• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks still...

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hires the GM? There are plenty of good basketball minds out there. Don't mistake Dolan's inability to find them for a lack of availability.
So Dolan is purposely hijacking his own team. He’s brought in all big name coaches players and GMs and he’s the sole reason for the Knicks sucking for all these years , ok

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dolan is purposely hijacking his own team. He’s brought in all big name coaches players and GMs and he’s the sole reason for the Knicks sucking for all these years , ok
Big names do not always mean big results. Phil Jackson was a great coach, terrible exec. Bringing in big name players doesn't do much if you overpay them so you can't fill out a roster around them to be competitive.
You should just be happy that he finally seems to have hit on a winning combination and the Knicks are finally a respectable team again and a viable contender.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big names do not always mean big results. Phil Jackson was a great coach, terrible exec. Bringing in big name players doesn't do much if you overpay them so you can't fill out a roster around them to be competitive.
You should just be happy that he finally seems to have hit on a winning combination and the Knicks are finally a respectable team again and a viable contender.
Ya can’t have it both ways

He has done everything within his power to bring a championship to NY

NBA superstars are a different breed of players… they have too much to say about the goings on in the league, wat too much control.

ya love it too much to see it!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NBA superstars are a different breed of players… they have too much to say about the goings on in the league, wat too much control.

I think you love yourself (Dolan) too much to see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because he's "done everything in his power to bring a championship to NY" doesn't mean he's made the right moves or knows what he's doing.

I'd wager that virtually every owner is doing "everything in their power" to bring championships to their city.

Some are better at it than others.

And yet, despite "NBA superstars having too much say"...some owners manage to get their team into championship contention.

Despite having deep pockets and being in a "destination city", Dolan hasn't been able to do that until about the last couple of seasons. Why?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off you don’t always know who the superstar will turnout to be

The Knicks have had there fair share of star players play for them under Dolan during that time

Knicks have not had the first round pick often to even land that potential superstar

Cleveland before lebron was one of the biggest media markets ?

Could care less that Brooklyn is part of NY. It ain’t and never will be compared to the Mecca of BB, only a fool would do that!

Dolan ain’t the reason why , he ain’t cheap!
The superstars of the NBA don’t need the Mecca anymore, but they sure as hell get up for it every time they play there

Lastly, when the Knicks have had a 1st round pick who have they selected???? SHIT, cause then GMs that he hired sucked ! And that goes along with what I been say about not enough good basketball minds in the game

We're talking free agents, not draft picks or trades. Big money FAs, guys that control their destiny, have not chosen the Knicks in the free agency era.

As you note, playing in MSG is a draw. The Nets have signed big money FAs, so the media angle doesn't really work. What haven't I mentioned? The front office and ownership of the Knicks.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking free agents, not draft picks or trades. Big money FAs, guys that control their destiny, have not chosen the Knicks in the free agency era.

As you note, playing in MSG is a draw. The Nets have signed big money FAs, so the media angle doesn't really work. What haven't I mentioned? The front office and ownership of the Knicks.
To be fair to Pasta, the New York media does pay more attention to the Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, and Giants than the little brothers Nets, Islanders, Mets, and Jets. However, it has no bearing on free agent signings because Boston and Philly media are at least as harsh of critics of their sports and they are able to sign free agents.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Pasta, the New York media does pay more attention to the Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, and Giants than the little brothers Nets, Islanders, Mets, and Jets. However, it has no bearing on free agent signings because Boston and Philly media are at least as harsh of critics of their sports and they are able to sign free agents.
Again, how can playing for Dolan hurt a superstar?

I understand that Dolan made mistakes , but nothing catastrophic to any player

They may use him as an excuse to not play here, but I’m not buyin it, but you clearly are and that’s ok.

Big name superstars who have chosen not to player here were scared to play here!

That’s what I’m buyin so many New Yorker are. F em we don’t need em!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may use him as an excuse to not play here, but I’m not buyin it, but you clearly are and that’s ok.

Big name superstars who have chosen not to player here were scared to play here!

I'm not buying that they are scared to play there. Top athletes want to play on the biggest stage. You said it yourself, that other teams get up to play there. They didn't want to play there because the organization was poorly managed. If you want to put that on the GM and/or coach fine, but most think that it is the guy who hired the wrong GM/coach. Other markets have critical media that hold players accountable, that isn't what is keeping guys away.

