• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe confirms he is not at Jordans level with a tweet.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ssshhh...wlk3 has something to say...

h79978A62

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious that we are talking about PROFESSIONAL players and we talk about leading... Kobe was 18 out of high school when he got there, Shaq was in his prime, what is Kobe going to tell Shaq...? How is Kobe to motivate a guy who dominates without working out... I'd say after year 3 Kobe wanted free reign, Jordan had that... Jordan would not have come in a rookie while Shaq was priming and motivated him to do shit... You and I both know prime Shaq wouldn't listen to anybody but Capt. Harris... Kobe as a leader doesn't have anything to do with his ability... It hurts his team, I agree but his skill is all time...

By the way don't come in and tell me because Jordan wasn't the man his freshmen year in college he would have taken a back seat... Be serious...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beardown would you like my autograph...?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe CHOSE to go pro at 18, and got drafted to a fairly veteran team.

He came off the bench, shot a LOT, and went back to the bench. His rookie year many considered him a ball hog.

Kobe is, and always will be, a great player. But he in no way comes CLOSE to MJ's level. This isn't even worth discussing. He doesn't play better defense, he doesn't shoot better, he doesn't lead better, he doesn't inspire teammates, he isn't more clutch, and he has significantly less accolades to his name.

I just don't understand Kobe nut huggers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Beardown, are you lost puppy...? I was being polite, I'm not into guys... Follow Jason Collins on twitter and get out of moms basement for a while... I'm busy, now get...

StfuNoob7.jpg

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will it be in crayon?

Yes... Actually I'll use my sons crayons... It will read:

To the gay guy following me around because he's afraid of the sun... Get out of mom's basement and you might realize that women aren't that bad, and pussy is really good... Stop slow jacking or at least get a clean sock to wipe that shit up...

Daddy

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe CHOSE to go pro at 18, and got drafted to a fairly veteran team.

He came off the bench, shot a LOT, and went back to the bench. His rookie year many considered him a ball hog.

Kobe is, and always will be, a great player. But he in no way comes CLOSE to MJ's level. This isn't even worth discussing. He doesn't play better defense, he doesn't shoot better, he doesn't lead better, he doesn't inspire teammates, he isn't more clutch, and he has significantly less accolades to his name.

I just don't understand Kobe nut huggers.

First he is a better shooter, arguably as clutch, but I'd agree with the rest... And for the record I'm not a hugger, until this year I had him about 13, now about 8-10 haven't really thought about it... I'm not arguing he's better, I'm saying you can't say if he's on a team the starts

Ron Harper
Kobe Bryant
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Any of the Centers

Couldn't win rings... With a side of you don't know how MJ would take to being asked to play off the ball when he was starting to become a force himself...

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hilarious that we are talking about PROFESSIONAL players and we talk about leading... Kobe was 18 out of high school when he got there, Shaq was in his prime, what is Kobe going to tell Shaq...? How is Kobe to motivate a guy who dominates without working out... I'd say after year 3 Kobe wanted free reign, Jordan had that... Jordan would not have come in a rookie while Shaq was priming and motivated him to do shit... You and I both know prime Shaq wouldn't listen to anybody but Capt. Harris... Kobe as a leader doesn't have anything to do with his ability... It hurts his team, I agree but his skill is all time...

By the way don't come in and tell me because Jordan wasn't the man his freshmen year in college he would have taken a back seat... Be serious...
Not Kobes fault he was 18 at the time and undeveloped as a person or a leader. Just pointing out that he was not a leader and was unable to motivate Shaq. Is that fair? No but it is what it is. How do you know what Jordan would have been able to do with Shaq? You are mistaken that Kobes leadership has nothing to do with his ability. Your ability is maximized in direct proportion to how effective of a leader you are.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why we're even having this discussion.

Kobe is not in MJ's league and never was. I will say he's the best we've seen since Jordan, however. But hes nowhere close to Jordan.

Exactly!! I think it gets talked about because, as was pointed out in the article about Kobe's tweet, Kobe is the only player since MJ where there can even be a discussion.

