• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe confirms he is not at Jordans level with a tweet.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go.... While most consider Jordan and Ali the greatest in their sports there are people who disagree even if its a small %. Nobody disagrees about Gretzky. He may actually be the ONLY player in a big 4 sport that can say that.

Anybody that would argue that Jordan isn't the greatest BB player who ever lived needs to have his head examined.

There are those who might argue against Ali though.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody that would argue that Jordan isn't the greatest BB player who ever lived needs to have his head examined.

:lol:

there is a million different ways you can define your GOAT and not come up with MJ

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey numby, that's not 11 mvps... That's 5 mvps and 6 finals mvps... And turn down your keyboard crackhead...:sadbron:

WLK3 -The-CRACKHEAD--ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT S STILL A TOTAL OF 11 MVPS---KOE RYANT ONLY HAS 2 MVP'S
KOE RYANT CANT COME CLOSE---HE IS OLD AND WASHED UP.
WHAT'S THE MATTER WCKHEAD --CANT FACE THE FACTS THAT-- MICHAEL JORDAN IS BETTER THAN KOBE BRYANT...

DONT BE A CHEAPSKATE --BUY THE BOOK---IT'S BASED ON FACTS NOT FICTION.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK3 -The-CRACKHEAD--ANYWAY YOU LOOK AT IT S STILL A TOTAL OF 11 MVPS---KOE RYANT ONLY HAS 2 MVP'S
KOE RYANT CANT COME CLOSE---HE IS OLD AND WASHED UP.
WHAT'S THE MATTER WCKHEAD --CANT FACE THE FACTS THAT-- MICHAEL JORDAN IS BETTER THAN KOBE BRYANT...

DONT BE A CHEAPSKATE --BUY THE BOOK---IT'S BASED ON FACTS NOT FICTION.

Show me where I posted Kobe was better than MJ... Until then shut up and fix your caps lock button...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mont...

We have gone back and forth a few times, and in those discussions you were always high on accountability... Kobe has always been accountable for his contributions... Shaq was blessed, yes I believe he went to practice but as has been stated he gave minimal effort... Why is it you feel Kobe had to figure out a way to befriend a guy who he probably no longer respected to get him to listen... As you love to say Kobe was second fiddle, why should he have to make the first fiddle respect the game... And what proof do you have MJ wouldn't have been just as disgusted...? MJ beat up teammates, physically... Horace Grant left because of MJ... On the flip Kobe was Shannon Browns best man... Pau loves and respects him... Same with Fish and B Shaw... Ariza loved him... You're talking about 2 shoot first PGs and a ball dominant C that says Kobe shot too much... I get you hate Kobe but come on...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are those who might argue against Ali though.

Id have to disagree here Geneh, MJ was great and maybe the greatest ever but statistically you can make the argument he isnt. Now you can argue about intangibles, will to win, clutch shot making etc etc but he IS NOT inarguably the GOAT ( although he may be according to OUR generation). MJ gets more pub because he was the first true superstar to start and finish his career during the era of HUGE NBA popularity. If it werent for Magic/Bird/Dr J etc raising the popularity level of the NBA then MJ would just be another guy that your Dad told you was the greatest but you never saw play. He'd be Oscar Roberston without the assists and rebounds.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mont...

We have gone back and forth a few times, and in those discussions you were always high on accountability... Kobe has always been accountable for his contributions... Shaq was blessed, yes I believe he went to practice but as has been stated he gave minimal effort... Why is it you feel Kobe had to figure out a way to befriend a guy who he probably no longer respected to get him to listen... As you love to say Kobe was second fiddle, why should he have to make the first fiddle respect the game... And what proof do you have MJ wouldn't have been just as disgusted...? MJ beat up teammates, physically... Horace Grant left because of MJ... On the flip Kobe was Shannon Browns best man... Pau loves and respects him... Same with Fish and B Shaw... Ariza loved him... You're talking about 2 shoot first PGs and a ball dominant C that says Kobe shot too much... I get you hate Kobe but come on...
Its not that I feel Kobe should have done anything with Shaq. Someone else brought up that situation as an excuse. I just pointed out that Phil thought MJ was a far superior leader. I agree with Phil. Kobe has developed into a better leader than he was but thats not saying much when you look at the drama that surrounds the Lakers. You don't hear other teams routinely blasting each other in the media often. Thats a sign of weak leadership. What do you think is responsible for that kind of infighting almost every year?

