• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe confirms he is not at Jordans level with a tweet.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey numby, that's not 11 mvps... That's 5 mvps and 6 finals mvps... And turn down your keyboard crackhead...:sadbron:

Weaklink, if you ever f'ing sass TRIPLE 777 again, you'll have to deal with the wrath of C-Rock. Got that, douche? F'ing Kobe Bryant has NO business being discussed in the same breath as Michael Jeffrey Jordan. Get that through your bruised skulls already. The fact of the matter is this:

C) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell
PF) Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett
SF) Larry Bird, Lebron James
SG) Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant
PG) Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson

THAT's the pecking order by position.

If the Shooting Guard position wasn't historically so weak, Kobe wouldn't even be in THAT discussion. He is lucky to have ridden in Shaq and PJ's taxicab for his whole career. Truth.

I wanna let all you little brainiacs know to Train, say your prayers and eat your vitamins. And WHAT YA GONNA DO, when the greatest franchise in professional sports history and CELTIC-MANIA runs wild on youuuuuuu?!?!?

Word.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell
PF) Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett
SF) Larry Bird, Lebron James
SG) Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant
PG) Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson

THAT's the pecking order by position.

Hard to argue with that list!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how much Bird would score in todays league? I guess on the flip side I wonder how much he would give up on the other end.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine how much Bird would score in todays league? I guess on the flip side I wonder how much he would give up on the other end.

Bird wouldn't be able to score much in today's game....

mainly because all the pussy floppers in the game today would have him fouled out by the second quarter.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird wouldn't be able to score much in today's game....

mainly because all the pussy floppers in the game today would have him fouled out by the second quarter.
Bird played against some pretty hands on defenses back in the day. I'm sure he would ring the register frequently and often against the "no touchy" rules used today.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you guys seemed confused. Kobe was not a leader so it did not matter what he thought Shaq should or should not do. He didn't have the influence necessary to convince Shaq to see it his way. He was the second option and not in a position to command anything of Shaq. Its a glaring example of his lack of a likeable personality and leadership skills.

I dont know what type of leader Kobe is so I will not debate that. I can debate what leaders do. I dont know where you come from but where I come from, Leaders lead by example. If you are working your tail off and showing commitment to winning, your teammates should follow suit regardless if they like you or not. Players were also quoted saying, Jordan was a jerk, but they fed off his drive and determination.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what type of leader Kobe is so I will not debate that. I can debate what leaders do. I dont know where you come from but where I come from, Leaders lead by example. If you are working your tail off and showing commitment to winning, your teammates should follow suit regardless if they like you or not. Players were also quoted saying, Jordan was a jerk, but they fed off his drive and determination.
Thats a frequently quoted misconception. Yes leaders lead by example but there is way more to it. You cant be effective if all you do is set an example. You have to give your teammates/followers the inspiration to do their best. They have to like you or really respect you for you to have influence. If you are a dick head they will do the opposite of what you want just to spite your ass.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird played against some pretty hands on defenses back in the day. I'm sure he would ring the register frequently and often against the "no touchy" rules used today.

Oh sure he would. I am just saying, he would not be in the game long because he was not about to be flopped on. He'd hammer their asses and make them earn that flop....

and then he'd get kicked out for too many "flagrant fouls".

Those 1980s Celtics teams did not play that flopping shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bird could have scored pretty much however many points he wanted to. I heard a quote from him where he said he could have scored 40+ anytime he wanted to, but he figured the point was to win the game!!

I believe the same about Magic!! This is an area where I feel Lebron doesn't really get the credit that he deserves and why I believe that his game mirrors Magic much moreso than MJ.

If Lebron wanted to, he could probably average close to 40 points per game. However, the Heat would be unlikely to win any more titles. Gotta give him credit for that!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure he would. I am just saying, he would not be in the game long because he was not about to be flopped on. He'd hammer their asses and make them earn that flop....

and then he'd get kicked out for too many "flagrant fouls".

Those 1980s Celtics teams did not play that flopping shit.
I really disliked Bird but I have to say he would have adjusted and not fouled out. He would not habe been able to keep up with most of the SF's today but I'm thinking he would have found a way to be out on the floor.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bird could have scored pretty much however many points he wanted to. I heard a quote from him where he said he could have scored 40+ anytime he wanted to, but he figured the point was to win the game!!

I believe the same about Magic!! This is an area where I feel Lebron doesn't really get the credit that he deserves and why I believe that his game mirrors Magic much moreso than MJ.

If Lebron wanted to, he could probably average close to 40 points per game. However, the Heat would be unlikely to win any more titles. Gotta give him credit for that!!
What you said!!! People get so hung up on points that they rarely look at what else was brought to the table.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a frequently quoted misconception. Yes leaders lead by example but there is way more to it. You cant be effective if all you do is set an example. You have to give your teammates/followers the inspiration to do their best. They have to like you or really respect you for you to have influence. If you are a dick head they will do the opposite of what you want just to spite your ass.

i get what you are saying but its not always the case. Guys like steve kerr, made statements about Jordan being a dick head. stating, he was very humiliating, and verbally abusive in practice. I guess the difference is, Jordan was only like that while competing but likeable/respected off the court?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really disliked Bird but I have to say he would have adjusted and not fouled out. He would not habe been able to keep up with most of the SF's today but I'm thinking he would have found a way to be out on the floor.

He would need a jet pack to guard Lebron like most guys today! I would love to see Lebron play TE for the Niners!! :drool:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get what you are saying but its not always the case. Guys like steve kerr, made statements about Jordan being a dick head. stating, he was very humiliating, and verbally abusive in practice. I guess the difference is, Jordan was only like that while competing but likeable/respected off the court?
I think inspite of being a dickhead concerning the game, Jordan probably got a pass because personally his teammates liked and respected him. Jordan never came off to me as a spoiled brat teenager only concerned with what was best for him. I think being aloof and an arrogant dickhead when younger hurt Kobe even after he started becoming more of a leader.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would need a jet pack to guard Lebron like most guys today! I would love to see Lebron play TE for the Niners!! :drool:
I don't know if he can take a hit but can you imagine Tony Gonzales with Lebrons speed?

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird would be even more effective with today's rules. He THOUGHT the game. His anticipation more than made up for a lack of footspeed. Bird's team would guard Lebron just like everybody - by committee. Word.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe would beat Bird 21-0 in a game of one on one.

Word, ****.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe now but its doubtful - even with Bird pushing 60. Definitely not if they got in the Hot Tub Time Machine. Fact of business, if you and me put on some gloves I'd turn your face into Shepherd's Pie. I got your Huckleberry, pimp. Word.