• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just put yourself in the shoes of Kawhi. Other Spurs players would just casually bring him up; Parker was the real **** about it. And Kawhi's going to make sure Parker's the scape goat for him leaving.

No, I TOTALLY get it.

My only point was why even show up to that March meeting then if the Parker deal was the last straw?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if I'm the Suns and I need a PG...I'm definitely still going for that deal, especially since he'll be ready for camp. Even then, it's not like the Suns, or any one of these young teams will be competing for years to come anyways

Yeah, meniscus isn't too bad a problem. If it were an ACL, that would be a much bigger deal.

It's certainly not a good thing. But could be a whole lot worse.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But, I read that's his ONLY car.

I would totally get me a convertible 73 mustang.

But, that bitch would be bubble wrapped in the garage only coming out for special occasions.

He drives his truck errrrrrday!

Hey, if the car is in great shape and he likes it, why not keep it and drive it?

I find it kind of refreshing.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if the car is in great shape and he likes it, why not keep it and drive it?

I find it kind of refreshing.

He's probably got most of his $ in smart investments and shit. Unlike a lot of broke ass athletes who have to keep playing as long as they can.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second, have you guys been watching basketball over the last few years? Positions are basically irrelevant. If you have versatile defenders who can guard multiple positions, and offensive playmakers surrounded by teammates who can stretch the floor, you have everything you need.

To be fair, "positionless basketball" is a relatively new thing in the NBA. I think folks try to embrace it, but the whole idea of "positions" is pretty ingrained in most folks heads.

When someone (I forget who) asked what position Ingram would play, I started typing out a post about it and then remembered about positionless basketball and deleted it. lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem though.

DeMarcus Cousins puts up big numbers. But, he has never done a damn thing to make any of his teams significantly better. He has efficiency issues and although not all his fault, he is the type of player that tends to suck all the air out of the room. Kind of like Westbrook.

And now he is coming off a major injury and may never be the same.

Don't get me wrong, I would be ecstatic if the Wizards found a way to add Cousins, but they are stuck and have no better options. The Lakers do. COusins is not worth the risk for them.
Yeah, the Injuries are a huge risk, but if healthy, he'd make an LBJ Lakers team a beast. Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, LBJ and Cousins would be an interesting match-up, for the Warriors. They would be athletic enough to matchup on the perimeter, and the Dubs would have no answer for Cousins down low

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Sheridan has thought Kawhi to the Sixers is the most likely result for a while and its what i agree with as well. The Brown/Pop connection, they are in the East....I can see the Spurs liking Saric and Covington...get a draft pick or two...

Yeah, I don't know if that will be better than whatever the Lakers best offer ends up being. But it seems like it would be close enough that the Spurs could take that trade and not look stupid.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Injuries are a huge risk, but if healthy, he'd make an LBJ Lakers team a beast. Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, LBJ and Cousins would be an interesting match-up, for the Warriors. They would be athletic enough to matchup on the perimeter, and the Dubs would have no answer for Cousins down low

Cousins can also stretch the defense with his 3-point shooting but I agree.....he'd spend a lot of time in the post. If they bring him back, McGee would get destroyed......LOL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree.

Perimeter defense for that group would be pretty average, IMO. Cousins isn't a great defender either.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.

Perimeter defense for that group would be pretty average, IMO. Cousins isn't a great defender either.

Ball, Kuzma, and Ingram are all pretty solid defenders.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

That is why I couldn't believe so many on here thought Kawhi and the Spurs would work it out. Kawhi isn't the type to accept the biggest paycheck in a spot where he isn't happy.

Yeah, I thought sure they'd get it worked out. I guess things were worse than I thought, which you addressed directly, if memory serves and I still thought they'd work things out.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought sure they'd get it worked out. I guess things were worse than I thought, which you addressed directly, if memory serves and I still thought they'd work things out.

Saw some weird comments about a gang bang in March that Leonard may have missed out on.

I don't know. :scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball, Kuzma, and Ingram are all pretty solid defenders.

Solid, sure. Solid doesn't play that well against the Warriors though. You need to be able to get very physical on the perimeter. That group is too big and slow to be able to effectively apply that type of pressure.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKERS might be losing their minds now.
This is starting to feel like Hershel Walker. The Lakers are obsessed and some of the reports are ridiculous.

They are now rumored to be offering a package that no sane person would ever offer.

Magic Johnson foolishly painted himself into a corner by offering his resignation.
It makes him desperate to give away far too much now in order to avoid personal embarassment.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LAKERS might be losing their minds now.
This is starting to feel like Hershel Walker. The Lakers are obsessed and some of the reports are ridiculous.

They are now rumored to be offering a package that no sane person would ever offer.

Magic Johnson foolishly painted himself into a corner by offering his resignation.
It makes him desperate to give away far too much now in order to avoid personal embarassment.

James is en route to Los Angeles on a plane.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs insist on Ingram.....the Lakers should sign and trade Andre Ingram to SA. Maybe, they won't notice.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs insist on Ingram.....the Lakers should sign and trade Andre Ingram to SA. Maybe, they won't notice.

There is no freaking way Ingram should be holding up a deal for Leonard.

jesus.

You still have Ball and Hart plus you'd have Bron and kawhi.

Maybe PG13 too.