• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe Bryant, torn rotator cuff

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kobe was really interested in winning more championships, then he would go back to Mitch Kupchak and re-write that contract for 12 million or less. That would enable the Lakers to rebuild faster. We already know that like Steve Nash - Kobe wants the money and who can blame him. I want that money too.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its over, Kobe.

Thanks for the memories.

That is not going to happen. That would be like asking a democrat to lower your taxes.

Kobe is not going to walk away from 25 million dollars for the next season and give up his last chance to do the impossible.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EXACTLY why i'm hoping the Lakers DON'T overpay to get him...if indeed that's the direction they go...

I think the Lakers should focus on Randle and forget about Love. He is a good player, but I think they Lakers can do better. If the Lakers could get a really talented point guard in the first round draft pick, then that would be more likely because the power forward would be filled by Love with the rookie point guard and Randle in the small forward position and Kobe until he gets hurt again.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers should focus on Randle and forget about Love. He is a good player, but I think they Lakers can do better. If the Lakers could get a really talented point guard in the first round draft pick, then that would be more likely because the power forward would be filled by Love with the rookie point guard and Randle in the small forward position and Kobe until he gets hurt again.

You make no sense. First you say forget about Love. Then you say move Randle to the 3 so Love can play the 4. I don't think Randle can handle playing defense at the 3.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make no sense. First you say forget about Love. Then you say move Randle to the 3 so Love can play the 4. I don't think Randle can handle playing defense at the 3.

Actually - I am thinking that the Lakers will get that first round draft pick in the top five - so they could keep Randle at the SF position and go for a PF in the draft and then try to sign a point guard. I'm not against Kevin Love, but I am not totally sold on him either. He's only 26 though and does have some potential

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before: Kobe is not going to retire. He would lose 25 million for the season and endorsements that go with being an NBA player. We can only hope that Kobe does come back and is able to play an entire season. It's a shame that D'antoni didn't manage Kobe's time better for the last two years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said before: Kobe is not going to retire. He would lose 25 million for the season and endorsements that go with being an NBA player. We can only hope that Kobe does come back and is able to play an entire season. It's a shame that D'antoni didn't manage Kobe's time better for the last two years.

The next time you post your repetitive bullshit. You're gone. I'm done with it. You started a thread about Kobe coming back for the money and you have posted the same shit in numerous other threads.

You do this shit over and over, all of the time. That, along with your constant derailing of threads by bringing in Kobe and the Lakers when they have nothing to do with the topic are at an end.

Don't even bother responding to this. It's very simple, the next time you derail a thread or start posting the same shit all over multiple threads, you're gone.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll probably overpay for Love when he opts out this summer.

Love wouldn't be a bad signing though if they don't offer him a max contract. I see him as 10 to 12 million a year player. If the Lakers get that first round draft pick, then I could see them going for a power forward. I haven't seen the draft, so they really have to get the best player possible regardless of his position IMO

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love may want to come and play for the Lakers with LA being his hometown and all and he has stated as much. The Lakers will probably sign two big name FAs this summer. Love will probably be one of them and I suspect Monroe the other. Both would fit nicely.

Perhaps TLF, you might want to change your approach to posting to match your site ID (TLF). Apparently the incongruency between the two is a bit disconcerting and could cost you more than you are willing to admit.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love may want to come and play for the Lakers with LA being his hometown and all and he has stated as much. The Lakers will probably sign two big name FAs this summer. Love will probably be one of them and I suspect Monroe the other. Both would fit nicely.

Perhaps TLF, you might want to change your approach to posting to match your site ID (TLF). Apparently the incongruency between the two is a bit disconcerting and could cost you more than you are willing to admit.

