• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe is awesome- priceless reaction on Kimmel

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as buyouts go- the one guy that I REALLY wanted was Jeremy Lin- hoping that he would possibly be bought out- getting him to a contender, maybe saving the Lakers a little money- and tipping the scales just even a little further that the Lakers keep their draft pick...but - it didnt happen.

Watching Dellevadova start the other day in Houston was just atrocious. He gave the Cavs very very little in over 40 minutes of play. If Kyrie plays that game there is a totally different feel to it.....The vulnerability in theCavs is that the backups to Kyrie and LeBron are just so terrible.....they could weather an injury from Love ...its a lot harder for them to miss Kyrie and or Bron and win against really good teams. Even either of those guys are out- the other has to play a perfect game to beat good teams- alas- Kyrie played perfect against Portland and theCAvs won- and LeBron screwed up on his foul shooting against houston- and they lost.

Lin would have been PERFECT....but no dice

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as buyouts go- the one guy that I REALLY wanted was Jeremy Lin- hoping that he would possibly be bought out- getting him to a contender, maybe saving the Lakers a little money- and tipping the scales just even a little further that the Lakers keep their draft pick...but - it didnt happen.

Watching Dellevadova start the other day in Houston was just atrocious. He gave the Cavs very very little in over 40 minutes of play. If Kyrie plays that game there is a totally different feel to it.....The vulnerability in theCavs is that the backups to Kyrie and LeBron are just so terrible.....they could weather an injury from Love ...its a lot harder for them to miss Kyrie and or Bron and win against really good teams. Even either of those guys are out- the other has to play a perfect game to beat good teams- alas- Kyrie played perfect against Portland and theCAvs won- and LeBron screwed up on his foul shooting against houston- and they lost.

Lin would have been PERFECT....but no dice

I doubt he'd be what you're looking for. Duse struggles playing with superstars. He was Linsanity in New York until 'Melo came back. He was inconsistent as hell in Houston with Dwight and Harden and with the Lakers he struggled to play alongside Kobe and has only been playing consistently since the all star break.

No reason to think it would be better for him with Lebron, Kyrie and Love.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he'd be what you're looking for. Duse struggles playing with superstars. He was Linsanity in New York until 'Melo came back. He was inconsistent as hell in Houston with Dwight and Harden and with the Lakers he struggled to play alongside Kobe and has only been playing consistently since the all star break.

I understand your argument- but im just saying the Cavs dont need a lot- just a guy who is competent in the face of playing Dellevadova......Did you see his numbers playing over 40 minutes vs. the Rockets the other day? While Delly does make 39% of the his 3's this year and plays decent defense- he cant run an offense....

This year Lin is at about 44% shooting, and last year with the Rockets he was at almost 45%, and the year before that at 44%- while shooting about 35% from 3 on average over those years. - and averaging about 5 assists a night over the last 3 years with the Lakers/Rockets. Ill take that without a doubt compared to Dellevdovas 4.5 points, 2 boards and 3assistsin20 minutes.

Lin is definitely not starting PG material in the NBA. But he could be a decent backup.....the problem is he is paid like he is a starter.

As for not being able to work with the Cavs Big 3- Id want him playing when Kyrie was not on the floor- Love's role is not to dominate the ball in this offense as we have seen- and LeBron makes everyone he plays with better- as opposed to Melo, Kobe, Harden who are all known as more of ball-hog type players.

We wouldnt need Lin to be Linsanity- just to be a steady backup- which i think he could have done.

Looks like we wont know as the Lakers decided not to buy him out.

He wont be back next year will he?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny, I never viewed his play from that angle.

But, I agree.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your argument- but im just saying the Cavs dont need a lot- just a guy who is competent in the face of playing Dellevadova......Did you see his numbers playing over 40 minutes vs. the Rockets the other day? While Delly does make 39% of the his 3's this year and plays decent defense- he cant run an offense....

This year Lin is at about 44% shooting, and last year with the Rockets he was at almost 45%, and the year before that at 44%- while shooting about 35% from 3 on average over those years. - and averaging about 5 assists a night over the last 3 years with the Lakers/Rockets. Ill take that without a doubt compared to Dellevdovas 4.5 points, 2 boards and 3assistsin20 minutes.

Lin is definitely not starting PG material in the NBA. But he could be a decent backup.....the problem is he is paid like he is a starter.

As for not being able to work with the Cavs Big 3- Id want him playing when Kyrie was not on the floor- Love's role is not to dominate the ball in this offense as we have seen- and LeBron makes everyone he plays with better- as opposed to Melo, Kobe, Harden who are all known as more of ball-hog type players.

