• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Rules Out For Opener Against Clippers

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following the Lakers' final preseason game of the season four days before the season opener Tuesday vs. the Clippers, coach Mike D'Antoni finally put the matter to rest. Kobe Bryant will not play.
D'Antoni finally rules Kobe out definitively for the season opener Tuesday.
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) October 26, 2013
Bryant tore his Achilles in April and has endeavored to return as soon as possible. There have been mixed signals as to his progress for months, but recent indications were that it was unlikely he would play. Both Bryant's friend Brian Shaw and D'Antoni have said this month they didn't think he would play vs. the Clippers. Bryant said on October 14th if a preseason game to be played that week were a playoff game, he'd play.
It's not a big deal, Bryant said earlier this month he didn't understand the fuss, that he'd be ready when he's ready. The odds are good that Bryant will be back before the end of November. He won't be gone long enough to significantly alter the Lakers' season one way or the other. But on opening night, the legend will not suit up.
It turns out there is a limit to what Bryant can do after all.

Mike D'Antoni rules out Kobe Bryant for season opener vs. Clippers - CBSSports.com

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having worked with these sports injuries, I have been stating all along that even superman is human and the achilles tendon rupture is especially difficult to overcome. I predicted back when Kobe had the injury that it would be at least till around the holidays for the return of Kobe and I also stated that you proceed with this injury with caution. And that is exactly what is occurring.

All those prognoses for early return because it was Kobe and medical bandstanding by doctors were indeed just marketing and star-strucked exaggerations in my opinion. You can not rush this thing and because of Kobe's age, progress is slow because if he ruptures it again, and that has happened, he'll be lucky to even walk.

Besides, we don't need Kobe to rush back. We have a great young and athletic backcourt with Farmar, Blake, Johnson, Meeks, and even some of Henry at the 2 with the elder guiding Nash providing the needed counsel that Kobe can take his time to assure a complete functional healing. That is the reality as I stated nearly a year ago.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really have to wonder if Kobe will even be able to finish the season, let alone start by the holidays. It's obvious that his best days are behind him, and with a rather weak supporting cast around him, you have to wonder if his heart will really be in it this season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Luckless. I agree that Kobe may begin to stray into those waters of retirement or even take the whole year off especially if this latest team experiment suddenly takes a turn south (which I don't think will happen). But if this team really takes off and starts winning and is playing with great confidence and chemistry which they appear to be doing, then I believe Kobe will be back around the holidays and join in the fray.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's healthy regardless of weather this team does well or bad his going to play Kobe just loves the game way too much & i'm pretty sure he wants to get his conditioning back even if its' to get better for 2014-2015....no way he would retire unless he really cant play no more.

One thing is for sure i would not bet against him let's just give him the time he needs to heal that thing. :nod:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers aren't winning anything this year anyways, Kobe doesn't need to rush it

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers aren't winning anything this year anyways, Kobe doesn't need to rush it

:agree: Better he take his time and come back as close to 100% as possible than to rush it and end up out for the season again.