• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SHIT out of Seattle

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long are fans going to put up with this mediocre hot mess?

The Mariners announced even before MLB Spring Training that the team this year was not going to be competitive, but a rebuilding. Management wants fans to come out and see the prospects develop, and wants us to look forward to next year.

Rebuilding from exactly what the fuck?

Its been about 20 years since they made the playoffs and then just to get bounced out like a $20 whore.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Why are Seattle baseball fans tolerating this bullshit?

Why support a team and management that is not focused on winning, but being development team for the rest of the league.

Screw the Mariners. I'm staying home, and not giving Mariners management a participation trophy.

They need to sell the team to someone who wants to play serious baseball and win, not just suck the fans by cheaping out on players and pocketing the money they don't spend for real talent.

Fuck them. Fans should stay home.

Mariners won't give us a real team, we should not support them with real dollars.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why own a pro team if you don't want to win?

Its the product you put on the field that gets the fans and generates $$.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is going to change unless fans put financial pressure on Mariners Management.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Mariners announced even before MLB Spring Training that the team this year was not going to be competitive, but a rebuilding. Management wants fans to come out and see the prospects develop, and wants us to look forward to next year.

Its been about 20 years since they made the playoffs and then just to get bounced out like a $20 whore.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Why are Seattle baseball fans tolerating this bullshit?

Why support a team and management that is not focused on winning, but being development team for the rest of the league.

Screw the Mariners. I'm staying home, and not giving Mariners management a participation trophy.

They need to sell the team to someone who wants to play serious baseball and win, not just suck the fans by cheaping out on players and pocketing the money they don't spend for real talent.

Mariners won't give us a real team, we should not support them with real dollars.

We've known this was a full rebuild since before the start of last season. It's actually refreshing that they aren't just stocking the team with bandaids that'll inflate the wins and keep the team from actually getting better. I like that they finally blew the whole thing up and are going all in with this plan.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've known this was a full rebuild since before the start of last season. It's actually refreshing that they aren't just stocking the team with bandaids that'll inflate the wins and keep the team from actually getting better. I like that they finally blew the whole thing up and are going all in with this plan.
I tend to agree, in the first few seasons with Dipoto I think they believed they were close. After realizing they are further off I am glad they decided to change course and fully rebuild. In the past they would have kept the team in no-mans land with "band aids".

I understand the frustration with the Mariners, time and time, year after year, they have proven they don't have a problem being mediocre. As a business they do a pretty good job lol but as a SPORTS franchise they suck a bag of dongs.

I am hoping they are heading in the right direction finally and don't rush the process. From my perspective it looks like they are. I am excited for this season because I am a Mariners fan and baseball fan, but I am also realistic and realize the 2020 team is probably not going to be good.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 2000-2016 there were 26 teams who had an average age of 27.0 or younger. 6 of those teams were in the World Series 3 years or earlier (19 had winning records within the same time frame). 13 of them appeared in the World Series within a decade, 3 of them didn't even have the full decade to do it.

Unless Seattle screws it up (which we all know they can do), this tactic should put them in the best shape to make a positive step forward that they've had since Lou left.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling them at the moment won’t do anything and would harm the franchise more than anything. Someone who would want to “win” would come in and fire everyone on the spot and still be left with the same rebuild. Seattle isn’t a destination place for FA at the moment, so even if Jeff Bezo’s buys the team it would take a decade for numerous players wanting to come to Seattle at least somewhere close to market value.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when people get on their soap box and start preaching …..

Hey Dole nice job of spell checking your speech.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its actually refreshing to have a farm system that is top 10 in the league. The mariners need a face to the franchise the only 2 players that had that the last 15 years were both Ichiro and Felix. I would like to see a young guy putting up great numbers and representing us in the all star game and Daniel vogelbach is not that guy

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the Corona virus....it looks like you'll get your wish- it sounds like there won't be anyone in the stands for quite a while- but the Feds (taxpayers) will probably bail em' out.