• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Fiz firing story really isn't Knicks "news" per se....
...but imho....these are....

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For claiming to have played professional sports you have surprising little understanding of how things work. How many tines has Larry Brown been fired? He's not a good coach? I'm not even claiming Fiz is a great coach. But saying a coach being fired is necessarily a sign he's bad is just absurd.There are so many factors that go into the decision to retain a coach or not and coaching ability is one, but far from the only.

And somehow it never quite sinks on for you that the Knicks have bigger problems than the coach and it won't matter who the coach of the team is until they get at least some of them worked out.
Now you’re comparing fizdale to a Larry brown, and I don’t understand how it works… ok

This has nothing to do with anything other than seeing him on a game by game basis , how he held his players accountable and how they executed his plan. A good coach has to show some tough love too. Fizdale did not hold his players accountable, nor did he have a plan to execute. He did not leave any Knick fan hope of anything.

And, t lance before ya get all bent out of shape. I know the roster was a challenged one , but in this league you see how if you’re not a GS type team you can still sneak into PS any year with any roster.

look at the pelicans … not a Tony Montana reference, look what they did during season without chubby to get to the PS with a challenged roster.

Cmon man

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Fiz firing story really isn't Knicks "news" per se....
...but imho....these are....

Ahhhhh jeez. Edith!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you’re comparing fizdale to a Larry brown, and I don’t understand how it works… ok

This has nothing to do with anything other than seeing him on a game by game basis , how he held his players accountable and how they executed his plan. A good coach has to show some tough love too. Fizdale did not hold his players accountable, nor did he have a plan to execute. He did not leave any Knick fan hope of anything.

And, t lance before ya get all bent out of shape. I know the roster was a challenged one , but in this league you see how if you’re not a GS type team you can still sneak into PS any year with any roster.

look at the pelicans … not a Tony Montana reference, look what they did during season without chubby to get to the PS with a challenged roster.

Cmon man

Getting to the playoffs with no possible shot at advancing and no future upside is actually the worst possible spot for a franchise to be.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting to the playoffs with no possible shot at advancing and no future upside is actually the worst possible spot for a franchise to be.
You mean like the Brooklyn Nets

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't believe that your reading comprehension is that low, but since I obviously have to come back and explain it to you...
Fizdale has been fired a couple times.
This does not, by itself, mean that he is bad coach.
As an example, Larry Brown, who has been fired multiple times, is generally regarded as a very good coach in the NBA.
Therefore,, you can not just say Fizdale is a bad coach simply because he got fired.
Further, this line of proof in no way makes any claims that Fizdale is a very good coach, simply that there are many factors that go into a coach's retention or firing.
Now that it is clear enough for a five year old I hope you can catch up.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't believe that your reading comprehension is that low, but since I obviously have to come back and explain it to you...
Fizdale has been fired a couple times.
This does not, by itself, mean that he is bad coach.
As an example, Larry Brown, who has been fired multiple times, is generally regarded as a very good coach in the NBA.
Therefore,, you can not just say Fizdale is a bad coach simply because he got fired.
Further, this line of proof in no way makes any claims that Fizdale is a very good coach, simply that there are many factors that go into a coach's retention or firing.
Now that it is clear enough for a five year old I hope you can catch up.
You should have just left it alone..

Larry brown , a proven coach vs Fizdale , who happened to be in the right place, time in Miami, and that’s about it .

You, should Consider an ID change cause you’re not using it at all.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have just left it alone..

Larry brown , a proven coach vs Fizdale , who happened to be in the right place, time in Miami, and that’s about it .

You, should Consider an ID change cause you’re not using it at all.
Wow, even walked through step by step you still can't understand that is not a comparison of coaches but a statement that firing of a coach does not necessarily mean that they are a bad coach. Your ability to understand what you read is significantly lower than I thought.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, even walked through step by step you still can't understand that is not a comparison of coaches but a statement that firing of a coach does not necessarily mean that they are a bad coach. Your ability to understand what you read is significantly lower than I thought.

He's had too many coaches break clipboards on his head.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are not a Knick fan , and he did not coach your team for at least a year or so why the hell would you have any kind of an opinion on fizdale?

Imo , after seeing him hear in NY, I can’t see any reason why he would get another head coaching position. He filled a seat in Miami, that’s all he did. He got a shot only because he sat on a folding chair for a team that won it all. He has failed everywhere he has been since. His luck ran out.

Failed 3x in less than 5 years absolutely says something about him!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is overpaying for Brunson going to put the Knicks over the top?
Or is it just enough to keep them in the purgatory of competing for a play-in spot and a low draft pick?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it just enough to keep them in the purgatory of competing for a play-in spot and a low draft pick?

They'll continue to shoot themselves in the foot most likely. They'll follow overpaying Brunson by giving Barrett a max extension.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

It is enough to put them over the top and grab that 10 seed!

Let’s go Knicks!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally have a pt man that can take over a game..

Too bad we got a coach that got no clue offensively.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally have a pt man that can take over a game..

Too bad we got a coach that got no clue offensively.

Yeah the coach is the only problem with the Knicks. The problems start at the top with the owner.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the coach is the only problem with the Knicks. The problems start at the top with the owner.
Dolan also owns the rangers, rangers are a contender this year bar any serious injuries.

Just not enough good mgmt people in NBA?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolan also owns the rangers, rangers are a contender this year bar any serious injuries.

Just not enough good mgmt people in NBA?

Stay on topic. This is about the NBA. Anything else is invalid for this conversation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay off crack

A serious question. Do you have reading comprehension issues?

I'm talking about only the Knicks. Doesn't matter that Dolan also owns the Rangers.

Since you can't figures this out yourself I'll tell you. The Rangers have nothing to do with the Knicks.

What the Rangers have done doesn't carry over to the NBA.

What's wrong with you?