• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers missed the Royals so they head up I-35: TEX @ KC 4/17-19

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where have I heard the term "arm fatigue" before :think:

At least kick the tires on the guy and see if they can figure out what is wrong and maybe take the chance that they can fix him, would only cost a couple hundred grand. If he is just burned out give him until August before starting to ramp him up or try to find and fix a mechanical issue. He could end up being a valuable piece going down the stretch when other players are getting tired and worn down... :noidea:
He's only pitched 200 innings once since 2016 and that was in 2018 and his ERA was 3.90. He hasn't had a good year since then. Whose spot would he take?

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only pitched 200 innings once since 2016 and that was in 2018 and his ERA was 3.90. He hasn't had a good year since then. Whose spot would he take?
I meant sit down and have a conversation with him to see what he or the club thinks the issues could be and would he be willing to work with the club to fix them without him being placed on the 40 for the present time. It could be something as simple as he's just mentally burned out and needs more time off. Or it could be a physical/mechanical issue that could be resolved with the coaches/trainers/therapists or it could be something worse that he needs surgery to fix. You don't know anything until you have the initial conversation and go from there, if the club decides it's worth it then cool in not then so be it...

But unless I miss my guess Bochy would love to give the guy a shot at fixing what ails him cause he knows what he can bring to the table/team. Someone with that many rings can be an important voice in that clubhouse and can instill confidence in the other players that they are capable of getting to the WS and winning... :nod: