• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love Plans To Opt In For Next Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a theory, it's happening. I spoke with Nostradamus last night and he told me Love is signing with the Lakers this summer. OKC sees what's happening with Durant's foot and contract situation and doesn't think they can keep him. But instead of building around Westbrook, they blow up EVERYTHING and go full Philly mode. LA offers Randle and this year's lottery pick (which lands in the Top 3) in a multi team trade that gets Westbrook back in return. LA builds around Westbrook, Love and Clarkson. OKC starts fresh with all youngsters and draft picks. And Durant ends up in Houston with good buddy Harden. I couldn't believe it either but old Nostradamus hasn't been wrong before.

You didn't happen to get the next lotto numbers from him did you?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't happen to get the next lotto numbers from him did you?

He never gives me those. Says gambling is a sin. Must be that middle ages upbringing of his

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You're probably right about Wiggy.

It really is befuddling. If the Cavs were using all of Love's skills, it would actually make things a lot easier on Lebron and Kyrie. You'd think that Lebron's acknowledgement that he's put a lot of miles on his body (the 2 week vacay for "general soreness") would have been a great opportunity to enhance Love's role.

For whatever reason, the Cavs didn't do that.

Question: Given how things have gone with Love and how good Wiggins has looked, if you're the Cavs and you're offered a "do over", Do you still make that trade?

see this is when i question whether you pay attention. ESPECIALLY because right around that time is when the Cavs played the Lakers and Love's back kept him from moving, and kept him out of games while LeBron was out

I mean- i would totally agree with the sentiment- while LeBron is out- get Love more involved-

WELL- when LeBron was out- when Love was HEALTHY- they did do that.....but Love was not healthy a lot of it- his back has bothered him all year- A lot of games he starts out well in the 1st quarter- but his back tightens up by the end of the game and really struggles.

LeBron James and Kobe Bryant have another memorable showdown and Kevin Love shows toughness: Fedor's five observations | cleveland.com

Kevin Love has already missed one game this season because of back spasms and it looked like his return to Los Angeles, the city where he played his college ball, was going to be cut short.

Love appeared to be less than 100 percent in the first half, hobbling up and down the court and failing to get the proper lift on his outside shots. He finished 1-of-6 from the three-point line, with many of the attempts clanking off the front of the rim.

There was one time in the third quarter where Love signaled to the bench to come out of the game. Trainer Steve Spiro immediately started to work on Love's back and wrapped him like a mummy. He could've stayed on the bench. He probably should have taken the rest of the night off considering his teammates had to pull him up from his chair. But Love asked to go back in and finished the night with a respectable 17 points and seven rebounds in 37 minutes, the second-most of anyone on the roster

The first game LeBron sat out was the Hawks game in late December. That game Love got 8 shots- suffered back spasms and came out of the game- and then Love missed the next game with Milwaukee with back spasms.

Love then came back and was the HIGHER SCORER on the CAvs for the next 3 games- going for 27, 30, 28.- and the next game went for 17and 16 against Houston.

So what happened when LEBron went out? THEY WENT TO KEVIN LOVE EXCEPT WHEN HE WAS INJURED WITH A BAD BACK!!!!

it really BAFFLES me that people say things like they know what they are talkiing about the but the ACTUAL FACTS totally contradict them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love- the games LeBron was out

-Atlanta Hawks Dec 30- Love plays 24 minutes and comes out with back spasms- 1/8 7 pts, 7 boards

-Milwaukee Bucks- Dec 31- Love does not play with back spasms

-Charlotte Hornets- Jan 2- Love goes 9/15 for a team high 27 points, 5 boards

-Dallas Mavs- Jan 4th- Love goes for 11/21 for a team high 30 points and 10 boards

-Philly 76'erse on Jan 5 Love goes 8/18 for a team high 28 points and 19 rebounds

-Houston Rockets Jan 7th- Love goes 7/19 for 17 points and 16 boards

-Golden State Jan 9th- Love goes 6/11 for 17 points and 14 boards

-Sacramento Jan 11th- Love goes 10/21 for a team high 25 points and 10 boards

Those are the games LeBron missed

what did the Cavs do in those games? THEY WENT TO KEVIN LOVE WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY ENOUGH TO BEA GO-TO GUY!!!!!!

unreal what some people will just say without any kind of backup. Its just unreal

In the 6 games he played a full game HE WAS THE HIGH SOCERE IN 4 of the GAMES and Kyrie was in the other 2!

PRECISELY WHAT THEY DID WAS GO TO LOVE WHEN LEBRON WAS OUT....geezus....do people just make shit up for fun?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love's back has me seriously questioning whether id give the guy 5 years. HE starts off great in the first quarter- but by the 4th quarter it tightens up on him and some games he cant even play come late in the game.

