. We have Cousino who is a 22 year old defensive CF who can't hit. We have Ian Miller who is a 23 year old defensive CF who can't hit. I guess you can't have too many of those in your system.

My bigger concern was I always saw Trumbo as a guy who was raw, even though he had a lot of ABs in the majors I felt like he had more potential than he was displaying. I'm obviously cherry-picking my statistics, but after Edgar came in, Trumbo hit around .290 for the remainder of the season at his current AB/HR rate.

I do like the Iannetta trade though. Gets on base more than any other catcher in the organization, and I expect his BA to rebound up to .220 at the least, .240 at best. A 2013 campaign offensively is what I'd expect from Iannetta, with 2014 being optimistic. Considering the trash the Mariners had at catcher last year, going from historically bad to mediocre/average is a huge improvement.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the Iannetta trade though. Gets on base more than any other catcher in the organization, and I expect his BA to rebound up to .220 at the least, .240 at best. A 2013 campaign offensively is what I'd expect from Iannetta, with 2014 being optimistic. Considering the trash the Mariners had at catcher last year, going from historically bad to mediocre/average is a huge improvement.

A marginal offensive improvement at catcher won't do anything to improve win totals I am afraid. I will take Zunino with a stud 1B anytime over this minimal improvement.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A marginal offensive improvement at catcher won't do anything to improve win totals I am afraid. I will take Zunino with a stud 1B anytime over this minimal improvement.

I would take Zunino with a stud 1B as well, but we don't have that.

I do think that Chris Iannetta does improve the catcher position significantly, but that's primarily based on the fact that I expect a drastic improvement from him at the plate that would echo his 2013-2014 production, which would be a huge improvement from the collective .160 or whatever BA that the Mariners produced in 2015.

The fact is that there aren't many catchers on the market the Mariners realistically could've gone for. Iannetta is a buy low option with solid upside at a relatively cheap price.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that there aren't many catchers on the market the Mariners realistically could've gone for. Iannetta is a buy low option with solid upside at a relatively cheap price.

Ianetta was the highest signed catcher in this off season and he is paid more than LuCroy and Perez (KC). I wouldn't say he was cheap.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmm was wondering why this wasn't finalized. Not sure how this shakes out. Stay tuned I guess

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read they were trying to rework deal. But that also means there is an opening for M's if he wants back and M's willing to spend.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read they were trying to rework deal. But that also means there is an opening for M's if he wants back and M's willing to spend.

Unfortunately it looks like the Mariners have already gone with their plan B. And if the moves made this season tell us anything, it says that the Mariners either don't have, or are unwilling to shell out another $15m in payroll.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it looks like the Mariners have already gone with their plan B. And if the moves made this season tell us anything, it says that the Mariners either don't have, or are unwilling to shell out another $15m in payroll.

Unless his countrymen make an exception.