• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe confirms he is not at Jordans level with a tweet.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey smart guy, Jordan played post and drove, Purdue, Whenington, Cartwright, Longely, Scott, Grant all played outside the key which gave MJ more room to work with... He was the unstoppable post player...

You're right...the GOAT wouldn't have been able to adjust.

Fucking Laker fans:tsk:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wlk3,

You sure seem to be fitting in here...I'm sure you'll be around for a long time.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]v27Hk5OIe-k[/YOUTUBE]

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wlk3,

You sure seem to be fitting in here...I'm sure you'll be around for a long time.

You sure seem to be following me around... I'm sure you don't like guys...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that you post a video titled identical plays.

The difference is, one player invented it, and the other copied it.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that you post a video titled identical plays.

The difference is, one player invented it, and the other copied it.

Copy or not... He showed he could do it... I'm sure Jordan used other players to learn as well... Dr. J...?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that makes a player... He hasn't been given very many opportunities to play care free and to his strengths... He's been expected to win rings or bust... MJ was expected to play his game until late in his career so he got all the bullshit out... I agree Jordan is the best but his situation played out well... And as for him getting 9 rings and Kobe getting less than 2, I disagree... Those Bulls teams were set up for Kobe to succeed as well... My other point was how do you know MJ would have been able to adjust to being asked to play off the ball...? You're assuming a lot when MJ has never been the second option, while Kobe has been other world doing either... You remember what it looked like in Miami when Lebron and Wade weren't sure who would be second option... Just imagine if right out of college MJ had to play off the ball to a guy who didn't take off season and regular season serious... I know you don't want to cut Kobe slack but at least be serious...
So many points. Where do I start? First off its the other way around. Your personality and approach to the game has way more impact on how your teammates perceive you and therefore how effective you are as a leader. Kobe was not expected to win rings or bust by himself because he was the second option. That pressure was on Shaqs shoulders. Shaq was the center piece. Later after Kobe became the center piece he had leftover baggage to deal with by growing into a better leader to the teammates he had formerly ignored or possibly pissed off. MJ played off the ball at NC. He was not the focus in college until all the other great players had left that team. He has a proven track record of being able to play with other great teammates without any issues. I think the difference is pretty evident in the leadership department. MJ had already become a leader by the time he came to the NBA. Shaq and MJ both are outgoing and therefore more alike than different. My opinion is that MJ would have inspired Shaq to be even better and dominant than he already was. Kobe on the other hand because of his lack of leadership and aloof manner irritated Shaq and probably killed any chance of Kobe having any type of influence over him.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career path is a tough one for sure...playing with the most dominant big man the game's ever seen, must have been tough.

When you're an Alfa playing with Shaq might help right out of high school, after that he's hurting your growth...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many points. Where do I start? First off its the other way around. Your personality and approach to the game has way more impact on how your teammates perceive you and therefore how effective you are as a leader. Kobe was not expected to win rings or bust by himself because he was the second option. That pressure was on Shaqs shoulders. Shaq was the center piece. Later after Kobe became the center piece he had leftover baggage to deal with by growing into a better leader to the teammates he had formerly ignored or possibly pissed off. MJ played off the ball at NC. He was not the focus in college until all the other great players had left that team. He has a proven track record of being able to play with other great teammates without any issues. I think the difference is pretty evident in the leadership department. MJ had already become a leader by the time he came to the NBA. Shaq and MJ both are outgoing and therefore more alike than different. My opinion is that MJ would have inspired Shaq to be even better and dominant than he already was. Kobe on the other hand because of his lack of leadership and aloof manner irritated Shaq and probably killed any chance of Kobe having any type of influence over him.

^^^this. Shaq should have been scoring 70 a nite.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy or not... He showed he could do it... I'm sure Jordan used other players to learn as well... Dr. J...?
What makes a player is the moves and the man that you are. I think the point is that in Kobes case you can copy the moves all day long but if you dont have the same personality and influence you will always be just a knock off of the original man.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to succeed at a team game, when the rest of the team hates you.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you're an Alfa playing with Shaq might help right out of high school, after that he's hurting your growth...
Shows Kobe's inability to adjust to having possibly the most dominant big man in the NBA. Thats not a good point in Kobes favor.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Beardown, are you lost puppy...? I was being polite, I'm not into guys... Follow Jason Collins on twitter and get out of moms basement for a while... I'm busy, now get...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, well since you put it that way..

Just don't hurt me...

oh ya...
4517681783_83bc18ecca.jpg