If I am the CAvs- you are protected somewhat - because you are not relying on Love to be #1, or even really #2....

but If i am a team that needs Love to be #1, Id question giving him 20-28million a year- which is what he might command once the new TV deal kicks in. If Dan G. wants to do so- its not my money- if they want him as the 3rd guy....

if some other team that is a cellar dweller thinks Love can turn around their franchise- I would be VERY VERY suspicious of that.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, two players who the Cavaliers could develop alongside Lebron, in order to get Love was a dumb decision. They only are guaranteed Love for this season, and Wiggins has become very skilled in Minnesota. Imagine if the Cavaliers had Wiggins, Bennett, Irving, James, Mosgov, Shumpert, Smith, Marion, Miller, and Jones. Now that would be a deep roster to contend with.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make all of the bullshit excuses you want. The Cavs aren't using Kevin Love's full skillset.

All of that crap. 3 loooong posts in row (as usual).

Do you honestly think anyone reads all of that shit? I read maybe a sentence or 2 and I already know what the rest says.

All of that work. Just to be wrong (as usual). :L

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love- the games LeBron was out

-Atlanta Hawks Dec 30- Love plays 24 minutes and comes out with back spasms- 1/8 7 pts, 7 boards

-Milwaukee Bucks- Dec 31- Love does not play with back spasms

-Charlotte Hornets- Jan 2- Love goes 9/15 for a team high 27 points, 5 boards

-Dallas Mavs- Jan 4th- Love goes for 11/21 for a team high 30 points and 10 boards

-Philly 76'erse on Jan 5 Love goes 8/18 for a team high 28 points and 19 rebounds

-Houston Rockets Jan 7th- Love goes 7/19 for 17 points and 16 boards

-Golden State Jan 9th- Love goes 6/11 for 17 points and 14 boards

-Sacramento Jan 11th- Love goes 10/21 for a team high 25 points and 10 boards

Those are the games LeBron missed

what did the Cavs do in those games? THEY WENT TO KEVIN LOVE WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY ENOUGH TO BEA GO-TO GUY!!!!!!

unreal what some people will just say without any kind of backup. Its just unreal

In the 6 games he played a full game HE WAS THE HIGH SOCERE IN 4 of the GAMES and Kyrie was in the other 2!

PRECISELY WHAT THEY DID WAS GO TO LOVE WHEN LEBRON WAS OUT....geezus....do people just make shit up for fun?

You can make all of the bullshit excuses you want. The Cavs aren't using Kevin Love's full skillset.

All of that crap. 3 loooong posts in row (as usual).

Do you honestly think anyone reads all of that shit? I read maybe a sentence or 2 and I already know what the rest says.

All of that work. Just to be wrong (as usual). :L

Its a catch 22, just like with Bosh.

Is Love willing to sacrifice the prime years of his career in order to make James' game easier or does he want/need /hope to be the top gun?

Wiggy, WHO CARES how he is used when James doesn't play? When James doesn't play THEY LOSE.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a catch 22, just like with Bosh.

Is Love willing to sacrifice the prime years of his career in order to make James' game easier or does he want/need /hope to be the top gun?

Wiggy, WHO CARES how he is used when James doesn't play? When James doesn't play THEY LOSE.

not when Kyrie goes for a LEAGUE high 55 with a game winner!!! :)

actually, im sorry- about that- that 55 was not the league high, i mispoke,

57 is the league high.... :) :) :)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not when Kyrie goes for a LEAGUE high 55 with a game winner!!! :)

actually, im sorry- about that- that 55 was not the league high, i mispoke,

57 is the league high.... :) :) :)

Thanks for further supporting my position.

You are happy that it took that type of a performance to win a home game vs a team in the middle of a long cross country trip?

If I were the Cavs/ Cavs fans, I'd be pretty embarrassed about their record without James.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I wrote above- i nthose games James missed- Love also missed games and was not close to healthy in some of the games he did play- As was the case with Kyrie- Kyrie missed time while LeBron was out- and was not totally healthy in the games he did play- in addition to that- they had just lost Varejao, in addition to that- they had just turned over a decent part of their roster through trades.

That streak in December was a perfect storm of crap. Thats why I thought it was so funny all that all these people thought the Cavs were panicking.

What they were doing was finishing the reconstruction of the team that had started last July. Not surprisingly- once everyone got healthy, and all the new players got acclimated- they have been tearing shit up.

Kyrie especially has taken a large step this year from being a very talented, but unfinished product in alot of ways- to being a dominant player.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland should of never made this trade. I said this before the season. Love was not a good fit. he needs to be at least the #2 on a team to make him happy. This will hurt Cleveland Big time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland should of never made this trade. I said this before the season. Love was not a good fit. he needs to be at least the #2 on a team to make him happy. This will hurt Cleveland Big time.

ya know when it wont hur tthem? when they attempt to win a title starting with the playoffs. Then itll help. A lot. Theres like 5 guys in the league at 17 and 10 every night.

