• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe comes back, Lakers get worse, who would have thought?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 points 13 assists 1 board and 7 turnovers.. and youre amazed? seriously? try to look at this objectively. he hasn't been good sine his return.

Comming back from a serious injury. Are you not paying attention?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comming back from a serious injury. Are you not paying attention?

im aware of his injury.. but being amazed by his production lately is a bit much to me. im not saying he wont get better. im just calling out someone being amazed at what he has done. it isnt amazing. its mediocre at best. so far. i have confidence he will get better... but laker fans seem to be trying to pump him up over simply returning from injury.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're usually smarter than this. Clearly, you've been on the Heat boards too much. It's a 2 year contract that leaves room for another max player and some solid FA's. Additionally, the Lakers are likely going to be in the lottery of a deep draft.

How exactly does this add up to Kobe's contract dooming the Lakers for a few seasons?

kobe and one max guy with role players is not enough to take down the spurs/thunder... heck it's not even enough to challenge the grizzlies. let alone the heat or pacers out East. Believe what you want... but I will make whatever bet you want that the Lakers finish this Kobe contract with the same 16 titles they have now.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing because the haters can't/won't understand that a baller coming off the worst bball injury and 35 yrs of age can actually impact a game....as they look stupid focusing on 3 game losing streak in Kobe's return, not wanting to admit its their defense that has them in a funk.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kobe and one max guy with role players is not enough to take down the spurs/thunder... heck it's not even enough to challenge the grizzlies. let alone the heat or pacers out East. Believe what you want... but I will make whatever bet you want that the Lakers finish this Kobe contract with the same 16 titles they have now.

I disagree. A couple of max players and solid FA's are exactly what most teams have now, including the Heat. I'm not saying that the Lakers WILL contend over the next 2 years, it depends on who they get.

Either way, there's a big difference between the contract dooming them for several seasons as you suggest and 2 seasons. Some of you act like the Lakers signed Kobe to a 5 year deal.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's relax on that title talk and try to pick a team they would win a 7 game series against with Kobe's contract.

Best case scenario they pull in Melo and Love, how many playoff games you think they are winning with that?

And let's be honest, Kobe's last 2.5 years are about catching MJ in points scored and furthering his all time record of shots missed. No matter what any body in that Laker organization is saying this team is not ring chasing. They are paying back Kobe for his service.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe needs to retire, seriously.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. A couple of max players and solid FA's are exactly what most teams have now, including the Heat. I'm not saying that the Lakers WILL contend over the next 2 years, it depends on who they get.

Either way, there's a big difference between the contract dooming them for several seasons as you suggest and 2 seasons. Some of you act like the Lakers signed Kobe to a 5 year deal.

you are misquoting me. i said the kobe contract will doom them for 'a few seasons.' not several. when the contract runs out.. they will be fine. but kobe is not a max guy anymore. no guy who is 35+ coming off that injury is. father time is undefeated. even the great kobe bryant cant beat him. but i dont think it matters who the lakers get. lebron..melo.. wont matter. not enough money left to build a quality enough team around that. the heat may have the big 3.. but let's be honest guys like battier/miller/ray allen are crucial in those runs. if the lakers sign a max guy next to kobe.. nothing but basically minimum contracts will be left.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny shit reading how certain possibilities won't make Lakers title contender....role players got the Heat titles(think Ray and Battier). Won't take much to entice FA's to come to Lakers when they'll have the cap space. I'm stoked at the possibilities - then again Lakers haters always want to spell doomsday scenarios nothing new.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are misquoting me. i said the kobe contract will doom them for 'a few seasons.' not several. when the contract runs out.. they will be fine. but kobe is not a max guy anymore. no guy who is 35+ coming off that injury is. father time is undefeated. even the great kobe bryant cant beat him. but i dont think it matters who the lakers get. lebron..melo.. wont matter. not enough money left to build a quality enough team around that. the heat may have the big 3.. but let's be honest guys like battier/miller/ray allen are crucial in those runs. if the lakers sign a max guy next to kobe.. nothing but basically minimum contracts will be left.

