• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Klay or Dray...who ruins the Warriors?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This OKC/G.S. game should be a good one this evening. Westbrook better keep an extra eye on Draymond in case he slips again & kicks another opponent in the basket-balls. And hopefully the Celtics can beat the Cavs.:hope:

200.gif

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people would say Green & Klay's "shooting percentage" should be better -- it shouldn't go down -- because they will have more open looks. My point is their confidence (especially Green) could play a big factor and their shooting percentage could go down because they are always looking over their shoulder.

Green had a play the other day where he had a wide open 3. But he looked to pass ... hesitated ... then finally decided to shoot a 3. It was an airball.

Not sure if you follow the Warriors, but this is really, really standard with Green, when Kerr is coaching. Under Luke he did let it fly more often, but Kerr has him reigned in pretty much on the 3 as a last option.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that both Klay & Green are shooting poorly this year.

I know when I play I tend to shoot better when the team needs me to score -- vs. when I play on teams where other players are better scorers. It's a confidence thing, I think. I thought Green might go through this problem this year also -- especially because in the past he was defensive about being discouraged from shooting a lot.

Green can dominate a game without scoring...Klay can't.

Green's shooting is irrelevant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people would say Green & Klay's "shooting percentage" should be better -- it shouldn't go down -- because they will have more open looks. My point is their confidence (especially Green) could play a big factor and their shooting percentage could go down because they are always looking over their shoulder.

Green had a play the other day where he had a wide open 3. But he looked to pass ... hesitated ... then finally decided to shoot a 3. It was an airball.

I think the confidence issue is a great point. You are correct. Outside of time in the gym, confidence is the single most important thing for a shooter.

Based on Klay's personality, I don't think his confidence will take a hit, but it is a possibility. For now though, it is way too small a sample to judge anything real.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green can dominate a game without scoring...Klay can't.

Green's shooting is irrelevant.

Again, not accurate.

Green's shooting is precisely what makes the death lineup impossible to guard. When all 5 players are legit threats from 3, the defense is stretched so far they have a very difficult time defending drives and cutters. Obviously you would rather help off Green or Iggy, but you can't just leave them alone.

Green does not need to shoot a high percentage from 3 to contribute, but he needs to continue to be a threat.

tebowGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not accurate.

Green's shooting is precisely what makes the death lineup impossible to guard. When all 5 players are legit threats from 3, the defense is stretched so far they have a very difficult time defending drives and cutters. Obviously you would rather help off Green or Iggy, but you can't just leave them alone.

Green does not need to shoot a high percentage from 3 to contribute, but he needs to continue to be a threat.

Just stop.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Dray needs to do is take a chill pill in the playoffs. No reason to get unnecessary T's when you get a block or make one play. The number of T's is very crucial in the playoffs, it is difficult to say he could control himself but maybe he will grow up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Dray needs to do is take a chill pill in the playoffs. No reason to get unnecessary T's when you get a block or make one play. The number of T's is very crucial in the playoffs, it is difficult to say he could control himself but maybe he will grow up.

^^^THIS^^^

I get that Dray is an emotional player and there's nothing wrong with that. Lots of guys are emotional players. That emotion is why most call him the "heart and soul of the Warriors."

But when that emotion hurts the team, as it did in the finals last year, then it is up to the player to figure out how to get it under control.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night Westbrook came into the game averaging 37.8 PPG on 45% shooting. Last night with Klay defending him all game he had 20 points on 26.7% shooting. Oh, and the Warriors have no rim protection.

Klay's defense is totally overrated.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night Westbrook came into the game averaging 37.8 PPG on 45% shooting. Last night with Klay defending him all game he had 20 points on 26.7% shooting. Oh, and the Warriors have no rim protection.

Klay's defense is totally overrated.

I'm sure the 2nd night of west coast back to back had nothing to do with it.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the 2nd night of west coast back to back had nothing to do with it.

Klay's defended Westbrook very well throughout his career. Westbrook's FG percentages dropped from his season average of 45.4% on 18 FGA during the regular season to 39.5% on 22 FGA's in the Conference Finals, with Klay guarding him too.

It's not knocking RW, just pointing out that Klay's defense might be good?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL they went from LA to Oakland..such a rough trip..dont even think you get a second bag of peanuts on that flight.

The back to back thing is real. With the Warriors rested and the Thunder on the road, this game would have been a give away game if not for the narrative.

That being said, Klay did a great job defensively.