We wouldnt need Lin to be Linsanity- just to be a steady backup- which i think he could have done.

Looks like we wont know as the Lakers decided not to buy him out.

He wont be back next year will he?

Good points. I just don't think you'd be as happy with him as you think. The problem isn't the superstars that he played with, the problem is that superstars need the ball, no matter who they are. Lin is most effective when he is dominating the ball and dishing or driving. Even with Lebron, he wouldn't be able to do that.

As for him coming back next year. It depends. He's been playing pretty well since the all-star break. If he keeps playing well, I could see the Lakers keeping him as a backup PG and paying him like a backup PG. The question will be whether or not someone else thinks he's worth more and will overpay him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points. I just don't think you'd be as happy with him as you think. The problem isn't the superstars that he played with, the problem is that superstars need the ball, no matter who they are. Lin is most effective when he is dominating the ball and dishing or driving. Even with Lebron, he wouldn't be able to do that.

As for him coming back next year. It depends. He's been playing pretty well since the all-star break. If he keeps playing well, I could see the Lakers keeping him as a backup PG and paying him like a backup PG. The question will be whether or not someone else thinks he's worth more and will overpay him.

If I am the Lakers I just make Clarkson the backup and let Lin go unless he just gets nothing. Clarkson is young and has showed some promise- but you cant give him the keys to the car if you want to win next year- hed be perfect as a backup and see how he develops.

I like- and have liked Ed Davis for a while - hes actually a pretty solid defender too....I used to think Hill for 9 million wouldnt be bad....but maybe get rid of him and use half of that to bring back Davis and the rest put in your war-chest to go after FA's....

do Lakers fans think Hill will be back at his over 9M salary? That to me is a very tough question- because he is clearly a solid guy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I never viewed his play from that angle.

But, I agree.

yah....when you need the ball in your hands , like Lin pretty much does, its a hard thing to play with Melo, Kobe and Harden.....Lin just isnt good enough to justify letting him operate the offense though- especially playing withthose guys- but id take him as a backup. In the playoffs you need guys that can make plays- and he would be a pretty good asset off the bench in my opinion since he has proven he can make plays.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Lakers I just make Clarkson the backup and let Lin go unless he just gets nothing. Clarkson is young and has showed some promise- but you cant give him the keys to the car if you want to win next year- hed be perfect as a backup and see how he develops.

I like- and have liked Ed Davis for a while - hes actually a pretty solid defender too....I used to think Hill for 9 million wouldnt be bad....but maybe get rid of him and use half of that to bring back Davis and the rest put in your war-chest to go after FA's....

do Lakers fans think Hill will be back at his over 9M salary? That to me is a very tough question- because he is clearly a solid guy.

I'd run with Clarkson as the starter at point and bring Lin back as the backup if he can be re-signed at the right price. If the Lakers do well in FA, then they will have players who can take the pressure off of Clarkson as the starter.

If they don't do well in FA and end up looking toward the 2016 FA class, then I'd still start him because he'll continue developing along with Randle and the, hopefully, top 5 player that they get in the upcoming draft.

It's hard to say with Hill. I think a lot will depend on what direction the Lakers go in the draft and FA. I'd love for them to keep Ed Davis. I think he would be a great backup and emergency starter. The problem is, he may be this years Jodie Meeks and have played well enough that someone may give him more money than the Lakers are willing to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd run with Clarkson as the starter at point and bring Lin back as the backup if he can be re-signed at the right price. If the Lakers do well in FA, then they will have players who can take the pressure off of Clarkson as the starter.

If they don't do well in FA and end up looking toward the 2016 FA class, then I'd still start him because he'll continue developing along with Randle and the, hopefully, top 5 player that they get in the upcoming draft.

It's hard to say with Hill. I think a lot will depend on what direction the Lakers go in the draft and FA. I'd love for them to keep Ed Davis. I think he would be a great backup and emergency starter. The problem is, he may be this years Jodie Meeks and have played well enough that someone may give him more money than the Lakers are willing to.

I think asking Clarkson to start is asking too much of him-IF the Lakers are trying to make the playoffs next year. I think to make a guy like that the starter is almost a slap in the face to Kobe.

If you do not plan on making the playoffs next year- than I have less of a problem of starting Clarkson and developing him- but man- I think you are asking a lot of the guy. Having him as the backup he could still get 25 minutes a night and develop...

