• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kill Tony

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big episode tonight. Been waiting for this one since the news broke…

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What news
Drew will be named a new regular and there MIGHT be a new Golden Ticket winner. Tony mentioned all of this on JRE a few weeks ago, but it is possible the GT winner part was him misspeaking, as Joe was interrupting him at the time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ari sucks.

But Drew is a fucking treasure. That guy rocks!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have never seen him before, you just saw one of the greatest GT winners ever, in Todd. He really needs to cash in on his GT more often.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Jack, but was he REALLY GT worthy?

I’m new to the show. Only watched 3 episodes so far. But this weeks episode jack shaw gave me the hardest laughs.

So I’m ok with the golden ticket. But most of that was during the interview. He nailed it.

But I couldn’t tell if he is a good standup or just so quirky.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the episode with Drew but I've seen snippets and it's just man...if I stop watching the show it will be because of this comic make a wish foundation Tony has going on.

I don't need to hear about Hans Kim doing coke every single Monday. They'd be better served to rotate these comics. Like I've said I've gotten to the point where i sometimes skip the opening set. Especially with Hans.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beauty of the show is in the bucket pulls and the interviews with Random comics.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the episode with Drew but I've seen snippets and it's just man...if I stop watching the show it will be because of this comic make a wish foundation Tony has going on.

I don't need to hear about Hans Kim doing coke every single Monday. They'd be better served to rotate these comics. Like I've said I've gotten to the point where i sometimes skip the opening set. Especially with Hans.
If you have a problem with Make-a-Wish Tony, this show is not for you. It is a running gag that he loves him his retreads.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have a problem with Make-a-Wish Tony, this show is not for you. It is a running gag that he loves him his retreads.

I like to laugh and it's beautiful in today's day and age to have no reverence for PC

Comedy should be allowed to go out of bounds.

But yes I didn't find Drew's stuff to be all that funny. Casey's neurotic bit is at least really interesting in that the bit keeps going during the interview.

I think everyone feels bad for the guy. That only gets so far when his ability to interview is non existent past talking about his strife.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just think as the show continues to amass more popularity he's going to have to pick his spots.

Drew is a nice story. I can't see him hanging around as long as some others have

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m new to the show. Only watched 3 episodes so far. But this weeks episode jack shaw gave me the hardest laughs.

So I’m ok with the golden ticket. But most of that was during the interview. He nailed it.

GTs are VERY rare. They are supposed to be reserved for the super special acts. While I liked Jack, and am not intending to say he isn’t funny, I am just not certain he really met the GT bar.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just think as the show continues to amass more popularity he's going to have to pick his spots.

Drew is a nice story. I can't see him hanging around as long as some others have
Who knows. When William first showed up, he was whacked out on every drug known to man. He was absolutely uncontrollable and was basically just a huge embarrassment to the show. But as he dried up, he found a focus that has really made him a very good comic.

know one knows how Drew will proceed with his comedy career. I agree that it doesn’t seem likely that he will continue to demonstrate good minutes every other week or so. But he has already done about 6 or 7 one-minute sets in his KT career, and they all were well done and they didn’t have the FEEL of just being snippets of a bigger set that they all belong to. They each sound like they are stand alone minutes. Maybe he will crash on burn. Maybe he will find his buoyancy just be OK. Maybe he will explode and become the top name in comedy. Only time will tell.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTs are VERY rare. They are supposed to be reserved for the super special acts. While I liked Jack, and am not intending to say he isn’t funny, I am just not certain he really met the GT bar.

again, i havent seen enough to know how rare it is... but he was by far my favourite of the episode... and it seems like they base who they like more on the interviews than their bits... and his interview was great...

i think the kid deserved more opportunities that this show gives, as this is basically like the apollo or the carson show... its like if you got the seat on the couch... he got the seat on the couch...

what exactly does the golden ticket entail?? cause i know that you dont need to get one for them to load you up with opportunity...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, i havent seen enough to know how rare it is... but he was by far my favourite of the episode... and it seems like they base who they like more on the interviews than their bits... and his interview was great...

i think the kid deserved more opportunities that this show gives, as this is basically like the apollo or the carson show... its like if you got the seat on the couch... he got the seat on the couch...

what exactly does the golden ticket entail?? cause i know that you dont need to get one for them to load you up with opportunity...
By definition (which REALLY doesn’t mean anything, since this show is basically the standup version of professional wrestling) a GT winner can come on to do a minute anytime they want. They have essentially graduated from the bucket. They are basically a part time regular.

It was created back when the show did a lot of road shows and was exclusively given to comics found on the road. It meant that if the comic went to LA or went to another road show, they could get on. But now that the show doesn’t really do road shows anymore, the comic just gets a marketing tool (they can advertise themselves as a KT GT winner) and get on the show somewhat when they want (there are a bunch of GTs now, so it requires coordination with Tony now).

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm so freaking jealous. I can't imagine having 664 episodes that I've never seen before. If you get caught embezzling and get sent to one of those white collar prisons where you have internet access you're all set for a couple years.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on reddit comments I may be the only person who would ever say this but Luis J Gomez is the most underrated guest ever. If anyone else did that eating the kidney stone gag we'd never hear the end of it. Then he gives away a trip to skankfest and Tony just says "yeah pick a winner" at the end of the show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so freaking jealous. I can't imagine having 664 episodes that I've never seen before. If you get caught embezzling and get sent to one of those white collar prisons where you have internet access you're all set for a couple years.
I found this show about 18 months ago (ish). I almost immediately started the LONG trek of a full watch. It took me about 6-9 months to complete, but I consider myself a full historian of the show at this point.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this show about 18 months ago (ish). I almost immediately started the LONG trek of a full watch. It took me about 6-9 months to complete, but I consider myself a full historian of the show at this point.
Yeah me too. Except I think I found it about 6 or 7 years ago (I guess that makes me a hipster) so I've done the full watch a couple times. But the good thing is with as many episodes as there are I can still watch the old ones and not see the punchlines coming and also pick up new tidbits. Now when I'm watching an old episode and hear a good joke I like to search the comic and see how their career is going. A lot of them have quit or haven't done much but there are quite a few who have gotten bigger and ended up back on the show as guests. I remember Brian Simpson had a great set as a bucket pull and I think Jeff Garland offered him a spot opening for him or something. Fast forward to now and he's been on a few things on Netflix and been back to Kill Tony as a guest.