• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banny's definitely made some questionable decisions this year but I'm not ready to send him off to the glue factory yet.

gee....we won the division last year and weren't suppose to even make the playoffs....As a rookie manager he lead us to those playoffs and won Manager-of-the-Year in the process.....We're in 1st place on a pace to win 96 games.....Smells like PO again to me.

Are ya sure you wanna go out on that "glue factory limb" all by yourself?

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gee....we won the division last year and weren't suppose to even make the playoffs....As a rookie manager he lead us to those playoffs and won Manager-of-the-Year in the process.....We're in 1st place on a pace to win 96 games.....Smells like PO again to me.

Are ya sure you wanna go out on that "glue factory limb" all by yourself?

I'm saying Banny brings more to the table then he gets credit for recently.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know.....must have not got that message to ya all that clear though. Oops.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm missing the point. Besides misusing the BP and Mitch and Prince it's pretty hard to see much else. Not trying to bash him just being honest.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.....must have not got that message to ya all that clear though. Oops.

Probably should have added a couple of ha-ha-ha's to have made sure. HA

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm missing the point. Besides misusing the BP and Mitch and Prince it's pretty hard to see much else. Not trying to bash him just being honest.

DT....in all due-respect.......this place has become the Bash-Banister-Site for a week plus. That's been my take anyway.

I've got my problems with some of the things Banister has/hasn't done too. Several pretty serious issues actually.

But my goodness, if someone just came here and read what's been posted recently they'd never guess we're in 1st place. They'd assume Jeff is the dumbest, most incompetent manager in baseball. And I'm including the South Korean league.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT....in all due-respect.......this place has become the Bash-Banister-Site for a week plus. That's been my take anyway.

I've got my problems with some of the things Banister has/hasn't done too. Several pretty serious issues actually.

But my goodness, if someone just came here and read what's been posted recently they'd never guess we're in 1st place. They'd assume Jeff is the dumbest, most incompetent manager in baseball. And I'm including the South Korean league.
If he didn't have the outstanding rotation and position players we may be in last place. They have more to do with 1st place then Bany. I said I wasn't bashing him but wanted to know what Eph meant.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. The team is having success based on talent. The managing has been sub-par. Rooster probably isn't even the best manager in the division, I'd say its the guy who manages the As.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys part of managing is managing the clubhouse. While we're all aggravated with things were having a very good start to the season with maybe 3 all stars at this point. The guy does deserve some credit. He's got a good team, but they're not the 2011 Rangers.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wanted to know what Eph meant.

Pretty much this:

Guys part of managing is managing the clubhouse. While we're all aggravated with things were having a very good start to the season. The guy does deserve some credit.

That was it. Didn't mean to stoke a fire or anything. At the end of the day I think we're all glad the Rangers have the record they do, despite any issues we have with how they got there.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think overall Jeff has been a good manager and certainly better than Wash. He does open himself up to criticism in a couple of areas. I don't have any problem with folks harping on those. He does a lot of things well and he could use some improvement in a few areas. I don't agree with those who think he is a bad manager and if there are any who think he is above questioning I wouldn't agree with them either. That is the way I feel about JD also.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think overall Jeff has been a good manager and certainly better than Wash. He does open himself up to criticism in a couple of areas. I don't have any problem with folks harping on those. He does a lot of things well and he could use some improvement in a few areas. I don't agree with those who think he is a bad manager and if there are any who think he is above questioning I wouldn't agree with them either. That is the way I feel about JD also.

JD isn't above criticism, but imo he's the best in the biz.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covered all the bases

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, today I learned that Fernando Tatis has a kid old enough to be a pro ball player.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla crowd, your voices have been heard.

Profar at DH tonight. No Fielder.
I wonder if Bany is giving Fielder a rest or is he seeing the light. Don't want to see Profar DH'ing very often. If Prince sits a while it will not hurt the team but Profar needs to be playing somewhere.