As I stated above, you should just be glad that it appears to have finally been figure out with the last GM (too early to know about the current one, a lot depends on how KAT works out) and current coach. They should be in play for big name free agents now if they can ever find cap space to sign them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he's "done everything in his power to bring a championship to NY" doesn't mean he's made the right moves or knows what he's doing.

I'd wager that virtually every owner is doing "everything in their power" to bring championships to their city.

Some are better at it than others.

And yet, despite "NBA superstars having too much say"...some owners manage to get their team into championship contention.

Despite having deep pockets and being in a "destination city", Dolan hasn't been able to do that until about the last couple of seasons. Why? <---

MSG is in a really bad neighborhood?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Big name superstars who have chosen not to player here were scared to play here! <----

If you really think superstars are afraid to play for the Knicks you're even dumber than I thought.

The players have changed. The coaches have changed. The GM has changed. But the owner is the same. What do you not understand about that?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying that they are scared to play there. Top athletes want to play on the biggest stage. You said it yourself, that other teams get up to play there. They didn't want to play there because the organization was poorly managed. If you want to put that on the GM and/or coach fine, but most think that it is the guy who hired the wrong GM/coach. Other markets have critical media that hold players accountable, that isn't what is keeping guys away.

As I stated above, you should just be glad that it appears to have finally been figure out with the last GM (too early to know about the current one, a lot depends on how KAT works out) and current coach. They should be in play for big name free agents now if they can ever find cap space to sign them.
Isn’t it the superstar that changes the direction of a franchise?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really think superstars are afraid to play for the Knicks you're even dumber than I thought.

The players have changed. The coaches have changed. The GM has changed. But the owner is the same. What do you not understand about that?

Have you ever witnessed a free agent superstar ever publicly say he won’t play for Dolan?

Yes or no if yes name them if no STFU

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t it the superstar that changes the direction of a franchise?
Who hires the guys that decide what players to pursue and how much to pay them? Yes, a superstar can change the direction of a franchise, but they need to be convinced they will have a chance to win in the environment before they will sign. Until recently the Knicks didn't provide that opportunity because the guys Dolan had hired for the front office did not build a winning environment. I doubt any player would specifically say, "I'm not playing for Dolan", but I'm sure in the past that many said I'm not even considering going to the mess that is the Knicks.

Stop losing this argument and be glad they have turned it around and use this thread to cheer on your finally competitive team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever witnessed a free agent superstar ever publicly say he won’t play for Dolan?

Yes or no if yes name them if no STFU

I don't want to call you stupid but you leave me no option.

Yours lips must be glues to Dolan's rear end.

So when I asked you this you really didn't understand it.

It's funny you don't get it, that everything has changed over the years/decades with the Knicks expect the owner.

Damn are you stupid.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hires the guys that decide what players to pursue and how much to pay them? Yes, a superstar can change the direction of a franchise, but they need to be convinced they will have a chance to win in the environment before they will sign. Until recently the Knicks didn't provide that opportunity because the guys Dolan had hired for the front office did not build a winning environment. I doubt any player would specifically say, "I'm not playing for Dolan", but I'm sure in the past that many said I'm not even considering going to the mess that is the Knicks.

Stop losing this argument and be glad they have turned it around and use this thread to cheer on your finally competitive team.
Ok so wait you think Dolan hires a GM without talking to someone in the game that knows who is out there and would be a good fit?

Biggest mistake was bringing Isiah here, Dolans choice, and that hurt!

But that is not enough

There is nothing to lose here, if we did a nation wide poll we’d have lots on both sides who would agree and disagree , most tho would agree with me… im Italian

And tell Wamu shut up Shut uppppppp

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing to lose here, if we did a nation wide poll we’d have lots on both sides who would agree and disagree , most tho would agree with me… im Italian
A nation wide poll on the Knicks? Most people would say Dolan who?
We’ve got knowledgeable basketball fans here, and they ALL disagree with you, so who cares what random people nationwide think.
I, too, am Italian. So what?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nation wide poll on the Knicks? Most people would say Dolan who?
We’ve got knowledgeable basketball fans here, and they ALL disagree with you, so who cares what random people nationwide think.
I, too, am Italian. So what?
You don’t look it!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Easy.

Failing to win hurts a superstar’s legacy.

Superstars aren’t signing somewhere they don’t believe they can win a ring.

And until very recently, the Knicks have been a hot mess.