A few or several, it's still more than 2. I agree that Kobe is not a max player anymore. But even if he gets back to 80-90% of what he was, that's still a top player in the league.

End of the day, the Lakers told Kobe they have a plan and whatever the plan is, Kobe must have bought it because he didn't have to sign the contract.

Neither you or I know what the plan may be. We'll all find out when they start to make moves and see if it works. As for the guys you mentioned, most of them are on various forms of minimum contracts. It's not that difficult to find veterans who are willing to sign veteran's minimum deals to chase rings. The key is finding the right ones.

Again, not saying that they are going to contend during the next 2 years, just saying that if they truly have a workable plan, it's not out of the question.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny shit reading how certain possibilities won't make Lakers title contender....role players got the Heat titles(think Ray and Battier). Won't take much to entice FA's to come to Lakers when they'll have the cap space. I'm stoked at the possibilities - then again Lakers haters always want to spell doomsday scenarios nothing new.

Nobody is saying they are doomed after Kobe retires, post Kobe that door is wide open for the Lakers and you should be stoked.

A few or several, it's still more than 2. I agree that Kobe is not a max player anymore. But even if he gets back to 80-90% of what he was, that's still a top player in the league.

End of the day, the Lakers told Kobe they have a plan and whatever the plan is, Kobe must have bought it because he didn't have to sign the contract.

Neither you or I know what the plan may be. We'll all find out when they start to make moves and see if it works. As for the guys you mentioned, most of them are on various forms of minimum contracts. It's not that difficult to find veterans who are willing to sign veteran's minimum deals to chase rings. The key is finding the right ones.

Again, not saying that they are going to contend during the next 2 years, just saying that if they truly have a workable plan, it's not out of the question.

Kobe is not going to be 80% of his old self.

The plan was give Kobe $48m, of course Kobe signed because it is $25m more than anyone else was going to give him.

The key to finding players to sign for vet mins to chase rings is that you have to be a ring contender, 125% Kobe is not a contender with out another couple of stars.

Their plan is not about rings, all they want to do is pay Kobe and sell seats. They will worry about rings when Kobe retires and every thing they say about ring chasing is fluff to keep the homers happy.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im aware of his injury.. but being amazed by his production lately is a bit much to me. im not saying he wont get better. im just calling out someone being amazed at what he has done. it isnt amazing. its mediocre at best. so far. i have confidence he will get better... but laker fans seem to be trying to pump him up over simply returning from injury.

But you don't watch the Lakers so you don't know lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying they are doomed after Kobe retires, post Kobe that door is wide open for the Lakers and you should be stoked.

Kobe is not going to be 80% of his old self.

The plan was give Kobe $48m, of course Kobe signed because it is $25m more than anyone else was going to give him.

The key to finding players to sign for vet mins to chase rings is that you have to be a ring contender, 125% Kobe is not a contender with out another couple of stars.

Their plan is not about rings, all they want to do is pay Kobe and sell seats. They will worry about rings when Kobe retires and every thing they say about ring chasing is fluff to keep the homers happy.

You're an idiot troll with no clue as to what the plan was and my post wasn't directed at you. It was an adult conversation with Flauge. Start bringing something pertinent to the conversation or gtfo.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just surprised your title didn't read, "Kobe Comes Back, Lakers Get Worst." Kudos for not being that guy.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can do whatever he puts his mind to....close to a triple double and doing it in limited minutes. After getting waxed by OK good W on the 2nd of a back to back. Kobe is just gettin started.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can do whatever he puts his mind to....close to a triple double and doing it in limited minutes. After getting waxed by OK good W on the 2nd of a back to back. Kobe is just gettin started.

If by good, you mean "any win is a good win", I agree. But it sure was UGLY!!:lol: