• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello... Again!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts about all that’s happened in my absence:

Before I begin and to anyone who wants to know, I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the summer at the U.S. southern border (Arizona/ New Mexico) giving aid to and some relief to those in need. It was a humbling, enlightening and challenging experience and one that I won't soon forget.

A bit of humor now requires me to make clear to one and all who were concerned about my well being, I promise, in the event of my demise, to create a thread titled "Oh shit... I'm gone!" in order to give you all the 411. It will also serve all who's destined to follow that there's going to be one fewer of the cooler spots available when it's your turn!:D:lol::pound:

Now about this team and its machinations:

1. Bruce Allen should be summarily dismissed. My position remains unchanged since 2012 when I first publicly announced it!

2. Trent Williams situation has been and continues to be an extremely poorly handled situation.

3. Montez Sweat is playing out of position.

4. With respect to #2 and 3 above, the move that should have been made to vastly improve this team now and in the future would have involved trading Williams for Jadeveon Clowney and whatever else Houston was willing to give. Parlaying that extra to Miami for Tunsil and finally trading Kerrigan for future considerations. I know that there's great love for Kerrigan here, and I readily admit that he'[s been one really good player for us, but if we're honest he's NOT going to be a part of the long term future success or failure of this team.

5. With this move the team would have been able to have two young defensive players, filled the Williams hole and set themselves up nicely for the next draft or a future one. (see #1 above)

6. Kevin O’Connel (some consideration of Mike Tomlin if he’s available will be given) will be the next head coach of this team. Eric Schaffer, replaces Bruce Allen, assumes full time GM duties and together revamps the entire coaching staff. There is finally some joy in Mudville!

7. In the proof is in the putting department.. Kir.. I mean, Case Keenum is on pace for 4,800 yards and 40 touchdowns. He is EXACTLY as I described him, Kirk Cousins part deux in this system.

8. The team will finish at 8-8 possibly 9-7, what else makes sense for this organization other than another middle of the pack draft selection?

9. There’s no conspiracy/ on field bias against this team! The refusal to do the right thing on and off of the field contributes to the very bad karma that envelopes this organization. In effect, they are doing it to themselves.

10. While I’m on the subject, isn’t it time to stop with the anti-media hypocrisy from some posters here? If you want a feel good story from time to time, rent or go see a chick flick. This team absolutely hasn’t earned that luxury but that aside, ask yourself, what stories are being reported that complaints here don’t match that doesn’t reflect sentiments expressed on our board? Even the most optimistic posters here would agree that in a 24 hour news cycle, embellishment and opinion are now typical fillers and aren’t always “news” stories. Save yourselves a lot of unnecessary strife and figure out what the differences are between “News” and news stories.”

11. Manusky hurts both our defense and offense with his man on man conservative style of play. Anyone notice that this team employs line stunts far less than any other team in the league? Holding penalties? …Absolutely expected, especially if you don’t practice against something that is rather normal in the league. Same thing with our DB’s who are constantly burned because of a “lack of communication. “

12. Until things drastically change, this team won’t play a “home” game again. On Sunday, Dallas after two straight home games are 2-0. Washington stands at 0-2 after playing their first two games in someone else’s house! This is where we are, ladies and gents…

13. Shame that the politics thread went dark, I understand why, so unless or until there a change from the top, we move on!

14. Considering our personnel, should this team consider going to a base 4-3 defensive front?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad you are back and well

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty!!! You old PIA. So you were smuggling errmmm helping folks at the wall. That truly must have been remarkable. I would have taken you to Taco Bell if I knew you wanted Mexican food. All kidding aside (hard not to throw some one liners at you) that is impressive. Google the song the Weight played by Robbie Robertson and Ringo and that is what this world should be more like.

Anyhow, I have missed you. Now we can get down to squabbling. So far, so good on Case Cousin's. Kerrigan and Mack each have one sack. That will change Monday when Mack has 35857576 sacks against Moses or Christian if Moses decides not to embarrass himself on Monday.

Where do you think Sweat should play. I am already disagreeing. I think he is a 3-4 OLB. Difference is he is only in his 2nd game and he can't win just because he is tall and fast. He'll get better.

Welcome back Mr. Kotter!!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. Kevin O’Connel (some consideration of Mike Tomlin if he’s available will be given) will be the next head coach of this team. Eric Schaffer, replaces Bruce Allen, assumes full time GM duties and together revamps the entire coaching staff. There is finally some joy in Mudville!

I am all in for this move. I don't see it happening but if they could pull these moves off and hog tie Danny for 10-15 years I could die a happy man. :yes::D

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Tomlin, but what makes you guys think we could actually get a Tomlin or Nick Saban? We have position coaches leaving for lateral positions. If Gruden gets run, I think its between O'Connell, Gregg Williams or Bowles.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts about all that’s happened in my absence:

Before I begin and to anyone who wants to know, I was fortunate enough to be able to spend the summer at the U.S. southern border (Arizona/ New Mexico) giving aid to and some relief to those in need. It was a humbling, enlightening and challenging experience and one that I won't soon forget.

