• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KC best team in the NFL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW who would of thought that KC would be the best team in the NFL right now. Alex Smith doing a great leading this team. He just wins football games. They have a nice young Defense, have a Running game and a QB that knows how to run an offense.

KC is 1 win away from giving SF another 2nd rd pick.

I am shocked that KC is the last team standing at 7-0. Imagine a KC vs SF superbowl.

Is KC the best team in Football? its peoples opinion but the facts say they are right now.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW who would of thought that KC would be the best team in the NFL right now. Alex Smith doing a great leading this team. He just wins football games. They have a nice young Defense, have a Running game and a QB that knows how to run an offense.

KC is 1 win away from giving SF another 2nd rd pick.

I am shocked that KC is the last team standing at 7-0. Imagine a KC vs SF superbowl.

Is KC the best team in Football? its peoples opinion but the facts say they are right now.

They have the best record and they are pretty good but I don't think they are the best team, largely due to the fact that Alex Smith is a liability. I think the Broncos, Colts, Saints, Seahawks, and maybe the 49ers are all better teams.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No way KC is the best. Alex does his thing and he's very good at it. Their D is solid and they don't make mistakes on STs. They play a style of football that leads to success in the regular season. It's kind of like the Oakland A's in that respect...Alex has found a formula that works and it pays off overall. Limit your turnovers at all cost, make great pre-snap reads, and capitalize every time you're in the red zone. It's a recipe for success.

Offenses become so in-sync by the time the playoffs come around that it's pretty tough to rely so heavily on your D these days. Especially with all the rule changes geared against the D. With that said, I think it's definitely a possibility they could get to the Super Bowl. Alex would have to catch fire like he did a couple years ago in the playoffs. Is it likely? I don't think so. But it's definitely a legitimate possibility.

Here's who I have ranked ahead of the Chiefs right now in terms of Super Bowl chances:
Seahawks
Colts
Broncos
Niners
Saints
Green Bay

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said they're the best team in the NFL? I don't even think they're top-5.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs haven't really played anybody yet... We'll know more when they face the Broncos in Mile high.. Looking back at there schedule it's been a pretty easy one..

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. The Seahawks, Broncos, Colts, 9ers, and Packers are all better IMO. They do have a top 5 Defense.

I think the Chiefs would beat the Packers 4 times out of 5. One dimensional offenses don't usually do well against top defenses. And the Packer's secondary is so bad they have already made Alex Smith look like a top QB as recently as last season.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. The Seahawks, Broncos, Colts, 9ers, and Packers are all better IMO. They do have a top 5 Defense.

Broncos, Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, Patriots, and it's a toss-up with teams like the Colts and Packers.

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to remember including this week that 4 out of there last 5 games were at home, including the last three in a row. Pretty favorable schedule so far.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also have to remember including this week that 4 out of there last 5 games were at home, including the last three in a row. Pretty favorable schedule so far.

How are you going to react when people say that about the Seahawks at the end of the year? Chances are pretty good that come January Seattle will have only had 3 playoff teams on their schedule: 49ers, Colts, and Saints. Only winning because of a strong homefield advantage and a favorable schedule. Last place teams shouldn't get 1st place schedules. 2nd place teams shouldn't get 1st place schedules.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver > KC, at least offensively, but they've had an easy schedule, too. Now, they've looked great at it, but if people gave the schedule-discount, they'd be saying, they're not as great as they seem because look at their schedule. Still great but not as much as people have gushed. But rather, people take a good KC team and say they are not as good as the seem because look at their schedule. Both, so far, could have a schedule discount. Luckily for both, they get to prove it when they play the harder parts of their schedule. Denver started that harder part yesterday night against Indy.

Again, I'm not saying KC > Denver, so don't try to argue that. KC's Defense > Denver's Defense. Denver's offense > KC defense. Now, they will have to see if KC's defense plus keeping Manning on the bench > Denver's offense when pressured and manned like Indy did.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different opinions but right now they have the best record and right now they are the best. Either way I am still shocked how good they are after coming off a what 2-14 season. Impressive.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC needs to start losing some games, it's a guarantee they'll get 8 wins, so a nice losing streak is in order. I don't think they'd beat the Seahawks, Broncos, Colts, or 49ers.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Different opinions but right now they have the best record and right now they are the best. Either way I am still shocked how good they are after coming off a what 2-14 season. Impressive.

Having the best record doens't make you the best team. If we were to apply that logic down the chain, then better record = better team. That would make the Jets a top 12 team in the league.

And since we would have to ignore strength of schedule (KC's opponents are 15-34) we can apply this same logic to college. Is Fresno State better than Stanford, A&M and Clemson?

The Chiefs have played exactly won team with a winning record, and that's the 4-3 Cowboys. They managed to get the Titans without Locker and the Texans without Schaub.

Look at who they've played:
Jacksonville
Dallas
Philly
NYG
Tennessee (without Locker)
Oakland
Houston (without Schaub)

Not exactly murderer's row.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs aren't the best team but they are damn good. Their defense is enough to keep them in any game, their offense needs to continue to gel, we did see more success against the Texans in getting the ball to Bowe. The Chiefs might be a force down the stretch, I've said it time and again that they are a mirror image of us a couple years back when we went to the NFC Championship.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their opponents are 15-34 but if they had lost to all their opponents than that record would be 22-27. Not great, but they kind of hurt that record. Plus, if the team they played lost a key player later and thus lost a few games, that would hurt their record but would not reflect who they played. Having said that, they played the Titans without Locker and Houston without Schaub. However, Schsub wasn't playing very well. His backup *may* have played better than he would have.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes overall KC is a good team and right now they are playing like they are the best team. Do I think they are the best team talent wise no but that is why they play the game.

I would love to see a SF vs KC Superbowl. That would be crazy.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes overall KC is a good team and right now they are playing like they are the best team. Do I think they are the best team talent wise no but that is why they play the game.

I would love to see a SF vs KC Superbowl. That would be crazy.

I'd love it because it'd be a guaranteed win! We'd probably set the Super Bowl record for Sacks with Alex back there

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Their opponents are 15-34 but if they had lost to all their opponents than that record would be 22-27. Not great, but they kind of hurt that record. Plus, if the team they played lost a key player later and thus lost a few games, that would hurt their record but would not reflect who they played. Having said that, they played the Titans without Locker and Houston without Schaub. However, Schsub wasn't playing very well. His backup *may* have played better than he would have.

22-27 is still bad.

I guess my question is would KC be the best team in the league if they allowed 2 more points this week? Had they lost to Houston, would you still call them the best team in the league? What if NO beat NE?

It seems like you're basing this 100% off the records around the league.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am basing this off record. I have mention that a couple of times. Right now if season ended today they would be a #1 seed. That means the best team. Do I think they are the best team no. That is why there are a lot of different opinions. The fact is they are #1 right now.