• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KG a Clipper?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

This same trade has been rumored for a couple of weeks now and keeps being denied as just being rumors. I find it somewhat suspect that it keeps resurfacing though. Wojo is pretty solid with his sources so there must be some truth to it. Think it gets done?

I love the deal for the Clippers. Not sure about Boston but only because of Rondo. If they intend to keep Rondo when he's healthy, there's no point in having Bledsoe, who I think can be an all-star caliber PG in the coming years

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I like that trade. Yeah Deandre forsn't nean too much...gets boards and high flying dunks. But Bledsoe is a legit guy coming off the bench. Do you really want to give that up for a guy aging with only a couple yrs left, if that.

Clips have enough talent to win it all right now. Especially w/ Billups back.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Clippers GM im not really considering changing the roster at all, especially for this trade. The lineup they have now is capable of winning it all this year. I think i might go for it if it was Chauncey for KG because your giving up an old guard for an old PF, and you can play without Chauncey but the Celtics wouldn't make that trade lol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

This same trade has been rumored for a couple of weeks now and keeps being denied as just being rumors. I find it somewhat suspect that it keeps resurfacing though. Wojo is pretty solid with his sources so there must be some truth to it. Think it gets done?

I love the deal for the Clippers. Not sure about Boston but only because of Rondo. If they intend to keep Rondo when he's healthy, there's no point in having Bledsoe, who I think can be an all-star caliber PG in the coming years

Supposedly the Celtics are exploring a Rondo to Lakers trade for Dwight Howard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the Celtics are exploring a Rondo to Lakers trade for Dwight Howard.

True. So they that's why they want Bledsoe.

I think Dwight would fit in in Boston. And Doc is a good coach to have for DH, strict, doesn't take any bs. Doubt it happens though.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lakers trade Howard for Rondo, they are throwing in the towel for this year as Rondo is done.

Now I understand Howard isn't doing anything for you, but he definitely gives you something more this year than Rondo can.

I would also like to see teams realize that Howard is worthless and over hyped. With his athletic ability it is an absolute sham what he has done with himself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.^^^

They could make this deal this season, once they realize they aren't going anywhere and out of postseason. Then Nash would head to free agency.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lakers trade Howard for Rondo, they are throwing in the towel for this year as Rondo is done.

Now I understand Howard isn't doing anything for you, but he definitely gives you something more this year than Rondo can.

I would also like to see teams realize that Howard is worthless and over hyped. With his athletic ability it is an absolute sham what he has done with himself.

True but does anyone really think that even IF ( big if) this team makes the playoffs that they can make a run??? I dont, and I am a Lakers fan. Even a Lakers team that makes the playoffs would have a first round matchup with the Spurs or the Thunder so maybe LA is using some foresight and trying to prepare for next year. Even if they traded for Rondo they would still need more pieces to make a real run IMO.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but does anyone really think that even IF ( big if) this team makes the playoffs that they can make a run??? I dont, and I am a Lakers fan. Even a Lakers team that makes the playoffs would have a first round matchup with the Spurs or the Thunder so maybe LA is using some foresight and trying to prepare for next year. Even if they traded for Rondo they would still need more pieces to make a real run IMO.

No, they can't make a run. BUT IMO, they would have at least a shot, just a shot to do something if they got matched up with a team like the Spurs, Spurs are a great season team, but they haven't proven to be a great playoff team as of late, wasn't it last year they as #1 seed got knocked off by #8 Grizzlies?

Now if they draw OKC, it is over. However, just making the playoffs is a big deal to the Lakers and I don't think they are a type of organization that is willing to give up on a season and not make playoffs for potential better future.

I think in LA minds, they would rather get to playoffs this year and hope for a miracle run than to disband this failure of a mess now and set themselves up for the following year knowing that this year is officially over. Maybe this is because they know Kobes time is running out and they want to get as many chances in the playoffs as possible before he retires?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they can't make a run. BUT IMO, they would have at least a shot, just a shot to do something if they got matched up with a team like the Spurs, Spurs are a great season team, but they haven't proven to be a great playoff team as of late, wasn't it last year they as #1 seed got knocked off by #8 Grizzlies?

Now if they draw OKC, it is over. However, just making the playoffs is a big deal to the Lakers and I don't think they are a type of organization that is willing to give up on a season and not make playoffs for potential better future.

I think in LA minds, they would rather get to playoffs this year and hope for a miracle run than to disband this failure of a mess now and set themselves up for the following year knowing that this year is officially over. Maybe this is because they know Kobes time is running out and they want to get as many chances in the playoffs as possible before he retires?

No. They lost to OKC in West Conf Finals.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't trade Howard because you expect to win this year. You trade him because he's not going to resign with the Lakers, and you basically will get nothing for him if you don't move him now.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't trade Howard because you expect to win this year. You trade him because he's not going to resign with the Lakers, and you basically will get nothing for him if you don't move him now.

a trade for Rondo...Who is out already. I understand if they trade him for someone who is currently healthy and active on a roster.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a trade for Rondo...Who is out already. I understand if they trade him for someone who is currently healthy and active on a roster.

I don't think reality has set in for Lakers management or most of their fans.

This team is not going to be competitive no matter WHAT they do this year. There is no point in making any trade that does not prepare them for next year, IE getting ANYTHING for Howard, and dumping salary. Howard isn't the only Laker they need to dump. Gasol, Nash, Artest......NONE of them need to be Lakers next year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think reality has set in for Lakers management or most of their fans.

This team is not going to be competitive no matter WHAT they do this year. There is no point in making any trade that does not prepare them for next year, IE getting ANYTHING for Howard, and dumping salary. Howard isn't the only Laker they need to dump. Gasol, Nash, Artest......NONE of them need to be Lakers next year.

Exactly, it is why I said Lakers would rather make the playoffs this year then to NOT make it and build for the future. To much ego in LA to give up on a season.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it is why I said Lakers would rather make the playoffs this year then to NOT make it and build for the future. To much ego in LA to give up on a season.

I don't even know why they WANT Howard. They blame him for EVERYTHING......even though he's basically putting up the same numbers as Bynum was last year. They are clearly never going to build around him, or make him the focal point of the offense. They should have traded him months ago.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's a report saying KG won't waive his no trade clause under any circumstance but that he also hasn't been approached about any trade. I still think he could be persuaded if push came to shove but we'll see what happens. If I'm Bos, I'm demanding a draft pick too in that trade. Jordan is too raw right now and his contract is a bit stinky for a guy that (right now) just dunks. I want that pick to ease the burden of a potential bad contract.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be extreeeeeeeeeemely disappointed if this happened as I'm a closet Clippers fan and really want to see them put together something in the playoffs. KG is my most hated NBA players over the last decade with Gilbert Arenas at #2.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wojo is reporting now the Clips have stopped talks and that Boston is only interested if Bledsoe and Jordan are involved.