I will be quite happy if the Lakers are able to sign two big free agents this summer. I am not convinced, however that Jeannie Buss and Jim Buss has the expertise and respect of free agents that the late Dr Jerry Buss had. I have seen companies be taken over before by the children and my experience is that the children have never had the genius of their parents. In time, however the kids will improve and will put together the formula for winning teams. I'm just not quite as optimistic that it happens that fast like most of you already believe. Quite honestly though I am kind of glad that neither Howard or Carmelo signed with the Lakers. I think that if the Lakers had acquired Chris Paul first as attempted, then Howard would have been the third option and would have been willing to work with Paul and Kobe, but without Chris Paul - Howard was just a coward. I agree with Byron Scott though that Howard doesn't seem to have the determination to win and I agree with Phil Jackson who called Carmelo a ball stopper a few years ago. We will see, what happens this summer, but that first round protected pick and Randle coming back next year by January will be a big help - especially if the Lakers can land the next Lebron or equal to that.

Seems like to me the real focus should be on the next pick in relation to what they can get in the free agency so they end up with a better starting five

If the Lakers believe that they will sign Love - then don't you think it would make more sense for them to go after a guard in the first round to compliment Love as the power forward?

I would love to see the Lakers get a legitimate point guard in the draft, but I think they need to start developing another elite shooting guard - unless you all believe Ellington or Swaggy will fit the bill.

The Lakers do have some young players that will be much better next year - if they even land one free agent like Love - they will be considerably better.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now on the other hand - if Jeannie Buss agrees to dance naked when they sign......

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually things have changed TLF. See the FA thread for the scenario as we are now looking at four picks in this year's draft including two number ones and two number twos as long as we remain in that top five pick eligibility. That means we may only need one FA like Monroe and then continue the rebuild with those four picks.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually things have changed TLF. See the FA thread for the scenario as we are now looking at four picks in this year's draft including two number ones and two number twos as long as we remain in that top five pick eligibility. That means we may only need one FA like Monroe and then continue the rebuild with those four picks.

If you want to make the playoffs in 2016 - and contend for a championship - four picks is not going to be the answer even if they are the top four picks in the draft. You still need minimum of two free agents and some decent second tier players to assist. I love the picks, don't get me wrong, but 9 of 10 or 8 of 10 times, they need a couple of years to develop. Just saying and from what I have heard, I am not even convinced that the Lakers expect to hit pay dirt in 2015 in the free agency. Miami is waiting for 2016 to hit gold from what I have heard and I expect that the Lakers are just as smart(at least I hope so)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well many have already stated that the Lakers are going after Dragic and Monroe or maybe Love but even Monroe would be enough. So I am not sure what you are stating here other than the obvious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to make the playoffs in 2016 - and contend for a championship - four picks is not going to be the answer even if they are the top four picks in the draft. You still need minimum of two free agents and some decent second tier players to assist. I love the picks, don't get me wrong, but 9 of 10 or 8 of 10 times, they need a couple of years to develop. Just saying and from what I have heard, I am not even convinced that the Lakers expect to hit pay dirt in 2015 in the free agency. Miami is waiting for 2016 to hit gold from what I have heard and I expect that the Lakers are just as smart(at least I hope so)

As Retro pointed out, the Lakers are said to be looking to land a couple FA's this off-season by trying to land guys like Dragic/Monroe/Love.

Miami is looking at 2016 because, unless Riley pulls a rabbit out of his hat, they won't have the cap space to do much until 2016.

You also have to remember that the Lakers will have cap space to, at the least, sign a max FA and a good, mid-level FA this off-season to add to Kobe, Randle and whomever is kept from the current roster. Then, after next season, when Kobe's contract comes off the books and the cap increases, they will have the space to add at least another max FA and another mid-level FA or possibly even 2 max guys.

The above, is what I believe is the "3 year plan" that the FO speaks of. If so, that seems to be a very solid and doable plan, especially if, as most experts seem to think, the Lakers are still a "destination franchise." Obviously, as with any plan, the execution of it will determine it's success.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Retro pointed out, the Lakers are said to be looking to land a couple FA's this off-season by trying to land guys like Dragic/Monroe/Love.

Miami is looking at 2016 because, unless Riley pulls a rabbit out of his hat, they won't have the cap space to do much until 2016.

