• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi to Toronto

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

Taking KD would almost guarantee a championship, maybe multiple. No such guarantee with Kawhi.

FIRst, I have always thought KD would be the perfect compliment to LeBron. 2 batmans, 1 is an elite super efficient playmaker and the other is an elite super efficient scorer. Both can defend multiple positions.

Also, as we discussed earlier with Klay, if KD is on the Lakers in 2020, it means he isn't on the Warriors.

If the Lakers have the option, you take KD and it is a stone cold no brainer decision.

I agree that getting KD virtually guarantees a title, but I'm not sure I agree that a healthy Kawhi doesn't. Pre-injury, many had Kawhi as the 2nd best player after Lebron.

I do agree though that if you're the Lakers and you have a chance to get KD, you have to take him because, not only does he make them significantly better, but it also makes the Warriors significantly worse.

End of the day, I wouldn't complain about getting either of them. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is NOT a free agent next summer.

Yeah, thought I had read that he was an FA this summer. My bad.

Plus, AD would have to give up a HUGE sum of money to leave the Pelicans as he can get one of the special Durant Rule extensions which are humongous.

And yet we see players take less fairly often anymore. Not saying it would happen, just that if the Lakers thought they could get him, they'd go after him over Kawhi.