• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Fultz is tradeable. As it stands he was not a major factor in them being a 52 win team last year.

How the Sixers Can Have Their Cake and Eat It, Too

Huh. Kevin O'Connor, Celtics fan, thinks that the Sixers could get Kawhi for Fultz, Zhaire, the Miami pick, and Dario Saric plus some change. Crazy.

Who know what will happen w/ the big name FA's. It's nothing but a guessing game right now so I'm gonna stay out of it. It's fun to speculate though. I think Kawhi & Klay Thompson should end up in Boston though. But I might just be a bit biased.:nod:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who know what will happen w/ the big name FA's. It's nothing but a guessing game right now so I'm gonna stay out of it. It's fun to speculate though. I think Kawhi & Klay Thompson should end up in Boston though. But I might just be a bit biased.:nod:

None of us know what any team will actually offer in a trade. Laker fans seem to think that the Spurs should just lay down and accept whatever trade the Lakers offer because reasons.

I honestly don't want the Sixes to trade Fultz. A broken jump shot, that used to be pretty solid, is usually a fixable problem. And if he can fix his jump shot he will be a very good player.

Obviously for Kawhi, you do what you gotta do. Kawhi has been treated by the Sixers team physician so I'm guessing the Sixers have a pretty good feel for how healthy, or not, Kawhi is. If he is healthy I think they will make a huge push for him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us know what any team will actually offer in a trade. Laker fans seem to think that the Spurs should just lay down and accept whatever trade the Lakers offer because reasons.

I honestly don't want the Sixes to trade Fultz. A broken jump shot, that used to be pretty solid, is usually a fixable problem. And if he can fix his jump shot he will be a very good player.

Obviously for Kawhi, you do what you gotta do. Kawhi has been treated by the Sixers team physician so I'm guessing the Sixers have a pretty good feel for how healthy, or not, Kawhi is. If he is healthy I think they will make a huge push for him.

I'm just gonna sit back & watch what happens. I'm feeling pretty damn good about where the Celtics are night now. Although the thought of Kawhi (my favorite NBAer) or LeBron in Philly scares the hell outta me.

I hope Fultz can fix his rookie problems. Don't wanna see another Anthony Bennett repeat anytime soon, well unless said player's from meeeechegan or dook. It was sad to see him try to play in the NBA since I always root for all former Runnin' Rebels.

As far as some Lakers fans it is kinda bizarre how they think getting 1 of the top 5 players in the league (when healthy) will only take a lopsided deal to get him in the Purple & Gold. The best I heard was Kawhi for Ingram straight up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different topic just for a second. Looks like the Nuggets will offer Jokic a 5 year 147m contract. I've enjoyed watching him get better all 3 years in the league. His pts, rebs & asts have gone up each year.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just isn't true.

Fultz defintely has a lot more value than Hart.

Fultz might prove to be a total bust, but his potential is worth more than Jason Hart who will probably always be a solid rotational piece by has little upside beyond that.

A ton of potential but not too many #1 picks flat out forget how to shoot and miss games due to mysterious injury/mental issues. I think any organization should think twice about trading anything of worth for him at this point. If he plays next year and performs well then that could change, but the Sixers just drafted 2 guards in the first round.

Do you think Fultz/Covington and picks gets it done for Kawhi? I don't, and that is the deal he is claiming is better than anything the Lakers can offer. Fultz who is a huge question mark even to the team that traded up to draft him and a good roleplayer in Covington, who's certainly not a superstar.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ton of potential but not too many #1 picks flat out forget how to shoot and miss games due to mysterious injury/mental issues. I think any organization should think twice about trading anything of worth for him at this point. If he plays next year and performs well then that could change, but the Sixers just drafted 2 guards in the first round.

Do you think Fultz/Covington and picks gets it done for Kawhi? I don't, and that is the deal he is claiming is better than anything the Lakers can offer. Fultz who is a huge question mark even to the team that traded up to draft him and a good roleplayer in Covington, who's certainly not a superstar.

It depends on what Boston offers.

But, if the Spurs are dead set on dealing him East, it could be. Lakers could beat that offer for sure, but again, not by enough to offset the Spurs interest in dealing Kawhi east. Especially if the reports are true that the Spurs don't really want Lonzo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A. I didn't say that the Lakers CAN'T offer more. They could offer Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and next year's 1st and maybe the 2021 1st. They could do that. You think they will.

B. And, FTR, it was Fultz/Covington/Zhaire Smith and the 2021 Miami unprotected pick. What is the trade offer the Lakers are realistically going to offer that clearly is superior to that?

Honestly prior to the draft I was questioning whether the Sixers were really willing to give up all that for Kawhi. But, IMO, the fact that they made the Bridges/Smith trade and the comments from Brett Brown indicate to me that the Sixers are willing to go all in.