I heard an interview with Phil where he described another difference between the 2. That is: Kobe's competitiveness ends when he walks off the basketball court and MJ's didn't. MJ wanted to keep competing, whether it was racing your cars, playing cards, whatever. He was always trying to beat you.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having coached both Jordan and Bryant ill take Phil's word on who was better.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Kobes fault he was 18 at the time and undeveloped as a person or a leader. Just pointing out that he was not a leader and was unable to motivate Shaq. Is that fair? No but it is what it is. How do you know what Jordan would have been able to do with Shaq? You are mistaken that Kobes leadership has nothing to do with his ability. Your ability is maximized in direct proportion to how effective of a leader you are.

Yet you're convinced MJ could have motivated Shaq...? Do you recall Shaqs arrogance...? He had the right to be, but he was a an ass... If MJ came in after Shaq and was younger, Shaq wouldn't have listened in his prime... Since the Heat trade I'd say Shaq had humbled himself way down... But when he was priming he didn't give a fuck... As for Kobe, this was the first year he allowed his game to evolve, but as for him being a shitty leader... I can't really say that... What I know is he gave his all and still does... He is and has been the best player on his team and was still the hardest worker on his team... No matter how good he's gotten he continued to add to his game... He works with the younger guys instilling confidence in them and helping them evolve... I'll take that as my leader all day... I think with the way players are coddled these days and the lack of self motivation by the "stars" are different from years past, yet you guys blame Kobe for not placating to guys like Bynum... I just disagree and feel Kobe shouldn't have to motivate grown professionals who get paid millions...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's arguing Kobe is better than MJ...?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's arguing Kobe is better than MJ...?

Better, on same level, whatever. MJ > Kobe, always will be. Kobe is on the decline and this injury will only hasten that. It was a great run but Kobe will never match MJ.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First he is a better shooter, arguably as clutch, but I'd agree with the rest... And for the record I'm not a hugger, until this year I had him about 13, now about 8-10 haven't really thought about it... I'm not arguing he's better, I'm saying you can't say if he's on a team the starts

Ron Harper
Kobe Bryant
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Any of the Centers

Couldn't win rings... With a side of you don't know how MJ would take to being asked to play off the ball when he was starting to become a force himself...

NOT a better shooter - he just shoots more. He's never come CLOSE to touching MJ's shooting percentage.

Not even VAGUELY as clutch. In clutch situations he shoots around 20% with statistically no assists. Jordan knew WHEN to pass, and when to shoot.

Kobe is not clutch, and never has been. Has he hit a few game winners? Sure - but for every one he makes, he misses 8. He's statistically one of the least clutch players in NBA history.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Monto got very excited when he saw these quotes from Phil!

There is no argument that Kobe is better than MJ. That doesn't mean Kobe was a bad player. Phil tweeted that he got to coach two of the greatest guards ever.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure a young MJ would have "inspired" Shaq (whatever the heck that means on a basketball level). Young MJ wasn't exactly known as a team player. The issues between Shaq and Kobe were more off court than on. On the court they dominated.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you're convinced MJ could have motivated Shaq...? Do you recall Shaqs arrogance...? He had the right to be, but he was a an ass... If MJ came in after Shaq and was younger, Shaq wouldn't have listened in his prime... Since the Heat trade I'd say Shaq had humbled himself way down... But when he was priming he didn't give a fuck... As for Kobe, this was the first year he allowed his game to evolve, but as for him being a shitty leader... I can't really say that... What I know is he gave his all and still does... He is and has been the best player on his team and was still the hardest worker on his team... No matter how good he's gotten he continued to add to his game... He works with the younger guys instilling confidence in them and helping them evolve... I'll take that as my leader all day... I think with the way players are coddled these days and the lack of self motivation by the "stars" are different from years past, yet you guys blame Kobe for not placating to guys like Bynum... I just disagree and feel Kobe shouldn't have to motivate grown professionals who get paid millions...
Motivation is internal. Inspiration is external. I'm pretty sure Jordan would have been able to inspire Shaq to be better. You seem to be pretty sure that Shaq would have responded the same to Jordan as Kobe. Whats your reasoning? Kobe has grown somewhat as a leader. Unfortunately he has a stigma attached to him of being difficult to play with. Have you ever wondered why no one really wants to play with him and why several ex-teammates have come out and said negative things about him?