• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KC rule change proposal

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Kansas City Chiefs are proposing a rule that would prohibit a quarterback from falling to the ground, getting up, then throwing a forward pass. The Seahawks might not like this proposed change.

WHY ? What a dumb proposal... If the QB is not down by contact why can't he get up and throw a pass ? I think that's an exciting play when it happens, which isn't very much anyway....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Kansas City Chiefs are proposing a rule that would prohibit a quarterback from falling to the ground, getting up, then throwing a forward pass. The Seahawks might not like this proposed change.
WHY ? What a dumb proposal... If the QB is not down by contact why can't he get up and throw a pass ? I think that's an exciting play when it happens, which isn't very much anyway....

Their argument isn't unreasonable. Defenders are taught to be very cautious going after QBs so when a QB falls to the ground they have a tendency to let up.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their argument isn't unreasonable. Defenders are taught to be very cautious going after QBs so when a QB falls to the ground they have a tendency to let up.

Just touch um down... I think the QB can still get up and run, he just can't throw it down field... So that exciting Rusell Wilson throw in the playoffs will be eliminated in the future... He can only run with it... I hope that get's shot down because it's a stupid proposal....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats patently absurd and will only get qbs hurt more often if they cant get up and throw the ball away.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats patently absurd and will only get qbs hurt more often if they cant get up and throw the ball away.

Winner! Agreed entirely. Most QBs that aren't as mobile as Russell Wilson for example are pretty quick to pick it up and throw it away because they know defenders are bearing down on them. So now for majority of QBs one of two things is gonna happen:

1) Just auto take the sack. Well that was stupid.
2) Less mobile/athletic QBs may get up and try to run and get creamed in the process.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true, but still if a QB just slips, I'd hate to see it count as down, especial if no defender is close.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but still if a QB just slips, I'd hate to see it count as down, especial if no defender is close.

I'd hate to see it, because no other player on the field is limited on what he can do if he goes down and isn't touched. We're not talking about sliding and then continuing, we're talking about a QB being stepping on by the center, tripping and then getting up to continue the play. Ridiculous.

What happened to the Chiefs this season for them to be all pissy about this?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Smith better get his track shoes on if this lame rule gets passed.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how it is in college... I guess is not something we're not use to seeing...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how it is in college... I guess is not something we're not use to seeing...

Yeah, It's still a fun play to watch though when it happens... I would hate to see the NFL take that away, even though you rarely see it...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but isn't that any player goes down, their down, not just the QB? Or am I misreading this.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the proposed rule that the player is DOWN or just cannot throw a forward pass once returning to his feet?

I say it's not a horrible rule because I think that one play Manning made where he flopped in the face of a rush and then got back up to complete a pass was pretty weak, but I also wouldn't want this to eliminate a dramatic Russell-type play that is fun to watch and is one of the reasons he's so good.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the proposed rule that the player is DOWN or just cannot throw a forward pass once returning to his feet?

I say it's not a horrible rule because I think that one play Manning made where he flopped in the face of a rush and then got back up to complete a pass was pretty weak, but I also wouldn't want this to eliminate a dramatic Russell-type play that is fun to watch and is one of the reasons he's so good.

So unnecessary though, how often do we see QB's fall down and get up and actually make a play down field ? Not very often... It's not worth making a rule to stop it... It's actually extremely difficult for a QB to pull that off, timing is everything and once a QB falls down usually it's a busted play...