The problem for the Lakers is that in order to match that offer they need to gut their team. The Sixers can offer that and are giving up one starter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. I didn't say that the Lakers CAN'T offer more. They could offer Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and next year's 1st and maybe the 2021 1st. They could do that. You think they will.

B. And, FTR, it was Fultz/Covington/Zhaire Smith and the 2021 Miami unprotected pick. What is the trade offer the Lakers are realistically going to offer that clearly is superior to that?

Honestly prior to the draft I was questioning whether the Sixers were really willing to give up all that for Kawhi. But, IMO, the fact that they made the Bridges/Smith trade and the comments from Brett Brown indicate to me that the Sixers are willing to go all in.

The problem for the Lakers is that in order to match that offer they need to gut their team. The Sixers can offer that and are giving up one starter.
And, FTR, it was Fultz/Covington/Zhaire Smith and the 2021 Miami unprotected pick. What is the trade offer the Lakers are realistically going to offer that clearly is superior to that?

The Lakers cannot offer anything that is that good if you ask me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, FTR, it was Fultz/Covington/Zhaire Smith and the 2021 Miami unprotected pick. What is the trade offer the Lakers are realistically going to offer that clearly is superior to that?

The Lakers cannot offer anything that is that good if you ask me.

Lakers best offer is very comparable to that, but it all comes down to how you value the prospects. If you like Smith and Fultz, the 6er package is best. If you like Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram, it is the Lakers.

The Laker prospects are superior, but that Miami pick is potentially very valuable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers best offer is very comparable to that, but it all comes down to how you value the prospects. If you like Smith and Fultz, the 6er package is best. If you like Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram, it is the Lakers.

The Laker prospects are superior, but that Miami pick is potentially very valuable.

Do you really think the Lakers would trade Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but that would make the deal notably less desirable for the Spurs.

Eh.

They would have to add picks and possibly get a 3rd team involved,

But the LA superteam fear is a bit overblown. If they build it, then so what? SA isn't competing with LA or GS anytime soon anyway if they deal Kawhi.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pick in 3 years, a guy who has not faced NBA competition, a roleplayer, and a guy who played 14 games and forgot how to shoot. This is what matches Ball, Kuzma and Ingram. Okay.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh.

They would have to add picks and possibly get a 3rd team involved,

But the LA superteam fear is a bit overblown. If they build it, then so what? SA isn't competing with LA or GS anytime soon anyway if they deal Kawhi.

I guess it is possible that some other team would take on Deng's contract for a 2020 1st round pick but it seems unlikely to me. Unless it were unprotected. Maybe then.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pick in 3 years, a guy who has not faced NBA competition, a roleplayer, and a guy who played 14 games and forgot how to shoot. This is what matches Ball, Kuzma and Ingram. Okay.

Ball was arguably the WORST shooter in the league last year. Yet somehow that is ignored by Laker fans.

Robert Covington, AGAIN, was All-NBA defensive 1st team. He was a starter for one of the top 6 teams in basketball last year. But somehow he's become a bench player.

I do like how you dismiss future assets like they don't matter. Kinda how the Lakers lost the No. 10 pick this year.

You guys are too funny.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball was arguably the WORST shooter in the league last year. Yet somehow that is ignored by Laker fans.

Robert Covington, AGAIN, was All-NBA defensive 1st team. He was a starter for one of the top 6 teams in basketball last year. But somehow he's become a bench player.

I do like how you dismiss future assets like they don't matter. Kinda how the Lakers lost the No. 10 pick this year.

You guys are too funny.

Future assets are great, just not when it's the most valuable piece in a trade where you're sending a top 5 player away. Covington is a great addition to a contender, not necessarily the Spurs next year without Kawhi.

The Spurs are not looking to rebuild right now. They need immediate returns for Kawhi.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future assets are great, just not when it's the most valuable piece in a trade where you're sending a top 5 player away. Covington is a great addition to a contender, not necessarily the Spurs next year without Kawhi.

Covington is a pretty solid asset because he can help just about ANY team and he doesn't cost a lot.

FTR, I don't believe that the Lakers are going to offer Kuzma, Ball and Ingram for Kawhi. The only way that makes even a little sense is if they get Lebron and PG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys are too funny.

Tristan Thompson & Deandre Jordan had a better FT% than Lonzo.:laugh3:

imageserwer.jpg

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covington is a pretty solid asset because he can help just about ANY team and he doesn't cost a lot.

FTR, I don't believe that the Lakers are going to offer Kuzma, Ball and Ingram for Kawhi. The only way that makes even a little sense is if they get Lebron and PG.

I agree with you, but Kawhi would only have to tough out 1 bad season before the big free agency class of 2019. He would certainly help recruit, I know he's not a talker but just being on the team I think would entice people. With that in mind, Kawhi's probably not going to the Lakers. The Spurs know that the Lakers only need that 1 piece this offseason and maybe next to entice big name players.