• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiss to perform at the Dodger Stadium Game?

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? They couldn't come up with a newer act than Kiss? In LA? Isn't LA supposed to be an entertainment capital? There most likely Ducks fans that won't even know who they are. Or more accurately were.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Kiss, it's a big act, I don't mind old school either. At the same time, I would've either had it be something more LA orientated,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLvohMXgcBo]Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge [Official Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

Keep an mind a more contemporary act would be something like Miley Cyrus or One Republic.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind One Republic tho,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg]OneRepublic - Counting Stars - YouTube[/ame]

Great song.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a huge Kiss fan growing up. They are starting to be a bigger entity in LA because of the football team they purchased.

I would much rather have it be about the game instead of the entertainment.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a huge Kiss fan growing up. They are starting to be a bigger entity in LA because of the football team they purchased.

I would much rather have it be about the game instead of the entertainment.

True, it should be more about the game, but the pageantry is important for outdoor games. Would be sweet if they had a machine to douce the rink with fake snow :lol:

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? I love them. Would you rather have Miley, Gaga, Madonna or Cher? If they had given me a vote, I would have picked Metallica. James Hatfield is a huge hockey fan. He picks up a current hockey jersey from every city that they play in.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KISS is fine by me, they are still loved like they were back in their heyday. I grew up listening to them, still do.

Metallica would have been cool if they played their pre-Black album stuff, but that would be way too heavy for the arena although I think Seek and Destroy would have been a good one to start with. James Hetfield attended Brea Olinda High School, the HS in the city next to where I live (in his Senior year photo, his caption was "I'm going to be a famous rock and roll star". No one believed him). I never appreciated how good that guy is both vocally and musically until the last few years.

I'm over seeing the crap acts like Miley, Lady Khaka and all that fluff. And someone needs to tell Madonna to have a few Double Doubles.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I would have had my choice it would have been someone like Blake Shelton or Mrs Fisher. Even old school would have someone like Reba or Willie Nelson. As it is I'll just go get a beer from the Fridge and have some lunch during intermission. Haven't listened to Rock and Roll since Buddy Holly died.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Country would be nice, but I think it would be a tad out of place for this event. LA, middle of "winter", no snow and not quite the same audience as say the Super Bowl, where someone like Carrie Underwood would be more well received.

I love me my country too, but it isn't a huge thing here in SoCal overall except for the rural equestrian pockets (like Norco for example or a majority of the IE). I would have liked to see a country singer but probably not most people.

I entertained the idea of going but when I saw ticket prices I said forget it. I'd rather just sit at home and watch it. All it is (to me) is a Kings Ducks game outdoors - nothing special. Then again, I'm not a fan of the Winter Classic/Stadium Series/Premier games either.

The whole thing is pretty lame if you ask me.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them in the summer of 2012 with Motley Crue and they blew Motley Crue off the stage.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, the pyro at a kiss show, arent they gonna have enough trouble keeping that ice in game shape lol.

I was just telling a friend of mine, we never see bands at the winter classic that have anything to do with the songs usually played at a hockey game. We can hope Chelsea Dagger can play the soldier field show for the hawks, but you never hear these wimp band songs firing up the crowd during a game that they book for the nbc games.

At least kiss is a move in the right direction.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KISS is iconic, so it's actually a good move, regardless of taste. Country would 100% not sit well with the audience unless it was in Calgary or something. In my observations, heavy metal/rock seems to dominate the sport, and I'm kind of glad it wasn't another chugga chugga band. KISS is fun, goofy, and entertaining, but can still rock. It'll be fun.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know I'm very much in the minority in this part of the country. I didn't mean to say it was a good idea for the audience that'll be at Dodger Stadium. It's just what I would have liked to see. I guess from the support shown for Kiss they're a good choice. I just think they're a little past their prime. Aren't they all pushing 60 by now. Gene Simmons even has his own reality show. That's a step before retirement. But if the Rolling Stones can still be going why not Kiss. The Stones are definitely older than Kiss.

Ox

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the stones have about 10-15 years on KISS and they do kick ass as well. Totally past their prime hahaha yes.. very much so. I wonder where the "middle" is with trying to pull kids in as well as adults with this venture. KISS apparently? Ok. I think they got a discount and that's why they booked them, tbh ;)

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is very cool, it's something that I think will relate to most people - rock and roll combined with Hockey has always seemed like a solid combination

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, the pyro at a kiss show, arent they gonna have enough trouble keeping that ice in game shape lol.

I actually think the ice surface won't be that bad.

If they can pull it off in Vegas like the Kings and Rangers did in 1991, LA won't be a problem at all. That was in 95 degree heat at 7:30pm, LA won't see anything like that (unless it's an anomaly) in the middle of January.

lI was just telling a friend of mine, we never see bands at the winter classic that have anything to do with the songs usually played at a hockey game. We can hope Chelsea Dagger can play the soldier field show for the hawks, but you never hear these wimp band songs firing up the crowd during a game that they book for the nbc games.

Dude I have to say that Chelsea Dagger is one of the most retarded songs I have ever heard. And I'm a long time Hawks fan too, it's pathetic for a franchise with such a storied history. It's an embarrassment and I really hope it fades and never comes back. Anywhere. Ever.

I put that song on par with anything from Greenday, aka Pissday in my book - the same three chords, the same sound, no musical talent but wonderful marketing guys.

lAt least kiss is a move in the right direction.

Completely agree.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that the game is in LA I would have thought Van Halen might have been a bit more fitting. But then getting "The Brothers" (as Sammy referred to them) to come out and do anything is virtually impossible. I just was never a big fan & didn't understand all the SportsHoopla surrounding KISS. I mean, some of their songs are ok, but for the most part a lot of them sound the same. Now if you could somehow get GNR to come together (well at least Axl & Slash) then I'd be excited! Performing Welcome To The Jungle followed by Paradise City would be fitting in my book.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let's talk songs payed at hockey games. Enter Sandman, I Wanna Rock and Roll al Night, welcome to the Jungle, Paradise City. Metal Health (Bang Your Head), I Wanna Rock, Were Not Gonna Take It.
The above are just some examples, I'm sure there are others. But they are all Heavy Metal/Rock songs. So if not Kiss than Met, GnR, TS, QR all would be great. KISS is an a led body band that can put on a show.