• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe confirms he is not at Jordans level with a tweet.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently some excerpts were released from Phil Jacksons new book that pretty much shows which player Phil like better between MJ and Kobe. The excerpts were about leadership, approach to the game, and personality. You can tell Phil has more respect for MJ by his comments.

Phil Jackson picks MJ over Kobe in new book | GantDaily.com

Instead of letting the book come out to see what good has been possibly written about him Kobe jumps on the defensive and gets on twitter to downplay the comments.

Kobe responds to Phil Jackson comparing him to Michael Jordan - CBSSports.com

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Kobe being Kobe.

And BTW Kobe if roles were reversed and MJ played with Shaq while you played with scottie, MJ would still have 6 rings if not more and you would not have 5 rings....Probably more like 3 at most

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan would have 9+ instead of 6 titles? Because he would have started winning them at a completely earlier age with a more experienced GM. Also as arrogant as Jordan was I do not think he would have said him or me if they were winning titles.

Jordan might have found it more difficult to stay out of trouble being in LA over Chicago, but I do not think that is what Kobe's tweet was about :D

edit: Totally forgot Kobe's ring count...YES TO MUCH LESS THAN 5!!! 3 is probably too many.

2nd edit: I could maybe understand why Laker fans are not that much of a fan of the Heat fans in this forum. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call it getting on the defensive if you want, but what he said is TRUE.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can call it getting on the defensive if you want, but what he said is TRUE.
Are you talking about the apples to oranges comment? If so I have to disagree. The comments were about leadership, personality, and approach to the game between 2 players that played the same position in the same system. You cant get much more like for like than that. Kobe speaking about the Shaq thing is only his opinion not some indisputable fact.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY THE TRUTH CAME OUT IN PHIL JACKSON'S NEW BOOK--WHO IS BETTER MICHAEL JORDAN or KOBE BRYANT.
PHIL JACKSON PICKED KOBE BRYANT BECAUSE KOBE BRYANT LACKED LEADER SHIP AND HAD VERY LITTLE STRENGHT--MICHAEL JORDAN-WAS STRONGER AND PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE--KOBE BRYANT HAS A WAYS TO GO---MICHAEL JORDAN HAS MORE NBA TITLES, 11 MVPS and 11 SCORING TITLES---ENUFF SAID--I REST MY CASE--WORDS and the TRUTH--MICHAEL JORDAN IS THE BEST.NBA PLAYER.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even looking at the book and tweets... It's funny how you guys jump on how Kobe would be less and Jordan would have been better... Jordan had a dominant wing perhaps the second best wing behind Jordan in the NBA... And then role players to fit their strengths... Shaq did not leave the paint... Jordan was a post up and/or drive guy... Shaq needed the ball, Pip was able to play off the ball like Wade... Jordan was able to play free prior to getting Phil and Pip, Kobe had to learn to play with Shaq from jump and in the triangle right after... I'm not saying Kobe is better than Jordan but you guys throw him off the cliff every chance you get... If he were to play on that 76ers team built for AI I think he does some amazing things, including scoring over 100... But we'll never know... What we do know is he's a top 10 player in NBA history and climbing...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY THE TRUTH CAME OUT IN PHIL JACKSON'S NEW BOOK--WHO IS BETTER MICHAEL JORDAN or KOBE BRYANT.
PHIL JACKSON PICKED KOBE BRYANT BECAUSE KOBE BRYANT LACKED LEADER SHIP AND HAD VERY LITTLE STRENGHT--MICHAEL JORDAN-WAS STRONGER AND PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE--KOBE BRYANT HAS A WAYS TO GO---MICHAEL JORDAN HAS MORE NBA TITLES, 11 MVPS and 11 SCORING TITLES---ENUFF SAID--I REST MY CASE--WORDS and the TRUTH--MICHAEL JORDAN IS THE BEST.NBA PLAYER.

Little strenght...? 11 mvps...? :hdn::sadbron:

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MICHAEL JORDAN IS BETTER THAN KOBE BRYANT--OUCH

PHIL JACKSON PICKED MICHAEL JORDAN BECAUSE KOBE BRYANT LACKED LEADER SHIP AND HAD VERY LITTLE STRENGTH--MICHAEL JORDAN-WAS STRONGER AND PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE--KOBE BRYANT HAS A WAYS TO GO---MICHAEL JORDAN HAS MORE NBA TITLES, 11 MVPS and 11 SCORING TITLES---ENUFF SAID--I REST MY CASE--WORDS and the TRUTH--MICHAEL JORDAN IS THE BEST.NBA PLAYER.[/QUOTE]

MICHAEL JORDAN IS BY FAR THE BETTER NA PLAYER BY FAR--THERE SHOULD BE NO DEBATE ON THAT---COACH PHL JACKSON SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PHIL JACKSON PICKED MCHAEL JORDAN- BECAUSE KOBE BRYANT LACKED LEADER SHIP AND HAD VERY LITTLE STRENGHT--MICHAEL JORDAN-WAS STRONGER AND PLAYED BETTER DEFENSE--KOBE BRYANT HAS A WAYS TO GO---MICHAEL JORDAN HAS MORE NBA TITLES, 11 MVPS and 11 SCORING TITLES---ENUFF SAID-- and I REST MY CASE--WORDS and the TRUTH-- MICHAEL JORDAN IS THE BEST.NBA PLAYER Ever.

