• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Out for Season

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon to be announced:

Report: Lakers to announce Kobe Bryant is done for the year - CBSSports.com

It would seem his injury is having troubles healing, if only some body said that with age these things tend to take longer and be more detrimental...hmmmm

Now accepting bets on how many minutes Kobe plays in the NBA and the line has MOVED!!!!

It is now set at 1476, or 41 games of 36 minutes.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is undefeated. Kobe will NEVER be the same player he was before. That's not to say he won't be a very good player, but his fans seem to think he's invincible and that he'll return to the Kobe of 10 years ago. For what they are paying him, he will be extremely overpaid for what he's going to deliver on the court. We may FINALLY see him become a facilitator instead of chucking shots all night. Next season should be very interesting in terms of what he chooses to do as a player.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is undefeated. Kobe will NEVER be the same player he was before. That's not to say he won't be a very good player, but his fans seem to think he's invincible and that he'll return to the Kobe of 10 years ago. For what they are paying him, he will be extremely overpaid for what he's going to deliver on the court. We may FINALLY see him become a facilitator instead of chucking shots all night. Next season should be very interesting in terms of what he chooses to do as a player.

Where Kobe could be extremely valuable next year is as a mentor, if we land Exum in the draft (good possibility). Exum has already said he wants to be a Laker and he wants to learn under Kobe. Kobe will be fine. I do not expect him to be even 3-4 years ago, but we do all expect him to be very good.

If we have a lineup of: Exum, Gasol, and Love - he really doesn't have to be great - just good.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect we'll see Kobe do more like he was starting to before this knee injury. Facilitating more and picking his spots to shoot.

As Hizzle points out, he won't be the Kobe of even 4 years ago, but he should still be very good. He's always been able to adjust his game when needed, now he has to.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Kobe completing his current contract and then eventually ending up as a coach of some capacity.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Kobe being the highest paid coach in the history of the league the next 2 season.

If he could get to 100% he might be 50% of last year Kobe. I expect him to play maybe 500 minutes the rest of his career.

How anybody can expect more than that from any man at his age is beyond me.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocker.....:rollseyes:

He was out for the season before it ever began.

Who knows how long he holds up next season.
Hopefully it's not D. Rose part II

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where Kobe could be extremely valuable next year is as a mentor, if we land Exum in the draft (good possibility). Exum has already said he wants to be a Laker and he wants to learn under Kobe. Kobe will be fine. I do not expect him to be even 3-4 years ago, but we do all expect him to be very good.

If we have a lineup of: Exum, Gasol, and Love - he really doesn't have to be great - just good.

Assuming Kobe wants to do those things, I'd agree.

My problem is I won't believe that until I see it. Kobe's ego won't let that happen. If that team is winning games, he's going to be taking the shots. I don't think he has any interest in winning if it means he has to take a back seat.

Granted, I could be very wrong here.......but I'll have to see this in Kobe before I believe it will happen.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe will take that special flight back to Germany and get the magic juice. Others have followed him.

He will be a decent top 20 player next year. Count on it

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that procedure is for cartilage not bones chips

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no reason to come back anyway. I'm glad this decision was made.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uh, can you really blame us? Kobe has been the ironman of the NBA in terms of the injuries he has ignored.

It should be a lot easier for Kobe to get back into the groove of things next year, with a training camp under his belt. Coming back in the middle of the season to a team on the brink, while being that competitive just wasn't a good combo. Hopefully things work out better next year, it was a great decision to sit out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a single one of my fellow Lakers fans will disagree with this decision!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is undefeated. Kobe will NEVER be the same player he was before. That's not to say he won't be a very good player, but his fans seem to think he's invincible and that he'll return to the Kobe of 10 years ago.

Why do people lie to make other fanbases look bad?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is undefeated. Kobe will NEVER be the same player he was before. That's not to say he won't be a very good player, but his fans seem to think he's invincible and that he'll return to the Kobe of 10 years ago.

Really? Who says that?

Or could it be you're just making things up?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe will be fine when he comes back.

He will easily still be a top 20 player instead of a top 5 player....which is fine.

He sells tickets and is the face of the franchise.

If he came back, all it would do is make their lottery position worse.

There is no real upside for his return in 2013-14 season at this point.

I look forward to seeing him back next season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get those knees good Kobe. Get ready for next season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No Laker fan believes Kobe will return to the Kobe of 10 years ago. Quit making shit up.

Did you watch him last season? He was the facilitator the second half of last season as the Lakers had to push hard to make the playoffs. Quit being a blind hater.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: