• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe is awesome- priceless reaction on Kimmel

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A combo of Kobe's natural reaction and as wildturkey said, him being media savvy. If he had seen that off-camera, the resulting profanity laced tirade would have been epic.

I think Nick Young has some great potential if someone like Kobe can mentor him for a couple of more years and I envision him as a brassy young kid that is raw and rough around the edges. With a good coach like Byron Scott and Kobe there to put him into place, I think he can be taught. Think of this way - there is no such thing as children that are mean and evil - they have merely been untaught. Once disciplined properly, they can be trained and groomed into something worthy

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick Young has some great potential if someone like Kobe can mentor him for a couple of more years and I envision him as a brassy young kid that is raw and rough around the edges. With a good coach like Byron Scott and Kobe there to put him into place, I think he can be taught. Think of this way - there is no such thing as children that are mean and evil - they have merely been untaught. Once disciplined properly, they can be trained and groomed into something worthy

You realize Nick Young is almost 30 and has been in the NBA for 7 years right? He is who he is at this point. Pretty rare for a person (player or not) to change their personality at that age.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young is 29 years old and has already been in the NBA for 8 Seasons.

There is a reason the Wizards, Clippers and 76ers all passed on him.

He is who he is and has zero interest in changing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Nick Young is almost 30 and has been in the NBA for 7 years right? He is who he is at this point. Pretty rare for a person (player or not) to change their personality at that age.
I was thinking he was younger, but if he's that old then he's got to go this summer - and I expect he will be gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. However, he is still a talented player and can have some value. Teams need a Nick Young type who keeps things loose in a long season, just like they need a Kobe type to keep them focused.

The problem with Kobe out, is there isn't that player to keep Nick Young in check. Byron mostly does a good job of holding him accountable, but some of that has to come from teammates.

You can bet that Young wouldn't be hijacking any Kobe interviews like he did Jeremy Lin's interview. :lol:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However, he is still a talented player and can have some value. Teams need a Nick Young type who keeps things loose in a long season, just like they need a Kobe type to keep them focused.

The problem with Kobe out, is there isn't that player to keep Nick Young in check. Byron mostly does a good job of holding him accountable, but some of that has to come from teammates.

You can bet that Young wouldn't be hijacking any Kobe interviews like he did Jeremy Lin's interview. :lol:

He is a clown.

I think it's hilarious how he gets so upset when someone mentions his chick. But, she is free to start fights all over the internet:lol:

Nick Young has got Iggy Azalea’s back. Or at least he does on social media.

After SportsCenter anchor Robert Flores took a pretty funny shot at Azalea this morning on live television, Young took to Twitter to let Flores know the two had problems.

b_hk_wauqaai-bc.png

Here is Flores’ quote: “And what did we learn? We learned that according to the Lakers’ Nick Young a dolphin recently tried to kill him. So Nick while dolphins are trying to kill you, your girlfriend is trying to kill hip hop. Let’s call it even, OK?”

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is he really talented? do you think he is even a top 20 shooting guard? Id rather have....

1. Harden
2. Thompson
3. Wade
4. Butler
5. Ellis
6. Oladipo
7. Ty. Evans
8. Jamal Crawford
9. Wes Mathews
10. Lou Williams
11. Bradley beal
12. Jr Smith
13. JJ Redick
14. Arron Afflallo
15. Kyle Korver
16. CJ Miles
17. KCP
18. G. Green
19. Ben McLemore
20. OJ Mayo
21. Khris Middleton (YES DEFINITELY)
22. Danny Green
23. Wayne Ellington
24. Anthony Morrow
25. Lance Stephenson
26. KJ McDaniels
27. Evan Turner
28. Dion Waiters
29. Courtney Lee
30. Tony Allen
31. Andre Iguadala
32. Joe Johnson (forgot about him earlier)
33. Corey Brewer
34. Kevin Martin
35. Gerald Henderson
36. Tim Hardaway Jr. (yes a knick)
37. Kobe BRYANT- even if he had one leg amputated
38. DEMAR DEROZAN0 howd i miss him?