KOBE BRYANT---IS OLD AND HAS SSPECT LEGS---LACKS DEFENSIVE
SKILLS AND TURNS THE BALL OVER TOO MANY TIMES.DURING REGULAR SEASON GAMES.ENFF SAID.ON THE LAKER STARTING LINE UP,HE HAS MORE TURN OVERS THAN ANY OTHER TEAM MATE.
KOE BRYANT SKILLS WI]L START TO DIMINISH and WILL CONTINUE TO GET WORSE-NEXT SEASON.HE WLL TRY TO MAKE A COMEBACK..BUT,IT WLL BE SHORT LIVED.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even looking at the book and tweets... It's funny how you guys jump on how Kobe would be less and Jordan would have been better... Jordan had a dominant wing perhaps the second best wing behind Jordan in the NBA... And then role players to fit their strengths... Shaq did not leave the paint... Jordan was a post up and/or drive guy... Shaq needed the ball, Pip was able to play off the ball like Wade... Jordan was able to play free prior to getting Phil and Pip, Kobe had to learn to play with Shaq from jump and in the triangle right after... I'm not saying Kobe is better than Jordan but you guys throw him off the cliff every chance you get... If he were to play on that 76ers team built for AI I think he does some amazing things, including scoring over 100... But we'll never know... What we do know is he's a top 10 player in NBA history and climbing...
WLK3--MICHAEL JORDAN HAS A TOTAL OF 11 MVP'S -5 REGULAR SEASON MVP'S PLS 6 MVP FINALS--REMEMBER HE WON 6 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS SO 6 + 5 = 11MVP'S,MICHAEL JORDAN ALSO WON 11 SCORING TITLES.BRYANT WON THE MVP FINALS ONLY-TWICE and the SCORING TITLE TWICE.-IN THE BOOK JACKSON STATED--KOBE HAS A WAYS TO GO.
BUY THE BOOK -WIK3--THE BOOK TELLS IT ALL.-
WK 3 KOE RYANT CANT COME CLOSE,HE DOESN'T HAVE THE RECORDS.
THAT'S WHY HE IS COMING [BACK TO PLAY HE NEEDS 2 MORE NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS TO BREAK JORDAN'S 6 NBA TITLES.KOBE HAS 5 NBA TITLES.WORDS and theTRUTH.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn the caps lock button off dumbass.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion.

Kobe is not in MJ's league and never was. I will say he's the best we've seen since Jordan, however. But hes nowhere close to Jordan.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does all that have to do with leadership, approach to the game, and personality? Those things are with you as an individual and not dependent on your teammates. I am not throwing Kobe off the cliff. Kobe is doing that himself by responding to the quotes in the book without waiting to see if there is possibly something good about him or the quotes are out of context.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion.

Kobe is not in MJ's league and never was. I will say he's the best we've seen since Jordan, however. But hes nowhere close to Jordan.
I would agree with that with a slight modification. He is the most similar in terms of playing style than any of the other would be Jordan clones. The best player is more of an opinion. I think the best player would be Duncan.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does all that have to do with leadership, approach to the game, and personality? Those things are with you as an individual and not dependent on your teammates. I am not throwing Kobe off the cliff. Kobe is doing that himself by responding to the quotes in the book without waiting to see if there is possibly something good about him or the quotes are out of context.

All that makes a player... He hasn't been given very many opportunities to play care free and to his strengths... He's been expected to win rings or bust... MJ was expected to play his game until late in his career so he got all the bullshit out... I agree Jordan is the best but his situation played out well... And as for him getting 9 rings and Kobe getting less than 2, I disagree... Those Bulls teams were set up for Kobe to succeed as well... My other point was how do you know MJ would have been able to adjust to being asked to play off the ball...? You're assuming a lot when MJ has never been the second option, while Kobe has been other world doing either... You remember what it looked like in Miami when Lebron and Wade weren't sure who would be second option... Just imagine if right out of college MJ had to play off the ball to a guy who didn't take off season and regular season serious... I know you don't want to cut Kobe slack but at least be serious...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WLK3--MICHAEL JORDAN HAS A TOTAL OF 11 MVP'S -5 REGULAR SEASON MVP'S PLS 6 MVP FINALS--REMEMBER HE WON 6 NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS SO 6 + 5 = 11MVP'S,MICHAEL JORDAN ALSO WON 11 SCORING TITLES.BRYANT WON THE MVP FINALS ONLY-TWICE and the SCORING TITLE TWICE.-IN THE BOOK JACKSON STATED--KOBE HAS A WAYS TO GO.
BUY THE BOOK -WIK3--THE BOOK TELLS IT ALL.-
WK 3 KOE RYANT CANT COME CLOSE,HE DOESN'T HAVE THE RECORDS.
THAT'S WHY HE IS COMING [BACK TO PLAY HE NEEDS 2 MORE NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS TO BREAK JORDAN'S 6 NBA TITLES.KOBE HAS 5 NBA TITLES.WORDS and theTRUTH.

Hey numby, that's not 11 mvps... That's 5 mvps and 6 finals mvps... And turn down your keyboard crackhead...:sadbron:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, yer right, Will Perdue was way better than Shaq.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure MJ would've struggled with an unstoppable force inside...lmao

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure MJ would've struggled with an unstoppable force inside...lmao

Hey smart guy, Jordan played post and drove, Purdue, Whenington, Cartwright, Longely, Scott, Grant all played outside the key which gave MJ more room to work with... He was the unstoppable post player...