• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love " I don't plan on opting out"

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone not on the kool-aid at the time he said this, knew he was lying. It made zero sense for him to not opt-out. One serious injury & his future value plummets. So cash in while you can.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was also in January. Why would he not opt out and try to get a little over another $2 mil?
Whether he stays or not I never personally planned on him coming back for sure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was also in January. Why would he not opt out and try to get a little over another $2 mil?
Whether he stays or not I never personally planned on him coming back for sure.

:L I'm not touching this one. The rest of you have fun though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a consequence of the CBA, today's players don't consider loyalty as a factor in their professional and financial decisions as they once did. They have been trained to think that their professional experience is a business and there is plenty of evidence throughout history to support their approach.

With Love, he has taken a beating trying to be genuine in his experience early on in his career and because he has been burned a number of times when he did disclose his intentions prematurely, he isn't going to say much or he is just going to throw out a response to the ravenous press who are always looking to "break" a story these days.

It is part of doing business these days and it is unfortunate. So if he stated back then there was no way he was leaving Cleveland, obviously he wasn't telling the truth or he changed his mind and doesn't give a rats ass what people think as he has now opted-out of his Cleveland contract and has officially gone FA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something. I didnt read the entire article, just highlights lol

He said he didn't plan on opting out, then he opted out. Unless you think there is a time limit on keeping one's word, it doesn't matter that he said it in January. I get that he was in a "must lie situation," (like we all tried to tell you guys) but you yourself said that if he didn't intend to opt in, he just wouldn't have said anything.

In mid-January, he was opting in for the $16.7 million that he would be due if he didn't opt out. The Cavs can pay him what? $19 million? Why opt out for a mere $2.3 million more? $2.3 million might be a lot to the rest of us, but when you're making $16.7 million, it's not much of a raise.

What I also find funny is that on another thread, you claimed that if he opted out and left, he wasn't interested in winning, just money. Yet, if he signs a 1 year deal for $19 million, that's okay because it means he's about winning.

Seems to me, he could have sent a strong message to the Cavs and their fans if he'd have just opted in like he said he planned on doing in January.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the injuries he has had, it makes really good sense for Love to opt out and get the best deal possible even if he doesn't get more money, a 4 or 5 year deal worth 60 million is practically guaranteed to happen. He may have been talking with his hear and intention, but what else you expect him to say in the middle of a season? Once the season was done, though his agent obviously set him straight as to what he needs to do. That's just good business

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he didn't plan on opting out, then he opted out. Unless you think there is a time limit on keeping one's word, it doesn't matter that he said it in January. I get that he was in a "must lie situation," (like we all tried to tell you guys) but you yourself said that if he didn't intend to opt in, he just wouldn't have said anything.

In mid-January, he was opting in for the $16.7 million that he would be due if he didn't opt out. The Cavs can pay him what? $19 million? Why opt out for a mere $2.3 million more? $2.3 million might be a lot to the rest of us, but when you're making $16.7 million, it's not much of a raise.

What I also find funny is that on another thread, you claimed that if he opted out and left, he wasn't interested in winning, just money. Yet, if he signs a 1 year deal for $19 million, that's okay because it means he's about winning.

Seems to me, he could have sent a strong message to the Cavs and their fans if he'd have just opted in like he said he planned on doing in January.

Was he not asked the question like he was in June?

I understand but what I am saying is why not opt out and get an extra 2 mil and still sign with the Cavs. I'm sure he wants to keep his options open for the future still so that is mainly the factor. Maybe it is just a statement that feels like he needs more respect. Lets just let it play out, I hate all this social media confusing everyone.

Just like when Lebron came back to Cleveland all these false reports and bullshit. Most people thought he was staying in Miami. The point is I dont care if he "lied" and if he leaves I wish him the best.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the injuries he has had, it makes really good sense for Love to opt out and get the best deal possible even if he doesn't get more money, a 4 or 5 year deal worth 60 million is practically guaranteed to happen. He may have been talking with his hear and intention, but what else you expect him to say in the middle of a season? Once the season was done, though his agent obviously set him straight as to what he needs to do. That's just good business

It's pretty unlikely that he is going to sign a 4 or 5 year deal with anyone right now. That wouldn't make much sense unless he knows something about his injuries that the Cavs and the rest of the league doesn't.

The most likely scenario is that he re-signs for 1 year with Cleveland or someone else (most likely Cleveland, imo) and then signs a 4 or 5 year deal after this coming season when the cap goes up and he can get even more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he not asked the question like he was in June?

I understand but what I am saying is why not opt out and get an extra 2 mil and still sign with the Cavs. I'm sure he wants to keep his options open for the future still so that is mainly the factor. Maybe it is just a statement that feels like he needs more respect. Lets just let it play out, I hate all this social media confusing everyone.

Just like when Lebron came back to Cleveland all these false reports and bullshit. Most people thought he was staying in Miami. The point is I dont care if he "lied" and if he leaves I wish him the best.

Well, that didn't really answer anything in my post. But okay, I guess.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you want him in LA?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Love is resigning with Cleveland and if not careful, he will get traded....LOL. Will be interesting. The Cavs could be in cap hell.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you want him in LA?

Honestly, I'm on the fence about it. The Lakers already have Randle, so Love seems unnecessary. However, as another Lakers fan pointed out to me, why not get him and worst case, the Lakers end up trading him or Randle in a year or 2.

If the rumor of the Lakers trading the #2 and Randle for Cousins ends up being true, then I would definitely want him in LA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey....Retro.

What do you want for your SportsHoopla cash? Name your price!!!

I am not sure its transferable DJ. Besides, TJF12 has twice as much as I do. Maybe you might want to check with him.