• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe "home discount is crap"

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he talks about how home discount is crap and why should us players give them a break. hey kobe its not about giving the owners a break its about helping your team and city. thats why lakers suck because u dont give a crap about winning any more. players like u and melo will lose because you suck all the money u can. Time to shut up kobe. your sound pathetic.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't help himself it seems. Last week he was talking how jealous he was about the Spurs and how they kept the team together. It seems he does not see what is the obvious .

Just one confused person

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he talks about how home discount is crap and why should us players give them a break. hey kobe its not about giving the owners a break its about helping your team and city. thats why lakers suck because u dont give a crap about winning any more. players like u and melo will lose because you suck all the money u can. Time to shut up kobe. your sound pathetic.

He knows it's out there that he took too much money and as a result the Lakers are crippled from building a quality team that can win, so he's trying to spin it. Those spin doctors are something else, but at the end of the season when he is going home and the playoffs continue without him, all he has to do is look in the mirror.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is partly right though because the players should not be put into the position of having to give a discount to the owners just so the team can win a championship. That is the nature of the beast though and no one ever said business had to be fair and balanced. One could also argue that Kobe is not playing for less than he is worth. In fact he's playing for double that and one could argue that he is taking away the dollars from other players that are worth more so he can get paid double of what he is worth.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows it's out there that he took too much money and as a result the Lakers are crippled from building a quality team that can win, so he's trying to spin it. Those spin doctors are something else, but at the end of the season when he is going home and the playoffs continue without him, all he has to do is look in the mirror.
Kobe is only in it for the money.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe should put the welfare of the city before himself, that championship parade is very, very important to a lot of people and can affect their lives in a way nothing else can.

Please, Kobe! Stop being selfish, your city needs you!!

Okay that's enough sarcasm, you guys obviously have no sense for business.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Lakers fans try to defend him on this? I get that he's your guy, but you have to admit he's extremely selfish in this regard. This is why LA has no one else around him. How can you not see that? Duncan and Dirk both knew their careers were winding down so they took a cut for the team.

Kobe didn't. Look where Dallas and San Antonio are now and look where Los Angeles is. Plain and simple.

He's already made hundreds and hundreds of millions off endorsements and contracts in his career. Would taking 5-6 mil less a year REALLY hurt him? He has almost too much money right now.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im trying to figure out if you guys really believe this, or are just badly misinformed.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Lakers fans try to defend him on this? I get that he's your guy, but you have to admit he's extremely selfish in this regard. This is why LA has no one else around him. How can you not see that? Duncan and Dirk both knew their careers were winding down so they took a cut for the team.

Kobe didn't. Look where Dallas and San Antonio are now and look where Los Angeles is. Plain and simple.

He's already made hundreds and hundreds of millions off endorsements and contracts in his career. Would taking 5-6 mil less a year REALLY hurt him? He has almost too much money right now.

The Lakers make way more money. Shit, they've lost most of their games this year and are still selling out, combined with the TV deal and Kobe's marketability, why should Kobe ever take less? It shouldn't be too much of a problem to pay the luxury tax.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's directly quoted on this. On multiple sites with multiple source. His contact speaks for itself anyways.

That particular quote hes absolutely right about. Economically he speaks the truth. So what are we talking about?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm strictly talking about from a salary cap standpoint. I understand if he's frustrated with "taking less" but I mean cmon now... he has no right to complain about the lack of talent surrounding him if he doesn't sacrifice.

It may not be fair, but it's how the CBA works.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe should put the welfare of the city before himself, that championship parade is very, very important to a lot of people and can affect their lives in a way nothing else can.

Please, Kobe! Stop being selfish, your city needs you!!

Okay that's enough sarcasm, you guys obviously have no sense for business.

nope kobe doesnt.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm strictly talking about from a salary cap standpoint. I understand if he's frustrated with "taking less" but I mean cmon now... he has no right to complain about the lack of talent surrounding him if he doesn't sacrifice.

I personally would do the exact same thing as Kobe, and if you were in his shoes, I don't know how you wouldn't do the same. Kobe's worth 30 mil+ based on what he makes for the franchise... technically he's underpaid.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo!

When you are reduced to signing useless uniform fillers like Boozer because you can't afford anyone who actually has a heart, this is the result. Not saying Nick Young doesn't have a heart... but cmon. Dude is at best your eighth guy off the bench.

Can't play defense like they did tonight and expect 25 wins.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are almost worth what the Mavs and Spurs are worth combined.

Lakers: 1.1 billion
Mavs and Spurs 1.2 billion

Last edited by a moderator: