• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those Rangers fans in the DFW area....Any chance meeting Kyle Seager in the parking lot with a sock full of pennies to the knees?
Nope. Bucket full of quarters on the noggin.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope they keep him and don't decide to move him for some silly reason

Not anxious to see him go either. But it won't be silly if it's a great trade which moves him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have stayed up and brought the Padres thru until the end. The Mariners cannot feel good to giving up so many runs to an inept offense as what the Padres have.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have stayed up and brought the Padres thru until the end. The Mariners cannot feel good to giving up so many runs to an inept offense as what the Padres have.

They're coming into Arlington tied for first, so I'm sure they aren't feeling too bad.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not anxious to see him go either. But it won't be silly if it's a great trade which moves him.

By silly I was referring to moving him just for the sake of doing so, because there is not really a spot for him to play at the moment. I should also state that I don't think that JD would do that, but with Gallo possibly arriving next year and possibly taking over 1B, or AB sliding over there, it still seems there isn't much of a spot. Unless they can move EA or Prince is moved, which seems highly unlikely, I don't know how we can play all these guys.

If he was traded it would likely have to be for a quality starter, or a boatload of prospects because there isn't much of a spot to play anyone you'd acquire, unless you got an upgrade at catcher I guess. Anyway fun to think about all the possibilities

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By silly I was referring to moving him just for the sake of doing so, because there is not really a spot for him to play at the moment. I should also state that I don't think that JD would do that, but with Gallo possibly arriving next year and possibly taking over 1B, or AB sliding over there, it still seems there isn't much of a spot. Unless they can move EA or Prince is moved, which seems highly unlikely, I don't know how we can play all these guys.

If he was traded it would likely have to be for a quality starter, or a boatload of prospects because there isn't much of a spot to play anyone you'd acquire, unless you got an upgrade at catcher I guess. Anyway fun to think about all the possibilities
I think if Prince is on the team next season that it will be a huge mistake.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I'm afraid of is he will be included in a trade that allows us to dump fielder.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To think the Twinkies swept them.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Prince is on the team next season that it will be a huge mistake.

If there is not a significant improvement and I mean on a pretty grand scale, from here on out, I would say his being here next year would be a bad thing for the team

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm afraid of is he will be included in a trade that allows us to dump fielder.

At this point Im not sure Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams would be enough for another team to take Prince and part of what he's owed. Im afraid we eat almost all that one

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, definitely a good spot to be in. I just wonder which one of them is going to have a better MLB career. Seems pretty likely we will be trading Profar at this point IMO. The depth this team has this season is unbelievable but it could probably be used more effectively.

Providing his shoulder holds up, I still see him ending up at SS and then 3B if/when Andrus is traded and when Beltre is done in a couple years

Andrus has actually recouped quite a bit of value with his solid play thus far, might actually be able to get out from under his contract this offseason, won't get much for him but at least they won't have to pay much, if any, of his contract

I certainly don't see us doing anything with Profar or Odor until Profar proves his shoulder is up to par over a whole season and solid play

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar 4, Desmond 8, Mazara 9, Beltre 5, Fielder DH, Rua 7, Moreland 7, Andrus 6, Wilson 2

Much better lineup.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Providing his shoulder holds up, I still see him ending up at SS and then 3B if/when Andrus is traded and when Beltre is done in a couple years

Andrus has actually recouped quite a bit of value with his solid play thus far, might actually be able to get out from under his contract this offseason, won't get much for him but at least they won't have to pay much, if any, of his contract

I certainly don't see us doing anything with Profar or Odor until Profar proves his shoulder is up to par over a whole season and solid play

Man I really hope the shoulder trouble ends up being a thing of the past from here on out

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that came to mind too. To get rid of Prince and his huge $$$$ tag, we will be asked to throw in a MLB ready player.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Lackey is lucky his bitch ass didnt get thrown out of this game a couple times. It sure appeared he was barking at the ump all day about balls and strikes called. I cant stand that jackass but he did have legit gripes however, the ump has been dogshit all day. I do have him on a fantasy team too

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I hear ya. But again, if it's a good trade, it's still a good trade. Some of the best trades are the one's you give up something to get something in return. Of course, some of the better trades are the one's you don't make. ha ha ha

But I could see us keeping him and trading away EA. I know Elvis is playing terrific, but this makes his contract look better to a trade partner doesn't it?

I gotta tell, Profar has looked very good at 2nd as well. And Beltre is getting no younger at 3rd. Plus Profar is still only 23. Lots of positives to keep this young man in the organization.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those Rangers fans in the DFW area....Any chance meeting Kyle Seager in the parking lot with a sock full of pennies to the knees?

Does it count if Odor meets him in the parking lot and gives him a night night right cross, that just puts him to sleep for the weekend? I mean he's not active, technically he's still suspended until tomorrow

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Im not sure Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams would be enough for another team to take Prince and part of what he's owed. Im afraid we eat almost all that one
I would just as soon they eat that money. They are going to have a lot of very young and very cheap talent playing next season so they can afford to dump him and eat almost all of his salary. No more throwing in a prospect to pay someone to take on a bad salary.