A bit of humor now requires me to make clear to one and all who were concerned about my well being, I promise, in the event of my demise, to create a thread titled "Oh shit... I'm gone!" in order to give you all the 411. It will also serve all who's destined to follow that there's going to be one fewer of the cooler spots available when it's your turn!:D:lol::pound:

Now about this team and its machinations:

1. Bruce Allen should be summarily dismissed. My position remains unchanged since 2012 when I first publicly announced it!

2. Trent Williams situation has been and continues to be an extremely poorly handled situation.

3. Montez Sweat is playing out of position.

4. With respect to #2 and 3 above, the move that should have been made to vastly improve this team now and in the future would have involved trading Williams for Jadeveon Clowney and whatever else Houston was willing to give. Parlaying that extra to Miami for Tunsil and finally trading Kerrigan for future considerations. I know that there's great love for Kerrigan here, and I readily admit that he'[s been one really good player for us, but if we're honest he's NOT going to be a part of the long term future success or failure of this team.

5. With this move the team would have been able to have two young defensive players, filled the Williams hole and set themselves up nicely for the next draft or a future one. (see #1 above)

7. In the proof is in the putting department.. Kir.. I mean, Case Keenum is on pace for 4,800 yards and 40 touchdowns. He is EXACTLY as I described him, Kirk Cousins part deux in this system.

8. The team will finish at 8-8 possibly 9-7, what else makes sense for this organization other than another middle of the pack draft selection?

9. There’s no conspiracy/ on field bias against this team! The refusal to do the right thing on and off of the field contributes to the very bad karma that envelopes this organization. In effect, they are doing it to themselves.

10. While I’m on the subject, isn’t it time to stop with the anti-media hypocrisy from some posters here? If you want a feel good story from time to time, rent or go see a chick flick. This team absolutely hasn’t earned that luxury but that aside, ask yourself, what stories are being reported that complaints here don’t match that doesn’t reflect sentiments expressed on our board? Even the most optimistic posters here would agree that in a 24 hour news cycle, embellishment and opinion are now typical fillers and aren’t always “news” stories. Save yourselves a lot of unnecessary strife and figure out what the differences are between “News” and news stories.”

11. Manusky hurts both our defense and offense with his man on man conservative style of play. Anyone notice that this team employs line stunts far less than any other team in the league? Holding penalties? …Absolutely expected, especially if you don’t practice against something that is rather normal in the league. Same thing with our DB’s who are constantly burned because of a “lack of communication. “

12. Until things drastically change, this team won’t play a “home” game again. On Sunday, Dallas after two straight home games are 2-0. Washington stands at 0-2 after playing their first two games in someone else’s house! This is where we are, ladies and gents…

13. Shame that the politics thread went dark, I understand why, so unless or until there a change from the top, we move on!

14. Considering our personnel, should this team consider going to a base 4-3 defensive front?

WELCOME BACK MY FRIEND!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love Tomlin, but what makes you guys think we could actually get a Tomlin or Nick Saban? We have position coaches leaving for lateral positions. If Gruden gets run, I think its between O'Connell, Gregg Williams or Bowles.

Sty's idea ... see my statement "I don't see it happening" … as I told Sty I would be on in if it could.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty!!! You old PIA. So you were smuggling errmmm helping folks at the wall. That truly must have been remarkable. I would have taken you to Taco Bell if I knew you wanted Mexican food. All kidding aside (hard not to throw some one liners at you) that is impressive. Google the song the Weight played by Robbie Robertson and Ringo and that is what this world should be more like.

Anyhow, I have missed you. Now we can get down to squabbling. So far, so good on Case Cousin's. Kerrigan and Mack each have one sack. That will change Monday when Mack has 35857576 sacks against Moses or Christian if Moses decides not to embarrass himself on Monday.

Where do you think Sweat should play. I am already disagreeing. I think he is a 3-4 OLB. Difference is he is only in his 2nd game and he can't win just because he is tall and fast. He'll get better.

Ok, so let's get to it... no disagreement on Sweat being an 3-4 OLB, however take a look at where he's primarily played in school. This team could have and should have traded TW for Clowney, moved Sweat to Kerrigan's position after trading Kerrigan for what would turn out to be what he will never be... part of the future of thiscfranchise.

It was a missed opportunity to improve the team and BTW, use whatever other capital gained in the TW trade to get the LT from Miami. The Kerrigan trade would have been gravy, so here's how it would have looked.

1. Trade TW for Clowney and picks
2. Trade Kerrigan for picks
3. Trade the additional picks from the TW trade and perhaps our second / third to Miami for Tunsil
We end up with three young players all playing at their natural positions. Plus whatever we've gained in the Kerrigan deal.
I know that people love both Kerrigan and Williams, but if they are honest, the future isn't now and neither of them appear to be factors in that future..

