• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kareem: Dirk is a 1 trick pony

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their games are nothing alike other than them being great shooters.

It's not a big deal, a lot of people compare white dudes to other whites and black guys to other blacks when looking for accurate player comps. Happens all the time, but this is not a good comparison.

Well it matters to me because I'm not racist-which was the implication. If you read further down the thread I admitted the reason I asked is because I never really watched Bird. That should've clarified things so you didn't have to assume.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it matters to me because I'm not racist-which was the implication. If you read further down the thread I admitted the reason I asked is because I never really watched Bird. That should've clarified things so you didn't have to assume.

I wasn't saying you were racist dude, chill. I did not see that you posted that you never watched Bird play before so I apologize for assuming you compared them because they are both white. It's nbd.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying you were racist dude, chill. I did not see that you posted that you never watched Bird play before so I apologize for assuming.

LAD isn't a dude. She's just a fake Golden State fan!:D Oh shit! Well now that I got myself into some trouble here I better get outta town before LAD reaches through the computer screen & slaps the crap outta me!:nod:

:lol:...All jokes aside how are ya this fine Friday afternoon LAD (lakers-all-day)?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying you were racist dude, chill. I did not see that you posted that you never watched Bird play before so I apologize for assuming you compared them because they are both white. It's nbd.
NP, and I'm not a dude. :oops:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAD isn't a dude. She's just a fake Golden State fan!:D Oh shit! Well now that I got myself into some trouble here I better get outta town before LAD reaches through the computer screen & slaps the crap outta me!:nod:

:lol:...All jokes aside how are ya this fine Friday afternoon?
:popsdance:

I'm good WAMU! How are you?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO ARE YOU CALLING ME A SEXIST NOW? :lol:

Hey according to Akron native Jerome Lane... coach Sean Miller is a jackass!:dhd:

Just kidding! They were teammates @ Pitt & I remember Jerome playing HS hoops @ the same place LeBron did.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Dirk doesn't have Bird's basketball IQ. He also isn't the passer or rebounder Larry the Legend was.
Not to mention that Bird had all kinds of defense - in his time they played a tough physical game. Bird would knock Dirk on his ass and it would be an hour before Dirk could get up. I mean no offense to Dirk, but when it comes to defense he is one wet vagina

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Kareem's Sky Hook as 1 tricky pony?
Went to the finals 8 of 10 years in the same decade and took home five championships as I recall - that's one hell of a one-trick-pony if you as me, and I will take that kind all day long right now.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kareem is obviously the far better player but damn their playoff averages are similiar

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through Durant and Lebron when your 2nd best player is an old man J Kidd? That seems as good a reason as any.

15-20 sounds fair.

I feel like newer players could talk trash on older players inability to shoot from distance but I think most people would agree thats probably in poor taste. I do think this is in poor taste from Kareem, too, but the older generation is probably still super competitive and that just comes with the game of basketball.
They also swept the defending champion Lakers. That Mavs run was one of the greatest runs in NBA history when you consider the competition. They went through, Kobe, Pau, Westbrook, Durant, Harden, LeBron, Wade, and Bosh on route to a title.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooooh, so close to understanding Kareems point.
LOL - I didn't know Dirk ever played defense. The question does he even know what defense is?

And that was Kareem's point even though he was a bit harsh. Not a fair comparison though to compare Dirk with Bird. In a game between those two, Dirk would have to be carried out in a wheel chair like Paul Pierce