• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: King-less Mariners invade Globe Life 6/3-6-5

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to start off the series with a win. Now Banister show us some managing skills including tough love.

Show some balls and let Odor or Profar DH and let the other play 2B

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry Bmurph, came through as an error on this end.

From what I can tell, the Ali news caused an Internet-wide hiccup.

RIP to the GOAT.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC News ‏@NBCNews 1h1 hour ago
BREAKING: Boxing legend Muhammad Ali, 'the greatest of all time,' has died at 74 http://nbcnews.to/1VCRMf8

CkFFPB8XAAASN7V.jpg

I bet he appreciated Odors right hook more than any ranger fan. It sucks that it happened way before I was born, but his era with guys like Frazier, Foreman, and of course Ali was truly "the greatest". RIP champ.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win...... It seems like Beltre is drinking from the fountain of youth, he looked like he was in his prime tonight.

just a few things that I hated to see:

1) why the hell does banny rooster insist on using Dyson in 4 run games? Does he not know what a fucking closer is? "Save" the closer for save situations and the only time he should be used in a non-save situation is if he hasn't been used in awhile and needs to stay sharp.

2) Fielder....... Why is this retard swinging on 3-0? His best chance at helping the team is to draw a walk. He is so desperate that you can count on him to automatically swing when he has a 2-0 or 3-1 count, regardless of the pitch being thrown.

I'm glad this board is noticing that Mitch sucks also. Barring anything unforeseen, he will be playing for a different team next year. I hope we can continue to have success despite the dead weight and the Rooster showing our entire fan base that he lacks the balls to make a tough decision. I'm thinking we might need JD to do something, like what Billy beane did to Art Howe.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't predict what will happen but I think from a finesseful standpoint you keep Profar in lineup for Prince at least 2 games and then maybe Mitch gets a rest. These are important games between 2 top teams in division and come end of the year who wins these next 2 may be a difference maker. Ranger fans have been patient since 1970s and this could be the year.

Also, I like Profar leading off over Roogie. You can slot in him in at 5. When Gallo is ready not too mention Choo, it wil make this lineup very very formidable. Go Rangers.

PS. Yu is one bad pitcher

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win...... It seems like Beltre is drinking from the fountain of youth, he looked like he was in his prime tonight.

just a few things that I hated to see:

1) why the hell does banny rooster insist on using Dyson in 4 run games? Does he not know what a fucking closer is? "Save" the closer for save situations and the only time he should be used in a non-save situation is if he hasn't been used in awhile and needs to stay sharp.

2) Fielder....... Why is this retard swinging on 3-0? His best chance at helping the team is to draw a walk. He is so desperate that you can count on him to automatically swing when he has a 2-0 or 3-1 count, regardless of the pitch being thrown.

I'm glad this board is noticing that Mitch sucks also. Barring anything unforeseen, he will be playing for a different team next year. I hope we can continue to have success despite the dead weight and the Rooster showing our entire fan base that he lacks the balls to make a tough decision. I'm thinking we might need JD to do something, like what Billy beane did to Art Howe.

Mitch hasn't been this bad the last two seasons. A busted clock is right twice a day.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't predict what will happen but I think from a finesseful standpoint you keep Profar in lineup for Prince at least 2 games and then maybe Mitch gets a rest. These are important games between 2 top teams in division and come end of the year who wins these next 2 may be a difference maker. Ranger fans have been patient since 1970s and this could be the year.

Also, I like Profar leading off over Roogie. You can slot in him in at 5. When Gallo is ready not too mention Choo, it wil make this lineup very very formidable. Go Rangers.

PS. Yu is one bad pitcher
Agree about Profar better in the leadoff spot as well.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from Jamey Newberg this morning.

According to Stefan Stevenson (Fort Worth Star-Telegram), “Fielder may get ‘unplugged,’ as [Jeff] Banister calls it, for [a] couple days VERY soon.” Banister likely doesn’t say to reporters after the game, “What he’s done for us in the absence of Odor has really been exceptional — he’s making a really strong argument for himself,” unless he was already swayed by the argument, or close to it.

Banister doesn’t say things accidentally, or recklessly.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One-third of the way through the season and we are on pace for 96 wins. There could be a very good argument made that this team could actually play better in the last 108 games than they did in the first 54.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One-third of the way through the season and we are on pace for 96 wins. There could be a very good argument made that this team could actually play better in the last 108 games than they did in the first 54.

Darvish plus better results from the BP could help, as well as removing the dead weight from the lineup and inserting the certainly more productive youth. I mean how could any of the youngsters not be more productive than MM and Prince

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish plus better results from the BP could help, as well as removing the dead weight from the lineup and inserting the certainly more productive youth. I mean how could any of the youngsters not be more productive than MM and Prince
I think there are probably a number of the guys in the minors whose names never comes up on this board that could out hit Prince.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think what we might accomplish with a manager who was worth in his weight in salt.

Yeah battled this for awhile, probably would have had a WS already :wash:. Jeff may get it figured out though, eventually

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goes without saying.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think what we might accomplish with a manager who was worth in his weight in salt.

I think it was Jack McKeon who one said something along the lines of "a manager directly affects about 10 games a season."

Banny's definitely made some questionable decisions this year but I'm not ready to send him off to the glue factory yet.