• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper Help

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR, 1/10 yards rec/rush, bonus points for TDs over 40 yards, 1/50 return yards.

We ultimately keep 3 players, 2 offensive players and 1 IDP. We have to make those cuts around July 4th. There are no draft pick restrictions on keepers, you just keep them for as long as you like.

BUT, on Super Bowl Sunday, we have to cut our rosters down to 5. Of those 5, at least 1 must be a defensive player, since we have to keep 1 on July 4th. Also, we can't trade until AFTER we have named our 5 man roster.

Here is my dilemma. I have a couple guys who I would like to play wait n see (which is the main purpose of this 5 man roster) with to see what comes of their situation. But I can't keep them all on my 5 man roster. Also, I have a couple of keeperable IDPs, so I could put 2 on my 5 man roster and there's a good chance I'll be able to trade one of them to a guy who I have worked with before on off season IDP deals... meaning, I'm confident that we can make a deal and we will be able to come up with a fair value for the player.

So, here's what I got...

RB LeShon McCoy - Injured a lot this season, but put up #s when healthy. May be in a committee next year, but will get the main back in that committee and put up solid #s, imo.

RB Lamar Miller - Who knows what is going to happen in Miami, plus he is a FA. If he walks to say, Dallas (?), he could be a top 5 back.

WR AJ Green - I'm actually dangling him around. I figure if I can get enough value for him, it would be worth it to trade him and keep McCoy and Miller or someone else.

WR Jarvis Landry - He actually outscored AJ Green and was probably more consistent. Return yards help him a little, but he is a PPR monster.

WR Calvin Johnson - After 2 down years, he may be on the wrong side of his peak. He may also be on his way out of Detroit and depending on where he lands, his value could be anywhere from mid range WR2 to solid WR1.

LB Lavonte David - Probably my IDP keeper.

LB Navarro Bowman - Probably my IDP trade bait...

LB D'Qwell Jackson - Unless my buddy prefers him.

So, who would be on the chopping block? Should I keep the 2 IDPs and go for the sure fire trade for a solid mid round pick, or keep 4 offensive players and try to trade one of them for something higher?

A couple of things about releasing all but 1 IDP. I am stuck with the guy (David, most likely) no matter what. Injury, suspension, death, whatever happens to him over the off season. If I have 2 IDPs, I can always keep the other guy.

Also, if I keep 1 IDP, it would mean that I am throwing Bowman (and Jackson) back into the draft pool, which strengthens it. I have a few extra picks in the rounds that some of the higher ranked IDPs usually go, so it would help me on draft day to make my opponent keep a much weaker player and I would still have a solid chance of drafting Bowman next year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep whatever IDP you want + all the offensive players except Calvin for your 5.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with consensus.

Also, IDP...puke. Why? So boring.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, rather than start a new thread, I'll just hijack my own thread about a different keeper league. This league is one where you keep 2 players and give up the round that you drafted the player at type thing. WW moves cost you an 8th round pick.

Interesting thing about this league is that the keeper rules are set up for this year only and starting next year, we will be going to a full dynasty league. So, the guys we keep this year are going to be used to build our dynasty teams.

12 teams, standard lineup with flex, standard scoring with .5 PPR.

Need 2 keepers out of...

Adrian Peterson - I can keep him for my 1st round pick, #11 overall.

Deandre Hopkins - 3rd round (again, from the 11 spot)

Latavius Murray - 4th (early 4th)

Martavius Bryant - 5th

Jeremy Langford - 8th

Jamal Charles - 8th

Mark Ingram - 8th

Keenan Allen - 8th

Realistically, I think DHop is a lock and the 2nd comes down to Peterson, Ingram, Charles, and maybe Allen. Although, if Langford looks like he will be the man, he could sneak in there. I think there is a chance to get ADP back if I keep Hopkins and say, Ingram (who I think I'm leaning towards), since we are moving to a dynasty league and people may be scared to draft older guys. Again... thanks in advance.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, rather than start a new thread, I'll just hijack my own thread about a different keeper league. This league is one where you keep 2 players and give up the round that you drafted the player at type thing. WW moves cost you an 8th round pick.

Interesting thing about this league is that the keeper rules are set up for this year only and starting next year, we will be going to a full dynasty league. So, the guys we keep this year are going to be used to build our dynasty teams.

Need 2 keepers out of...

Martavius Bryant - 5th

Jeremy Langford - 8th

Jamal Charles - 8th

Mark Ingram - 8th

Keenan Allen - 8th

Realistically, I think DHop is a lock and the 2nd comes down to Peterson, Ingram, Charles, and maybe Allen. Although, if Langford looks like he will be the man, he could sneak in there. I think there is a chance to get ADP back if I keep Hopkins and say, Ingram (who I think I'm leaning towards), since we are moving to a dynasty league and people may be scared to draft older guys. Again... thanks in advance.
Hopkins then either M. Bryant or Allen, I'd go Allen since he's a eight vs Bryant at 5th. However I'd be torn because Bryant is a TD machine.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need 2 keepers out of...

Martavius Bryant - 5th

Jeremy Langford - 8th

Jamal Charles - 8th

Mark Ingram - 8th

Keenan Allen - 8th

Impossible to answer right now.... But Charles and langford are the 2 that excite me the most... Just need to know more information about them... Hopkins, although is great value i do think he has some smoke and mirrors to him, he was ONLY really great because of the quantity....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible to answer right now.... But Charles and langford are the 2 that excite me the most... Just need to know more information about them... Hopkins, although is great value i do think he has some smoke and mirrors to him, he was ONLY really great because of the quantity....

He put up points no matter who was throwing to him, though. He could average 20 ppg with me at QB. Although, I do agree that this question will probably answer itself by the time I actually have to declare. But, you know, it's the end of January. Gotta keep it on the front of the stove, so it doesn't pass me by.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He put up points no matter who was throwing to him, though. He could average 20 ppg with me at QB. Although, I do agree that this question will probably answer itself by the time I actually have to declare. But, you know, it's the end of January. Gotta keep it on the front of the stove, so it doesn't pass me by.

Look at his numbers again, and look at his YPC... it was not great for an elite WR... and its not like the QB situation is going to get better anytime soon...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd lean towards Hopkins (3rd) and Allen (8th). You'd have 2 yardage-heavy and highly-targeted PPR receivers, and can focus on two strong RB early.

Langford is intriguing (8th). But Kadeem Carey still may be in the mix for the Bears too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this is transitioning to a dynasty, I am less concerned with this season and will be focusing on players most likely to provide you plus value for the next 5+..

That is Hopkins and Langford.

The other RBs are nearing the end, I don't think you can rely on Bryant, and as good as Allen is, I would rather roll the dice in an RB who has shown a 3 down skill set.