There are seriously almost 40 shooting guards id rather have- maybe you canargue like 5-6 guys on this list like McDaniels- (id take mcdaniels EASILY- as i would Morrow- at least Morrow does one thing great)...

I honestly think Nick Young is one of the worst players in theNBAthat gets regular minutes. His job is to shoot and he does a piss poor job of even that.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is he really talented? do you think he is even a top 20 shooting guard? Id rather have....

I know this is a lost season for the Lakers. So, they aren't trippin on him.

But, I expect him to be gone next Season.

He is more concerned with Fashion Shows, Magazine photo shots and twitter beefs than basketball.

Guys like Westbrook and Wade love fashion and the spotlight too.

But, there is no doubt where their priorities lie.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a lost season for the Lakers. So, they aren't trippin on him.

But, I expect him to be gone next Season.

He is more concerned with Fashion Shows, Magazine photo shots and twitter beefs than basketball.

Guys like Westbrook and Wade love fashion and the spotlight too.

But, there is no doubt where their priorities lie.

I wouldn't be surprised if Young and Hill are gone after this season. They both clown around a lot. B. Scott is trying to develop a certain culture in the locker room. Neither seem to be good fits for what Coach wants.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith is almost as good as Bradley Beal... lmao

This could be a good thing for Nick Young, all he has to do is pretend like every player in the league disrespected Iggy and he'll be the next MJ.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Young and Hill are gone after this season. They both clown around a lot. B. Scott is trying to develop a certain culture in the locker room. Neither seem to be good fits for what Coach wants.

Jordan will be gone as trade bait.

The Lakers did themselves a huge favor with that Team option for 9 mil.

Any team looking to shed salary can trade for him and just decline the option.

I expect a few Teams to have fire sales after the big named Free Agents are off the board.

Denver will probably get rid of Manimal and Lawson if they can't get any of the guys they are targeting.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a clown.

I think it's hilarious how he gets so upset when someone mentions his chick. But, she is free to start fights all over the internet:lol:

Nick Young has got Iggy Azalea’s back. Or at least he does on social media.

After SportsCenter anchor Robert Flores took a pretty funny shot at Azalea this morning on live television, Young took to Twitter to let Flores know the two had problems.

b_hk_wauqaai-bc.png

Here is Flores’ quote: “And what did we learn? We learned that according to the Lakers’ Nick Young a dolphin recently tried to kill him. So Nick while dolphins are trying to kill you, your girlfriend is trying to kill hip hop. Let’s call it even, OK?”

That Flores shot was hilarious (and probably true)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Harden
2. Thompson
3. Wade
4. Butler
5. Ellis
6. Oladipo
7. Ty. Evans
8. Jamal Crawford
9. Wes Mathews
10. Lou Williams
11. Bradley beal
12. Jr Smith
13. JJ Redick
14. Arron Afflallo
15. Kyle Korver
16. CJ Miles
17. KCP
18. G. Green
19. Ben McLemore
20. OJ Mayo
21. Khris Middleton (YES DEFINITELY)
22. Danny Green
23. Wayne Ellington
24. Anthony Morrow
25. Lance Stephenson
26. KJ McDaniels
27. Evan Turner
28. Dion Waiters
29. Courtney Lee
30. Tony Allen
31. Andre Iguadala
32. Joe Johnson (forgot about him earlier)
33. Corey Brewer
34. Kevin Martin
35. Gerald Henderson
36. Tim Hardaway Jr. (yes a knick)
37. Kobe BRYANT- even if he had one leg amputated
38. DEMAR DEROZAN0 howd i miss him?

There are seriously almost 40 shooting guards id rather have- maybe you canargue like 5-6 guys on this list like McDaniels- (id take mcdaniels EASILY- as i would Morrow- at least Morrow does one thing great)...

I honestly think Nick Young is one of the worst players in theNBAthat gets regular minutes. His job is to shoot and he does a piss poor job of even that.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Yes, Nick Young is a talented player. He's also a backup. I'd rather have most of the guys on that list too. The majority of the guys on your list are starters.