The Bulls cant even get out of the East ever because they dont have that elite talent at the top of the roster. They have a lot of B+ guys. Not many A guys- and the Cavs have 3 A guys.

Its what wins in the playoffs. Its why despite the Hawks record NO ONE is picking them over the Cavs. They have a lot of B+ guys-

and A guys win in the playoffs. Something you know as a Bulls fan from watching your team the last few years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know when it wont hur tthem? when they attempt to win a title starting with the playoffs. Then itll help. A lot. Theres like 5 guys in the league at 17 and 10 every night.

The Bulls cant even get out of the East ever because they dont have that elite talent at the top of the roster. They have a lot of B+ guys. Not many A guys- and the Cavs have 3 A guys.

Its what wins in the playoffs. Its why despite the Hawks record NO ONE is picking them over the Cavs. They have a lot of B+ guys-

and A guys win in the playoffs. Something you know as a Bulls fan from watching your team the last few years.

Yet we could write a book with all the reasons and excuses that you've made as to why not winning a title is acceptable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet we could write a book with all the reasons and excuses that you've made as to why not winning a title is acceptable.

Its not acceptable over the course of this teams run- that is for sure. If they look back 5 years from now and did not win a title - or even did win 1 but only 1- i think it would be a major disssapointment- having LeBron, Kyrie, and maybe Love together for a 5 year span and "only" getting 1-

however- as long as Love stays- which personally i think he will since the Cavs can offer both the most money and best shot to win- this is probably the most vulnerable the Cavs will be to losing- being in their first year together with a new coach who is a 1st time NBA coach, a fully turned over roster, and figuring out how their stars play together - especially since 2 of those stars have never played with another real legit all star and have never made the playoffs.

Just like year 1 in Miami where LeBron and Wade still played my turn-your turn, Love and LeBron really have not gotten on the same page yet. There is still time this year, but it takes time- especially when you have a coach like Blatt who is far from proven in the NBA. Its definitely a positive that Kyrie has been great and got great chemistry with LeBron very very early- and has proven to be the best player LeBron has played with except possibly still-in-prime Dwade in that same 2011 season.

If the Cavs do not win at least 2 titles in the next 5 years ill be majorly dissapointed- if they miss the Finals- at this point with how they have played- i would be majorly dissapointed--- if they lose to the Spurs or Golden State i would be dissapointed at the result but I think that overall it would be a very good season and make them poised and in perfect position to finish the job next year. Shit in some ways if they win it this year I think they could become complacent going forward.

Whatever happens- I expect at least 2 titles in the next 5 years- EVEN IF Love leaves- since there wont be a better combo in the league than Bron/Kyrie and Gilbert will spend whatever it takes to add talent around those 2

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put it this way- if the Cavs in the next 5 years win 2 titles- and ones not this year- I think LeBron would be just fine with that... would he be happy? i dunno....I think he would definitely be happy with 3 titles in 5 years.

Me as a Cleveland fan my whole life- id be perfectly happy with 2 in 5 years- no matter how they get it- and at the end of that 5 years LeBron will probably still be pretty good- but he probably wont be a top 5 player.- Kyrie just might be though. THATS when, even if Love is still here- they will feel the effects of that trade- because 5 yeras from now a team of LeBron, Kyrie and Wiggins could still probably win it-

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before they made the trade, I pointed out in one of these threads that every skill Love brings to the table can be replicated by the rest of their roster collectively and, as a result, they'd be better off keeping Wiggs for the perimeter defense. I was assuming that Varejao would be healthy (yeah, I know, LOL at that.......) and didn't foresee the trade for Shump's perimeter defense, but the Cavs are basically doing just that - collectively replicating Love's production - every time he's out. Three point shooters? They have those. Rebounders? They have those, too. Passers? Check....that's about it, isn't it? I'm almost certain that if they had a do-over, they pass on that trade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put it this way- if the Cavs in the next 5 years win 2 titles- and ones not this year- I think LeBron would be just fine with that... would he be happy? i dunno....I think he would definitely be happy with 3 titles in 5 years.

Me as a Cleveland fan my whole life- id be perfectly happy with 2 in 5 years- no matter how they get it- and at the end of that 5 years LeBron will probably still be pretty good- but he probably wont be a top 5 player.- Kyrie just might be though. THATS when, even if Love is still here- they will feel the effects of that trade- because 5 yeras from now a team of LeBron, Kyrie and Wiggins could still probably win it-

MY BELIEF is that James won't play past his mid 30's (depending on which records he's in reach of).
By then he will have either won a ring for the Cavs or NEVER will.
He doesn't need the NBA to stay in the spotlight and my guess is that he will want to watch his kids play, etc..

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it should be rather hilarious how many people "conveniently" skip over this thread...especially because it clearly contradicts a lot of people talking out of their you know what...

lmao