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, Kerrigan will get his customary, meaningless, non impactful numbers. He is nothing like Mack who has to be accounted for on every play. The ONLY reason people were excited about Sweat was because of his potential to be a high impact player like Mack, but in D.C. speak that means taking a guy who has made his mark at one position and moving him to less familiar territory, while expecting the same results.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportster 72IQuote13808795 said:
6. Kevin O’Connel (some consideration of Mike Tomlin if he’uote13808795will be given) will be the next head coach of this team. Eric Schaffer, replaces Bruce Allen, assumes full time GM duties and together revamps the entire coaching staff. There is finally some joy in Mudville!

I am all in for this move. I don't see it happening but if they could pull these moves off and hog tie Danny for 10-15 years I could die a happy man. :yes::D

The one thing that I've learned with respect to this team is, wishful thinking only hurts when you believe it's possible, and fun as you watch others twist themselves into knots as reality set in.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to one and all on your "welcome back" greetings.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Kerrigan will get his customary, meaningless, non impactful numbers. He is nothing like Mack who has to be accounted for on every play. The ONLY reason people were excited about Sweat was because of his potential to be a high impact player like Mack, but in D.C. speak that means taking a guy who has made his mark at one position and moving him to less familiar territory, while expecting the same results.

Kerrigan … 2nd in sacks in the NFL to Von Miller over the last 5 years. Thanks or playing old friend.

While you were gone Kerrigan was given many props around the league or how good he is.

Collect your consolation prize on the way out. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerrigan … 2nd in sacks in the NFL to Von Miller over the last 5 years. Thanks or playing old friend.

While you were gone Kerrigan was given many props around the league or how good he is.

Collect your consolation prize on the way out. :D

So what? It's a numbers award at best and says NOTHING about the impact that most players are noted for. nobody, and I mean NOBODY, game plans with how dangerous Kerrigan is in mind. I get it you're a numbers guy, to hell with what your eyes tell you or what his team needs him to do game in or game out right?

I believe that it was someone here (@Sportster) that you might want to debate this with who said in another thread... "Kerrigan and Mack each have one sack. That will change Monday when Mack has 35857576 sacks against Moses or Christian if Moses decides not to embarrass himself on Monday."

Therein lies the differences between you and I. You see this situation as one in which the offensive lineman embarrasses himself, where I see it as one in which he gets embarrassed. It also points out the major differences between a great player (Mack) and a pretty good one (Kerrigan).

Simply put Mack is the type of player that can and often either causes the defender to either embarrass himself or be embarrassed by his play. Kerrigan, doesn't pose that sort of threat to the opposition, in fact, it's he who is more often than not embarrassed by him own play. Don't be disheartened though, I hear that you get a participation trophy for playing this game.:D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. that's a given sportster...I take the victories where i can get them.

Tried to sell keeping smith , no one was having it

So what? It's a numbers award at best and says NOTHING about the impact that most players are noted for. nobody, and I mean NOBODY, game plans with how dangerous Kerrigan is in mind. I get it you're a numbers guy, to hell with what your eyes tell you or what his team needs him to do game in or game out right?

I believe that it was someone here (@Sportster) that you might want to debate this with who said in another thread... "Kerrigan and Mack each have one sack. That will change Monday when Mack has 35857576 sacks against Moses or Christian if Moses decides not to embarrass himself on Monday."

Therein lies the differences between you and I. You see this situation as one in which the offensive lineman embarrasses himself, where I see it as one in which he gets embarrassed. It also points out the major differences between a great player (Mack) and a pretty good one (Kerrigan).

Simply put Mack is the type of player that can and often either causes the defender to either embarrass himself or be embarrassed by his play. Kerrigan, doesn't pose that sort of threat to the opposition, in fact, it's he who is more often than not embarrassed by him own play. Don't be disheartened though, I hear that you get a participation trophy for playing this game.:D

You are entitled to your opinion, which is wrong Equal … yes; better - haven't seen it yet. :D

Sorry, didn't read the entire thing. I know your position and am not going to change mine. :suds:

So far this year: Kerrigan - 1 sack; Mack - 1 sack; Von Miller - 0 sacks.
Preston Smith is killing it in three games and some here are putting him in the HOF while saying Kerrigan is old. Lets let the season play out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are entitled to your opinion, which is wrong Equal … yes; better - haven't seen it yet. :D

Sorry, didn't read the entire thing. I know your position and am not going to change mine. :suds:

So far this year: Kerrigan - 1 sack; Mack - 1 sack; Von Miller - 0 sacks.
Preston Smith is killing it in three games and some here are putting him in the HOF while saying Kerrigan is old. Lets let the season play out.

i wont put smith in the HOF , however that kid was very high in pressures throughout his career here . that wasnt taken into consideration and we are getting nothing from his replacements so far . the only guy with a sack is RK

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wont put smith in the HOF , however that kid was very high in pressures throughout his career here . that wasnt taken into consideration and we are getting nothing from his replacements so far . the only guy with a sack is RK

Could make someone wonder about the coaching here.