I'm pretty sure MJ would have been disgusted with Shaq. I dont understand how that is relevant to the conversation. IMO he would have worked with Shaq and gotten him to be better. No proof needed in that case. I see what he did with Pippen and how the Bulls ran like a well oiled machine. MJ was a great teammate or at least they had enough respect and loyalty to give him 100% when on the court. My Question is why would you doubt Phil Jacksons observations of who was a better leader? As I pointed out Kobe and Jordan were in different situations and Kobe was just not as polished or developed a person when he entered the NBA. He has an aloof personality and a recluse to boot. Why would you expect him to be a good leader?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe responded with this:

The comparisons are #apples2oranges Wonder what the perception would be if M played wit @shaq instead #differentroles #differentcareerpaths

Now how in the hell the Kobe hating assholes thinks he is being defensive is beyond me. I agree that Kobe is not Michael Jordan's level and appearantly the KHA that started this thread acknowledges that Kobe said that - but Kobe does have a point. When Michael Jordan played, he had Pippen, Horry and some a solid group that was with him for the entire six years. Kobe on the other hand had Shaq for three years, then had nothing and Gasol and Kobe has had to go through a lot of coaches before and after Phil Jackson. It really is trying to compare apples and oranges.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now how in the hell the Kobe hating assholes thinks he is being defensive is beyond me.

Its pretty simple TLF. What was the rush to post on twitter for when the book hasn't even come out yet? I don't know how you call it anything else but being defensive. I would have at least waited to read the book before getting on twitter about it if I addressed it at all. Kobe had no need to be insecure. He is regarded as one of the all time greats.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you risking donuts or dollars? and that probably is true, but I never think LBJ will be GOAT, I do think he will surpass MJ.

How could Lebron surpass MJ when Jordan is 6-0 in finals, with 6 mvps...That's perfection, Asswipe.

Let's break it down further: In the finals games, MJ is 24-11....Lebron is 6-9...

MJ averaged 42 points against PHx in the finals. Lebron averaged 17 against Dallas.

Do you want me to continue, moron?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

I can't believe it but for once I agree with an Sman post! He must be taking his meds again! No mention of steroids or any other asinine comments.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty simple TLF. What was the rush to post on twitter for when the book hasn't even come out yet? I don't know how you call it anything else but being defensive. I would have at least waited to read the book before getting on twitter about it if I addressed it at all. Kobe had no need to be insecure. He is regarded as one of the all time greats.

I don't see as if he rushed at all - Phil Jackson has already been on the tonight show with his book, it has been released to my knowledge and what Phil said about Michael vs Kobe is virtually public knowledge everywhere for those who haven't read the book and are obviously wanting to know what Kobe's thoughts are. That's the reason he has millons of people following him on the twitter thing

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2:

I can't believe it but for once I agree with an Sman post! He must be taking his meds again! No mention of steroids or any other asinine comments.

I wouldn't know - I have him blocked so I won't have to cuss him out:laugh3:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could Lebron surpass MJ when Jordan is 6-0 in finals, with 6 mvps...That's perfection, Asswipe.

I guess getting to the finals and losing is worse than losing before that.

Let's break it down further: In the finals games, MJ is 24-11....Lebron is 6-9...

MJ averaged 42 points against PHx in the finals. Lebron averaged 17 against Dallas.

Do you want me to continue, moron?

Can you? Your routine is already starting to repeat itself, you have any material left?

I wouldn't know - I have him blocked so I won't have to cuss him out:laugh3:

:10:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys who are arguing against Michael Jordan are just refusing to face reality. I don't even like MJ all that much and I hate the Bulls but MJ is the GOAT of pro BB and if you really don't think that you are still very much just a student of the game - or are so hard headed you just refuse to face reality.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gee, imagine that.
An anti-Kobe thread by a Heat fan.
Cue the anti-LeBron thread by a Laker fan in 3...2...1....

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe with Pippen wins zero rings. Pippen was a product of Jordan. Kobe has NEVER made the teammates around him better. That's just facts. AND its what keeps him from being a top ten all-timer. MJ is arguably GOAT. He is definitely goat at his position. Kobe has No (0) Zero argument for GOAT. PLUS, stick a fork in him - its curtains. Word.