I remember watching him in the game you guys came to Cleveland- and was impressed- and commented that in lost seasons one of the good parts is finding guys like Clarkson that can end up being rotation guys, that make little salary- and allow you to spend money else where.....but - especially in the West- its hard for me to imagine the Lakers making the playoffs withhim as the starter.

just think of the other PGs in the West on the good teams, RW, Lillard, Parker, Conley, Rondo, Curry, Paul, Bledsoe....you would be bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight

Whoknows. maybe I am wrong....we shall see.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah....when you need the ball in your hands , like Lin pretty much does, its a hard thing to play with Melo, Kobe and Harden.....Lin just isnt good enough to justify letting him operate the offense though- especially playing withthose guys- but id take him as a backup. In the playoffs you need guys that can make plays- and he would be a pretty good asset off the bench in my opinion since he has proven he can make plays.

Delly is just....awful..lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly is just....awful..lol
anytime he plays over 15 minutes he is totally exposed.

It was almost unfair of Blatt to play him 40+ minutes against Houston. - Delly can add something but needs to be kept in small doses. It pissed me off so bad that Patrick Beverly got all huffy and puffy because all he had to do was abuse Delly.....Irving would have carved him up and he wouldve been to spent to do anything on offense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think asking Clarkson to start is asking too much of him-IF the Lakers are trying to make the playoffs next year. I think to make a guy like that the starter is almost a slap in the face to Kobe.

If you do not plan on making the playoffs next year- than I have less of a problem of starting Clarkson and developing him- but man- I think you are asking a lot of the guy. Having him as the backup he could still get 25 minutes a night and develop...

I remember watching him in the game you guys came to Cleveland- and was impressed- and commented that in lost seasons one of the good parts is finding guys like Clarkson that can end up being rotation guys, that make little salary- and allow you to spend money else where.....but - especially in the West- its hard for me to imagine the Lakers making the playoffs withhim as the starter.

just think of the other PGs in the West on the good teams, RW, Lillard, Parker, Conley, Rondo, Curry, Paul, Bledsoe....you would be bringing a pocket knife to a gun fight

From what I have seen of Clarkson, he's more of a Brandon Knight type of guard.

He can play some point. But, I think his long-term position will be SG.

With that being said, the kid can play if given the time to develop.

If the Lakers don't pick high enough to draft Okafor or Mudiay, pairing Knight with D'Angelo Russell would be pretty filthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Lakers don't pick high enough to draft Okafor or Mudiay, pairing Knight with D'Angelo Russell would be pretty filthy.

Yah its almost an exercise in futility to even speculate on the Lakers roster with so many things up in the air at this point.

I think Clarkson ideally comes off the bench- not only because he has so little experience- but he can be a playmaker and not just focus on distributing- and it woudl give him time to develop.

Knight is a damn good player. He was the 3rd overall pick and it took him 4 years to become anything more than just another guy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. First of all, Clarkson is already starting this year. So it's not as if it would be new for him. Also, if the Lakers do well in FA, they will have the players to get to the playoffs without needing Clarkson to lead them there. The Lakers won 5 championships with Derek Fisher as point guard and Clarkson projects to be better than Fisher.

I love me some D-Fish, but he was not leading the Lakers anywhere, they won championships because of guys like Shaq, Kobe and Pau. D-Fish found ways to contribute, but it's not as if those Lakers teams wouldn't have still won titles if they had someone else running point.

A great point guard isn't required to make the playoffs or win titles (see the Lakers and more recently the Heat), you just need an adequate point guard and Clarkson is already at least an adequate point guard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. First of all, Clarkson is already starting this year. So it's not as if it would be new for him. Also, if the Lakers do well in FA, they will have the players to get to the playoffs without needing Clarkson to lead them there. The Lakers won 5 championships with Derek Fisher as point guard and Clarkson projects to be better than Fisher.

I love me some D-Fish, but he was not leading the Lakers anywhere, they won championships because of guys like Shaq, Kobe and Pau. D-Fish found ways to contribute, but it's not as if those Lakers teams wouldn't have still won titles if they had someone else running point.

A great point guard isn't required to make the playoffs or win titles (see the Lakers and more recently the Heat), you just need an adequate point guard and Clarkson is already at least an adequate point guard.

Oh sure....if you have Shaq and Kobe you dont need a great PG....you could get by with Clarkson....even if you have Kobe, and an in his prime Gasol, with Artest and Odom still with smething left in their tanks.....

PG is one of the easier positions in the league to find a difference maker- and the Lakers are pretty much without a true difference maker ...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure....if you have Shaq and Kobe you dont need a great PG....you could get by with Clarkson....even if you have Kobe, and an in his prime Gasol, with Artest and Odom still with smething left in their tanks.....

PG is one of the easier positions in the league to find a difference maker- and the Lakers are pretty much without a true difference maker ...

That's the point, if they do well in FA, they won't need Clarkson to be a difference maker.