• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pick in 3 years, a guy who has not faced NBA competition, a roleplayer, and a guy who played 14 games and forgot how to shoot. This is what matches Ball, Kuzma and Ingram. Okay.

The 76ers can add in more than that and it is a offer that doesn’t have to be better than LA, just good enough. A package of: Fultz (not keen on), Covington, TLC, Zaire Smith, 19 and 21 (PHX) 1st rd picks, possibly Saric.

That isn’t as good as Kuzma and Ingram but since the Spurs aren’t interested in Ball, from reports, that offer is that much better than the 76ers. Boston would hold the cards bc they have better assets to offer than anyone

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 76ers can add in more than that and it is a offer that doesn’t have to be better than LA, just good enough. A package of: Fultz (not keen on), Covington, TLC, Zaire Smith, 19 and 21 (PHX) 1st rd picks, possibly Saric.

That isn’t as good as Kuzma and Ingram but since the Spurs aren’t interested in Ball, from reports, that offer is that much better than the 76ers. Boston would hold the cards bc they have better assets to offer than anyone

The Celtics could offer the most. The question is whether they would be willing to break up the team.

One advantage that the Sixers have that no other team has is that Kawhi is using their doctor. Oh and Brett Brown has a relationship with Kawhi already.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball was arguably the WORST shooter in the league last year. Yet somehow that is ignored by Laker fans.

Robert Covington, AGAIN, was All-NBA defensive 1st team. He was a starter for one of the top 6 teams in basketball last year. But somehow he's become a bench player.

I do like how you dismiss future assets like they don't matter. Kinda how the Lakers lost the No. 10 pick this year.

You guys are too funny.

Ball made 36% and 30%.

Fultz 40.5% and 0%.

Weren't you saying Markelle's shot can be fixed? Yes, you were. If his shot can be fixed, why can't Lonzo's?

:scratch:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future assets are great, just not when it's the most valuable piece in a trade where you're sending a top 5 player away. Covington is a great addition to a contender, not necessarily the Spurs next year without Kawhi.

The Spurs are not looking to rebuild right now. They need immediate returns for Kawhi.

He's a really nice player on a contender....but here's the thing:

He's 27 and just finished his 5th season. He is what he is. A good defender that averages 12.6ppg and 5.4rpg. Nothing special to trade for Leonard.

And Fultz' trade value is at a low right now after a disappointing rookie season and being locked out of playing in the postseason.

And the Sixers would be silly to offer much more than that and a draft pick with no guarantee he'll come back. Since it's common knowledge he wants to play in Los Angeles.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball was arguably the WORST shooter in the league last year. Yet somehow that is ignored by Laker fans.

No it isn't. Not at all. Every Lakers fan on here has said that he needs to improve his shooting.

What HAS been ignored, by most everyone else (you included) is his pace, passing, rebounding and defense.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what Boston offers.

But, if the Spurs are dead set on dealing him East, it could be. Lakers could beat that offer for sure, but again, not by enough to offset the Spurs interest in dealing Kawhi east. Especially if the reports are true that the Spurs don't really want Lonzo.
Want Lonzo for what?

They already have their backcourt of the future.

Unless they are immediately shipping him someplace else, It makes perfect sense why they wouldn't want him.

Plus, after this Kawhi situation, there is zero chance they want any part of Lavar.

I like Lonzo. But, he's not currently good enough to endure putting up with his father's Shit.

Kuzma and Ingram would be the guys that I'd target.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want Lonzo for what?

They already have their backcourt of the future.

Unless they are immediately shipping him someplace else, It makes perfect sense why they wouldn't want him.

Kuzma and Ingram would be the guys that I'd target.

