• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KC or RGIII has to go.....Here's why!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now before the naysayers jump in with their take, read on to understand why this must be done.
First we currently have two players with two distinct styles of play. If the plan is to build around RGIII then KC has to go because the offense does not suit his strengths. In fact his presence adversely affects the ground game. The opposite is true of an offense built to KC's strengths. Some time ago I posted a thread titled, "Square pegs into round holes." That outlined this front offices' penchant to misfit this team with players that don't fit the scheme or are being recast into positions that don't suit them. That said....doesn't it make better sense to have a QB in the backup position who has a reasonable chance at maintanining continuity? Don't be fooled I actually like KC, he is a really good understudy that has to learn how to protect the ball, but he was not drafted to be the franchise guy. As it stands now I say both KC and CM are in audition mode....as backups or starters elsewhere. That is of course, unless future plans are to eliminate the need for RGIII.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now before the naysayers jump in with their take, read on to understand why this must be done.
First we currently have two players with two distinct styles of play. If the plan is to build around RGIII then KC has to go because the offense does not suit his strengths. In fact his presence adversely affects the ground game. The opposite is true of an offense built to KC's strengths. Some time ago I posted a thread titled, "Square pegs into round holes." That outlined this front offices' penchant to misfit this team with players that don't fit the scheme or are being recast into positions that don't suit them. That said....doesn't it make better sense to have a QB in the backup position who has a reasonable chance at maintanining continuity? Don't be fooled I actually like KC, he is a really good understudy that has to learn how to protect the ball, but he was not drafted to be the franchise guy. As it stands now I say both KC and CM are in audition mode....as backups or starters elsewhere. That is of course, unless future plans are to eliminate the need for RGIII.

So if you get rid of KC and CM, who do you replace him with? RG3 type QBs that can play in the NFL are rare.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you get rid of KC and CM, who do you replace him with? RG3 type QBs that can play in the NFL are rare.[/QUOTE3]

Either find the guy or go the other way! Doesn't matter to me! This is the kind of thing that has to end with this team. For more than 20 years indecision has been its' hallmark. Remember when J. Campbell was the earlier version of RGIII? Isn't he still playing? Not saying to bring him back, just that there are guys in the league that are better suited to backup RGIII in an offense designed for him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either find the guy or go the other way! Doesn't matter to me! This is the kind of thing that has to end with this team. For more than 20 years indecision has been its' hallmark. Remember when J. Campbell was the earlier version of RGIII? Isn't he still playing? Not saying to bring him back, just that there are guys in the league that are better suited to backup RGIII in an offense designed for him.

I'm with you. You can find that guy in the draft.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying and it's an interesting take. But to find a QB that plays like RGIII means investing in a guy like Joe Webb or whatever. Team has enough needs to spend a pick on a guy like that, especially when the backup they have now has shown to be effective at times in both this offense as well as last years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see a need to do that but if you are to make a choice then i say Rg3 needs to go

because i get the impression from this board that the fan base here doesnt want Rg3 and they think he will be a failure

so go to what you want and get a pocket passer

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)There are few thing more poisonous to a football team than a QB controversy. End it as soon as possible.

2) You have a QB (RG3) who likes to run and gets hit more then he should. Has his skill set shown to be so valuable that he is worth the investment when all evidence suggest he is not going to last very long? (health wise)

3) RG is also a polarizing figure. Makes no difference if it's self inflicted or not, fair or not. The baggage that comes with that is only worth carrying if he is carrying the team along with it. Is he?

These are some questions Skins fans have to ask themselves.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're basically right. Choose an identity, and go with it already.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as an issue at all. Clearly Cousins can play with the same offense his problem has been turnovers, not a difference in offensive philosphy.

As far as the run game being effected by Cousins starting there may be some effect but Cousins can run the same plays as Griffin. Of course Griffin is faster. I would say more of an effect on the run game is because of the HC. His philosophy although supposedly the same as the previous coach is not at least the same commitment we saw in previous years. Really we haven't seen Griffin as an effective runner since the Baltimore game in 2012.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this as an issue at all. Clearly Cousins can play with the same offense his problem has been turnovers, not a difference in offensive philosphy.

As far as the run game being effected by Cousins starting there may be some effect but Cousins can run the same plays as Griffin. Of course Griffin is faster. I would say more of an effect on the run game is because of the HC. His philosophy although supposedly the same as the previous coach is not at least the same commitment we saw in previous years. Really we haven't seen Griffin as an effective runner since the Baltimore game in 2012.

he was effective vs the jags . 2 nice runs

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell, That's not saying much at all......The Jags loss to Wendy Williams and the ding-a-ling crew! Williams, himself, quarterbacked and ran for nearly 100 yards!!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trud dad and I suspect he could have been effective in later games if he did not get hurt. Two runs is not enough of a sample size and it was against Jacksonville where everybody looked good.

My point about the running game is I believe one of the big differences in the reduced yardage is because of the coaching change. We knew coming in that Gruden liked to pass and was not as dedicated to the run as Shanahan was.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1)There are few thing more poisonous to a football team than a QB controversy. End it as soon as possible.

2) You have a QB (RG3) who likes to run and gets hit more then he should. Has his skill set shown to be so valuable that he is worth the investment when all evidence suggest he is not going to last very long? (health wise)

3) RG is also a polarizing figure. Makes no difference if it's self inflicted or not, fair or not. The baggage that comes with that is only worth carrying if he is carrying the team along with it. Is he?

These are some questions Skins fans have to ask themselves.

What QB controversy? That ship has sailed IMO with Kirk's recent performances. I'm also not convinced that Griffin has not learned to protect himself better. He certainly was not reckless on the play he got hurt on, he was simply making a play. He showed the ability to slide in Game 1, a shocking development.

Hardly a guarantee that he will remain healthy but I think there's a good chance we will see an improvement over the stupid decisions he made in preseason Especially after sitting out another injury.