Stop being a moron and posting pointless shit. If yiu just want to raise your post count, use this::postwhore:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you even talking about? Yes, Nick Young is a talented player. He's also a backup. I'd rather have most of the guys on that list too. The majority of the guys on your list are starters.

Stop being a moron and posting pointless shit. If yiu just want to raise your post count, use this::postwhore:

I am just saying there are 30 NBA teams and theres at least 38 shooting guards id rather have. - and its likely the lakers would have to attach an asset to him to get rid of his contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i am sorry- but if i am being objective- i have to say that Nick young has been one of the very worst players in the league this year.

I mean, look at the numbers. ITS REALLY HARD to average only 1.0 assists in 24 minutes a game- and hes paid to shoot and hes shooting under 37% from the field- not from 3- from the field.

There is no even decent argument to make that he has not been just totally awful and a candidate for the worst player that gets over 20 minutes a game in the league.

shooting under 37% - at least according to ESPN, makes him the worst shooter in the league- and thats supposed to be his bread and butter.

amazingly- he only gets to the line like 3 and h alf times a game- but hes near 90%....lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...some of the other worst of the worst in the league-baseline is at least 20 minutes a night and at least 35 games played

Dellevadova on the CAvs is atrocious- he barely makes it in at the 20 minutes a game mark- but does- he does nothing well on the court- except annoy the opposition and shoot 39% from 3- if he didnt do that hed been cut a long time ago
Mirza Teletovic is beyond horrible on the NEts- ITS REALLY HARD to be a power forward and shoot 38% from the field- i mean, that is just mind-boggling bad.
Jason Smith is atrocious on the Knicks- i have to give the guy credit- he draws a paycheck when he has no business doing so
Kyle Singler - formerly of the Pistons and now of the Thunder - though he is a decent defender-1.2 assists in 20+ minutes a night is unforgivable when you cant score either
Austin Rivers of course everyone knows should not be in the NBA- and while he does not get 20 minutes a game- you cant have a worst players in the league list without including him.
and of course Swaggy P - who plays no D, cant pass, cant board, and cant shoot this season to a tune- that he is virtually tied in FG% with Ricky Rubio with both just over 36%- many people think Rubio is the worst shooter in modern NBA history- but he does pass on an elite level and play great D

my pick for the worst is Teletovic of the Nets. For a PF to make only 38% of his shots is just flat out wrong. It should not be possible.

Anthony Bennett should thank God that Flip does not play him enough to qualify for this list.

if anyone has anyone to add- fire away

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and please....I dont know why you have to go to personal insults. I dont have any clue why you have this irrational love for a player that has so obviously been among the worst in the league this year. If you have any kind of argument as to the contrary- i would love to debate it with you.

As JayZ once said- "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't"

I have nothing personal against the guy. I REALLY hate Mario Chalmers- and i think hes horrible- but he has played better lately and does not deserve to beon the list of worst players in the league this year at this point.

Swaggy P undoubtedly does. He is having one of the worst seasons i have ever seen from a SG that gets decent minutes.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and please....I dont know why you have to go to personal insults. I dont have any clue why you have this irrational love for a player that has so obviously been among the worst in the league this year. If you have any kind of argument as to the contrary- i would love to debate it with you.

As JayZ once said- "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't"

I have nothing personal against the guy. I REALLY hate Mario Chalmers- and i think hes horrible- but he has played better lately and does not deserve to beon the list of worst players in the league this year at this point.

Swaggy P undoubtedly does. He is having one of the worst seasons i have ever seen from a SG that gets decent minutes.

Since when is saying a guy is a talented player equal to irrational love for him. You are constantly on here taking shit out of context just so you can post more pointless crap. Then you get called out for it and you double down on your stupidity.

You post some idiotic list with 40 players on it that you'd rather have, the majority of whom are starters, just so you can respond to something that was never said.

No one is calling Nick Young a great player. Pretty much everyone has basically said the same thing, he's talented, but doesn't take the game seriously and you act like people are saying he's some hall of famer. If you don't want to be called out for posting stupid crap.....don't post stupid crap. It's pretty simple. Sorry you're having trouble catching on.