Yeah, that's where a 3rd team would need to get involved. You send Kawhi to the Lakers...Ingram and Kuz to the Spurs and Ball to the 3rd team.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's where a 3rd team would need to get involved. You send Kawhi to the Lakers...Ingram and Kuz to the Spurs and Ball to the 3rd team.
Lakers would absolutely have to dump the Deng contract in that trade though and they would not want to do that trade until they have spoken to LeBron James and have gauged his response. If LeBron specified who will be coming with him and how much each player is asking for and how many years - then the Lakers would have to decide if it was worth it. I am guessing, however that If the Lakers end up

Giving Lonzo Ball and Deng to the third team
Ingram and Kuzma and a couple of picks to the Spurs

Receives Leonard
and signs Lebron + the player LeBron is going to demand be signed

Then I think the Lakers would roll the dice on that one.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't. Not at all. Every Lakers fan on here has said that he needs to improve his shooting.

What HAS been ignored, by most everyone else (you included) is his pace, passing, rebounding and defense.
Point guards don't normally do a lot of shooting any way. If Ball works on his shot and can bring it up to 15 ppg, then with his rebounding, assists and other skills will be almost as good as most point guards already established. I am estimating, that he will need one more season to develop into a really good player though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

RW
Harden
Lilliard
Wall
Curry

said hold our beers.

I could have kept going but think you get the point.
My point is that I am not concerned about Ball's shooting in the first year - disappointing - yes, a disaster or a bad omen - no - but LaVar Ball was my greatest concern last year before he was drafted and still is - He is a pain in the Ass, so I would understand if he was traded. My thoughts is I wouldn't trade anyone until I had discussions with free agents and had my pulse on what was going to come -

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that I am not concerned about Ball's shooting in the first year - disappointing - yes, a disaster or a bad omen - no - but LaVar Ball was my greatest concern last year before he was drafted and still is - He is a pain in the Ass, so I would understand if he was traded. My thoughts is I wouldn't trade anyone until I had discussions with free agents and had my pulse on what was going to come -

That doesn't seem to be the point of the comment at all.

"Point guards don't normally do a lot of shooting any way."

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point guards don't normally do a lot of shooting any way. If Ball works on his shot and can bring it up to 15 ppg, then with his rebounding, assists and other skills will be almost as good as most point guards already established. I am estimating, that he will need one more season to develop into a really good player though

Do you even watch basketball? No wonder you suck at fantasy basketball.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball made 36% and 30%.

Fultz 40.5% and 0%.

Weren't you saying Markelle's shot can be fixed? Yes, you were. If his shot can be fixed, why can't Lonzo's?

:scratch:

Of course Lonzo's shot can be fixed as well. Although I would argue that his hitch is a huge problem that will make it more difficult.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that the Lakers need to gut their team to make the trade. The Sixers don't.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa whoa. I have REPEATEDLY said that Ball is far from a finished product. Unless you are someone like Bennett who looked completely lost on the court, judging a player as a rookie is a terrible idea.

This is especially true of point guards who almost always take more time to develop. No point not named Magic Johnson* was an impact player as a rookie.

We overanalyze all of these players today.

* - Ben Simmons is also a player in that vein depending on how you look at him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Spurs have Murray who also was NBA all-defense, got to question how much they value Fultz if at all. If the Celtics are offering a Jaylen Brown/Kyrie package I'm taking that all day. Even a Brown/Horford package above that Philly deal, personally.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have Murray who also was NBA all-defense, got to question how much they value Fultz if at all. If the Celtics are offering a Jaylen Brown/Kyrie package I'm taking that all day. Even a Brown/Horford package above that Philly deal, personally.

I doubt they would offer Brown and Kyrie and I also doubt SA would want that Horford contract especially when they have Aldridge. They would want Brown or Tatum along with young players and picks. The C’s. can offer the most but they might not be willing to bc they want to see what their current roster can do

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's aren't giving up either Kyrie/Horford plus Jaylen Brown plus pick(s) for Kawhi. Horford makes the least sense for all teams involved.

We could debate about whether they should do such a thing if given an opportunity, but the point is moot because they're not going to for a rental.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny, because Ball shot almost the exact same percentages as Smart, who's considered likely for a hefty raise for his defense. His shooting is excused (as a multi-year vet), but as a rookie for some reason Ball is vilified for his shooting. It's not like Smart was a low draft pick either (#6 overall). Everyone just wants to bag on the Ball family.