You also have to remember that the Lakers will have cap space to, at the least, sign a max FA and a good, mid-level FA this off-season to add to Kobe, Randle and whomever is kept from the current roster. Then, after next season, when Kobe's contract comes off the books and the cap increases, they will have the space to add at least another max FA and another mid-level FA or possibly even 2 max guys.

The above, is what I believe is the "3 year plan" that the FO speaks of. If so, that seems to be a very solid and doable plan, especially if, as most experts seem to think, the Lakers are still a "destination franchise." Obviously, as with any plan, the execution of it will determine it's success.

I know they said they was looking but they might also be waiting til 2016 like Miami to really be serious. In 2016 their draft picks and rookies will be developed enough for a player like LeBron. If the right combination comes along this summer, they will without a doubt sign him, but they are going to need some luck. Lucky is not a bad thing by the way. I can live with lucky

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they said they was looking but they might also be waiting til 2016 like Miami to really be serious. In 2016 their draft picks and rookies will be developed enough for a player like LeBron. If the right combination comes along this summer, they will without a doubt sign him, but they are going to need some luck. Lucky is not a bad thing by the way. I can live with lucky

Yeah, 2016 is supposed to be the big FA class, but I know the Lakers have their sights set on a few that they want to go after this year. They definitely have more than the 2 that they targeted this past off-season.

I agree about lucky. As the late, great Chick Hearn used to say: "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you might have something." :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, 2016 is supposed to be the big FA class, but I know the Lakers have their sights set on a few that they want to go after this year. They definitely have more than the 2 that they targeted this past off-season.

I agree about lucky. As the late, great Chick Hearn used to say: "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you might have something." :lol:

Realistically - Unless they are going to go do like Miami and do a super-nova with three big agents, they need one really good signing this summer. Miami was able to pull that off because all three players new they wanted to play together and had advised Riley ahead of time what they wanted. That enabled him to trade off all his long term contracts and be free. In the real world, It's doubtful that any team will ever pull that off again. Rondo and Love this summer would not be bad signings this summer, but Rondo and Love in my opinion is not enough to win a championship with Kobe in his current state. Kobe of five years ago would have been a championship contender.

Does any one have a time machine

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically - Unless they are going to go do like Miami and do a super-nova with three big agents, they need one really good signing this summer. Miami was able to pull that off because all three players new they wanted to play together and had advised Riley ahead of time what they wanted. That enabled him to trade off all his long term contracts and be free. In the real world, It's doubtful that any team will ever pull that off again. Rondo and Love this summer would not be bad signings this summer, but Rondo and Love in my opinion is not enough to win a championship with Kobe in his current state. Kobe of five years ago would have been a championship contender.

Does any one have a time machine

I'm not convinced that the Lakers are that interested in Love anymore. For one, they just used a 1st round pick on a power forward that most seem to think is going to be very good. If you have Randle with Ed Davis and/or Tarik Black to back him up, you're pretty good at the PF spot.

I think much of the Lakers interest last year may have been because of D'Antoni' being the coach. Love would have been perfect in that system because the stretch 4 plays a big role. Plus, defense wasn't exactly a priority with D'Antoni, so the fact that Love doesn't play any wouldn't have mattered.

Although it's hard to tell because they just don't have a lot of talent, Scott actually expects his guys to play defense, so the Lakers may no longer be as interested because of that.

I also think who the Lakers get in the draft will determine what direction they go in FA. For example, if Okafor or that 7'1" kid from Kentucky (Cauley-Stein?) are available, then we may see them grab one of those 2 and look top get a PG in FA.

If they decide to draft Mudiay, then maybe they go after a center (DeAndre Jordan?) in this FA class or the 2016 FA class.

One thing Mitch has preached throughout all of this is that they want to maintain flexibility and they seem to be doing a pretty good job of that. Although, they'll have to do something eventually because having flexibility doesn't mean much if you don't use it.

Last edited by a moderator: