• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiffin to Arky

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with 1 and 3 but, while 2 is true, we still recruit around the same or better than South Carolina, Ole Miss (when Freeze isn't cheating), Mississippi State, Kentucky, Missouri, etc. There isn't a whole lot of difference in recruiting after you get past the top 6-7 teams in the SEC. The crazy thing is the entire division basically recruits in the top 25 on average. Yet here we are getting blown out by WKU and losing to San Jose State :L

Read this morning where some of the BOT is pushing back on Kiffin and want a morality clause in his contract because some are worried about him dating students :pound: we can never just let the AD do his job I guess.
Google state populations and Arkansas has a low percentage. In years past you guys made a living off Texas recruits but that has gotten incredibly harder to do.

It’s tough when you don’t have the state produced talent pool.

Auburn makes their living off of Florida and Georgia and have been doing so for years and there are pipelines.

In the SEC Arkansas and Kentucky have the biggest challenges in geographic recruiting. It’s just fact and it does matter.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google state populations and Arkansas has a low percentage. In years past you guys made a living off Texas recruits but that has gotten incredibly harder to do.

It’s tough when you don’t have the state produced talent pool.

Auburn makes their living off of Florida and Georgia and have been doing so for years and there are pipelines.

In the SEC Arkansas and Kentucky have the biggest challenges in geographic recruiting. It’s just fact and it does matter.

We just signed the most Rivals 4-stars we've ever signed last year though. I agree we aren't getting as many from Texas as we got in the SWC days but our recruiting really hasn't changed much in the last 10-15 years to where it is now yet people are talking about how tough the job is now for some reason just because we're reaching historic lows as a program that IMO has more to do with coaching. Nearly every player who transferred out under Morris did much better at their new school. There is a reason he had a losing record at SMU.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Arky fans,

Any legitimacy to you guys looking at Fuente?

Some people on the VT sites seem to think so but everything I can find looks like pure speculation. Speculation as in some fans think hiring him and Barry Odom (his DC at Memphis) would be good, not speculation from actual insiders

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Arky fans,

Any legitimacy to you guys looking at Fuente?

Some people on the VT sites seem to think so but everything I can find looks like pure speculation. Speculation as in some fans think hiring him and Barry Odom (his DC at Memphis) would be good, not speculation from actual insiders
If that happens you guys should hire Gus.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Leach would leave Washington State but he checks a lot of boxes

He still has connections in Texas to at least keep getting talent in there, and of course he runs a different offensive style which is needed for Arkansas to at least get back to having solid top 25 seasons

He's lashed out to the media a few times this year so that could turn Arkansas off a bit

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.............Growing pains, I guess. Next year, ISU should be one of the pre-season favorites with all of the young offensive skill players returning and another year of Campbell-ism. Wish we..............
Uh....pre-season favorites for what exactly?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang on, I can't get over just how poorly written this is to believe this is real.

Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Christ’s name would Campbell leave Iowa state for fucking Arkansas?
Only reason would be money. How much is he making at Iowa State?

But, Campbell doesn't seem like a only a money chaser to me. Just my perception of him.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh....pre-season favorites for what exactly?
To win the Big Xii. They were picked 3rd this year and came very, very close to making the Big Xii Championship Game. Finished Tied for 3rd and scared the hell out of #1 and #2! They will be better next year.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently our AD has been wanting Kiffin for weeks but Jerry Jones and our BOT wanted to throw $7 million per year at Matt Campbell first and he had until tomorrow to decide and turned it down today so we quickly moved on Kiffin. Yurachek (the AD) came close to hiring Kiffin when he was at Houston. Rumor is the DC would be Randy Shannon. Also heard Chizik mentioned but who knows.

Sounds like he could bring a solid staff with him. He could be a disaster but we need some excitement right now. Just hoping all of the other recent openings don’t change anything.

Here is the thing with Kiffin.

He's a very good offensive coordinator and he has the potential to be a good HC, imo.

I think that what happened with the Raiders, Tennessee (to an extent) and USC is that he moved into those positions before he had the maturity to handle them.

He actually started off well at USC. He was a big reason why we were able to get through the sanctions without having so much as a losing record, let alone several 4-8, 5-7 seasons that many were predicting.

He got a little full of himself, made an enemy of the wrong media member over something petty and stupid, and that was the beginning of the end.

Hopefully, he has learned some humility and gained some maturity. If he has, he could be good for your program.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To win the Big Xii. They were picked 3rd this year and came very, very close to making the Big Xii Championship Game. Finished Tied for 3rd and scared the hell out of #1 and #2! They will be better next year.
You point out the people thinking or writing this.

I'll go smash their goddamn bong.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, at the end of the day all that matters is wins and losses. Y’all would kick our ass for sure. Just glancing at your schedule the other day you have more close losses than I think I could handle in a season.

Happy to see La’Michael Pettway finally receive some good coaching too.
Check out some of the other teams in the Big 12. The whole conference had A LOT of close games. A few breaks and 8-4 teams could have been 4-8 and vice versa. (Texas Tech had four conference losses of less than 3 points and they finished next to last at 2-7. They win 1/2 of those and they are bowl eligible. )

While it might not have any "elite" teams, the whole damn conference was pretty close. Heard some talking heads on XM talking about it so I looked it up. 23 games were decided by 7 points or less. 13 of those 23 by less than 3 points. Only a handful of lopsided scores. Both CCG reps OU and Baylor got by with wimming some of those close ones. Teams 3-8 were pretty close IMO.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out some of the other teams in the Big 12. The whole conference had A LOT of close games. A few breaks and 8-4 teams could have been 4-8 and vice versa. (Texas Tech had four conference losses of less than 3 points and they finished next to last at 2-7. They win 1/2 of those and they are bowl eligible. )

While it might not have any "elite" teams, the whole damn conference was pretty close. Heard some talking heads on XM talking about it so I looked it up. 23 games were decided by 7 points or less. 13 of those 23 by less than 3 points. Only a handful of lopsided scores. Both CCG reps OU and Baylor got by with wimming some of those close ones. Teams 3-8 were pretty close IMO.
Conference play was more "meat grindier" than usual this year, that's for sure.

I fully expect the B12 as a whole to exceed expectations this bowl season as long as the matchups aren't too fucky.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference play was more "meat grindier" than usual this year, that's for sure.

I fully expect the B12 as a whole to exceed expectations this bowl season as long as the matchups aren't too fucky.
Yeah, while their records may not reflect it, even Tech and West Virginia weren't easy outs.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, while their records may not reflect it, even Tech and West Virginia weren't easy outs.

We had a few games were we very easily could have won and been bowl eligible. (Texas, Baylor, Okie jr) Then there were other games were we just looked like absolute ass. (Iowa state and TExasTech)

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WPS You reading any of this?
I am......late to the party. Not a done deal but mutual interest. Potential for Kendal Bryiles as OC, Randy Shannon as DC. I think it’s his to turn down

Norvell and Campbell have already said no. Got a couple of other options in the works if LK passes.

WPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Kiffin keeps telling the Hawgs he wants to dance until FSU announces him as there next HC?
Tinny, you just want him back at Tennessee! :-)