• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have stated that they intend to sign with the Lakers during the upcoming free agency period. Interesting, eh? :clap:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Love is pretty much in the fold but I think Westbrook may be enticed away to the Knicks with a boatload of cash whiffed under his nose! Perhaps Derek Fisher may sway Westbrook to the Lakeshow. We shall see...

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it's no secret Love wants to be a Laker & it was also reported on Lakers nation not too long ago. I'm not to sure about Westbrook. OKC will not let him walk so easily in 2015, but all things depend also on his health. IMO once you start having knee procedure after knee procedure, that's a big red flag for me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be awesome but right now i'd say there's less than 10% chance of BOTH of them coming this way.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bleacher Report is a sorry excuse for a website.

You can't find a better source than that?

That may be, but they are not wrong on this subject. Like I said previously it was also reported by Lakers Nation a few weeks ago on Loves desire to be a Lakers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt9LjBc76qE]Lakers Rumors: Kevin Love Favoring Los Angeles Lakers In Free Agency? - YouTube[/ame]

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook FA is years away, right? Like 2017. I think Durant is up before he is

But the Love news isn't news. That's been floating around for about 2 years now and especially starting gaining traction when Minny stiffed him on his contract.

Here's more interesting news that I read from ESPN's Chad Ford, Kyrie Irving wants out of Cleveland. He indicates Cleveland will desperately try to acquire talent at the deadline to get better and convince him to stay. Irving is a restricted FA next year, meaning Cleveland can still keep him by matching offers. But its just something to keep an eye on.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be, but they are not wrong on this subject. Like I said previously it was also reported by Lakers Nation a few weeks ago on Loves desire to be a Laker.

Laker fans would like to believe that of course, but the source you mention doesn't sound like the world's most objective.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be, but they are not wrong on this subject. Like I said previously it was also reported by Lakers Nation a few weeks ago on Loves desire to be a Laker.

Laker fans would like to believe that of course, but the source you mention doesn't sound like the world's most objective.

Nothing is really objective 100% right now, anything could happen. Love won't be a FA until 2015, but it's clear he wants out of Minnesota & prefers the West Coast it doesn't have to be the Lakers, but he has connections in LA & his family I believe is from Portland Oregon. No way he will go to an Eastern Conference team.

I say the Lakers will be the front runners to sign him in 2015, & in case you ask will they have the cap space ?? front office has already said they will go over the cap if the team can contend. Money is not an issue.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook FA is years away, right? Like 2017. I think Durant is up before he is

But the Love news isn't news. That's been floating around for about 2 years now and especially starting gaining traction when Minny stiffed him on his contract.

Here's more interesting news that I read from ESPN's Chad Ford, Kyrie Irving wants out of Cleveland. He indicates Cleveland will desperately try to acquire talent at the deadline to get better and convince him to stay. Irving is a restricted FA next year, meaning Cleveland can still keep him by matching offers. But its just something to keep an eye on.

No, 2016. The Lakers can sign Love after next season and Westbrook the following when Kobe's contract comes off the books.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And a Celtics fan sounds objective when it comes to the Lakers?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is really objective 100% right now, anything could happen. Love won't be a FA until 2015, but it's clear he wants out of Minnesota & prefers the West Coast it doesn't have to be the Lakers, but he has connections in LA & his family I believe is from Portland Oregon. No way he will go to an Eastern Conference team.

I say the Lakers will be the front runners to sign him in 2015, & in case you ask will they have the cap space ?? front office has already said they will go over the cap if the team can contend. Money is not an issue.

Additionally, Kobe's contract leaves room for another max player and when he retires after the new 2 year deal is up, they can sign another max FA.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, 2016. The Lakers can sign Love after next season and Westbrook the following when Kobe's contract comes off the books.

You sure? I just quickly glanced over a search and everything I see has Westbrook available in 2017. Does he have an ETO before that?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares that much about Westbrook anyway, and he got injured again. I'll have to wait and see before I say I want Westbrook to come over (there should be plenty of time anyway lol). Add in a good player from the draft and the Lakers are looking like a pretty desirable places over the next couple of years.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Westbrook is fast becoming another Nash health-wise especially his knees are turning into mush. Haven't we learned anything from Nash? I say if Kyrie wants out of Cleveland, send them Nash, Blake, and Kaman straight up for Kyrie.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a Celtics fan sounds objective when it comes to the Lakers?

Not totally, but I'm not as anti-Laker as many Cs fans are. I'm more anti-New York than anti-LA.

Getting back to Mr. Love, I have ancestral ties to Minnesota so would like to see him stay with the Timberwolves.
If he does leave Minnesota there are NBA teams in California other than the Lakers and he could go to one of them.
That would be okay with me.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Westbrook is fast becoming another Nash health-wise especially his knees are turning into mush. Haven't we learned anything from Nash? I say if Kyrie wants out of Cleveland, send them Nash, Blake, and Kaman straight up for Kyrie.

The difference is that Nash is 40, Westbrook isn't. Besides, we've got a couple of seasons to make sure he can stay healthy.