• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor played with a torn MCL

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see the difference between someone talking about general season injuries and events that happen in that game? :scratch:

Injuries aren't an 'excuse'. That's just what trolls and haters say when they have nothing else to counter with. Injuries are a part of the story. Already brought up Arizona long before you did and said Seattle was able to take full advantage of it. Also pointed out the Rams still won several games with a 3rd string QB as well. Sometimes injuries uncover diamonds in the rough. Injuries that happen in earlier weeks give you a chance to work on a game plan without them. Injuries in game do not. You have to adjust on the fly.

They happen to every team, but disproportionately.

Refs can be part of the story and it seems they were in a few earlier playoff games. At least that didn't happen here.

The ones that always get the debates are did that QB just play bad and throw a pick, or was the defense playing hard and caused it? It's those things that always have two sides and varying degrees. Injuries are fairly black and white. In a game that came down to 1 play lots of things went into it. Injuries for sure. Lane doesn't break his arm in the 1st and there is no doubt what so ever that NE gets less yards on that side. Major drop off going to Simon. Automatically mean a win? Well of course not, but sure would give you a lot better odds. Every play would be different so you can't say we get to that exact same last play. Could actually be worse with a lucky pass on Lane that goes the distance vs the dink and dunk vs the other guy.

I don't expect you to understand though. I think you are too young to really get it.

Sure... In the Superbowl with Charlotte, both of the Patriots starting safeties went down. Wilson hurt his hamstring and Rodney Harrison broke his arm.

You don't think it was all Jake Dellomme do you? ;)

Still. It doesn't matter.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one story. The game is over, the best team won and gets to celebrate for a while and it's time for everyone else to look towards next year.

Well the press doesn't seem to agree with you because all they talk about are the Seahawks and what happened, what their going through, and what next season will bring.

Seriously, when was the last time the Today show did a whole segment with the losing head coach of the Super Bowl? It doesn't happen.

YOU can believe the story is anything you like, but you are on an island. And a small one at that.

And frankly I'm sure the Pats don't care about how much attention it still being given to Seattle, because at least that is less of the inevitable return to deflate gate. Any time the media isn't attacking them is great in their minds.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who you are... even when your hurt your body "protects" you a little more when its Super Bowl time....Youre soooo amped as it is that you are able to play through pain. Doesn't mean any seahawks player was faking it

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... In the Superbowl with Charlotte, both of the Patriots starting safeties went down. Wilson hurt his hamstring and Rodney Harrison broke his arm.

You don't think it was all Jake Dellomme do you? ;)

Still. It doesn't matter.

The Pats MVP of that game was John Kasay. Scott Norwood gets shit for missing the goal posts at the end of the Super Bowl, but Kasay missed the entire field on that kick off.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This^^^^^^^^^ lots of guys have played while injured

Rodney Harrison -- A street fighter in the secondary who enjoyed tremendous success toward the end of his NFL career. And he made a tackle during Super Bowl XXXVIII with a broken arm.

Patriots running back Shane Vereen played with a broken left wrist in the 2013 season opener against Buffalo. On a pain scale between 1 to 10, Vereen said his was about 27. He remembered what his mom used to tell him when he was a kid, that football is a game that you play hurt but you never play injured. Fear kept him in the game more than anything.

McNabb, injured on the third play of the game, tied a career high with four touchdown passes, leading the Philadelphia Eagles to a 38-14 victory over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday:suds:

I remember when Jack Youngblood played in the Super Bowl on a broken leg. That was truly badass.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about that. We didn't hear he had a tear until yesterday so I'm not sure if it was diagnosed before the game or not, but if it was that was a risky move to play him.

Same with Earl. Shoulders are no joke and his injury leaves me more concerned for his future than any of the others. Sherma's elbow wasn't that big of a deal one way or the other in terms of playing hurt.

Don't think we will ever hear about when they knew about how serious any of those injuries were or if their surgery diagnosis came in after the game on any/all of them. They won't let that shit get out.

I read where Sherman is having Tommy John surgery to repair the elbow.

He should pick up a few miles per hour on his fastball with that.:lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't see the difference between someone talking about general season injuries and events that happen in that game? :scratch:

Injuries aren't an 'excuse'. That's just what trolls and haters say when they have nothing else to counter with. Injuries are a part of the story. Already brought up Arizona long before you did and said Seattle was able to take full advantage of it. Also pointed out the Rams still won several games with a 3rd string QB as well. Sometimes injuries uncover diamonds in the rough. Injuries that happen in earlier weeks give you a chance to work on a game plan without them. Injuries in game do not. You have to adjust on the fly.

They happen to every team, but disproportionately.

Refs can be part of the story and it seems they were in a few earlier playoff games. At least that didn't happen here.

The ones that always get the debates are did that QB just play bad and throw a pick, or was the defense playing hard and caused it? It's those things that always have two sides and varying degrees. Injuries are fairly black and white. In a game that came down to 1 play lots of things went into it. Injuries for sure. Lane doesn't break his arm in the 1st and there is no doubt what so ever that NE gets less yards on that side. Major drop off going to Simon. Automatically mean a win? Well of course not, but sure would give you a lot better odds. Every play would be different so you can't say we get to that exact same last play. Could actually be worse with a lucky pass on Lane that goes the distance vs the dink and dunk vs the other guy.

I don't expect you to understand though. I think you are too young to really get it.

Dude, do you really expect bks to understand this? The only experience he has playing football is his XBox.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carroll said he might not need Tommy John, but either way he's going to need some work done.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explains why NE was able to score so much. If the LOB was healthy, never would of happened. NE got lucky 2x in the SB. Sea not handing it to Lynch and the LOB not healthy.....

Excuses are only for losers.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

I didn't realize I was talking to Mr. Perfect. The man who can't make a mistake like that was.

LOL comedy. The point is you as fans or maybe just you as a person are so god damn cocky that you called the game over before the game was even over. It's not like the seahawks were up 30-0. It was a close game and you called the game over early in the 4th quarter. How arrogant do you have to be to do that? Or how stupid? Take your pick.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, did someone really post that? That's along the same lines of the Midnight Angel thread...well, almost...

Yes, "Judge Fudge" said it. Early in the 4th quarter too. I was following the thread and couldn't believe someone would say that. Maybe he will think next time before saying that.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the press doesn't seem to agree with you because all they talk about are the Seahawks and what happened, what their going through, and what next season will bring.

Who gives a fuck about what ten press is talking about? Most of them picked the Seahawks after jumping all over the deflategate non story so they kinda backed themselves in to a corner...............

Seriously, when was the last time the Today show did a whole segment with the losing head coach of the Super Bowl? It doesn't happen.

As if Belichick would give these media schmucks the time of day. They had no other option but to interview Captain Dumbass. I've had the opportunity to listen to some snippets from Pete's interviews and he sounds like an idiot.

YOU can believe the story is anything you like, but you are on an island. And a small one at that.

Plenty of room on the island for a Lombardi trophy though :whistle:

And frankly I'm sure the Pats don't care about how much attention it still being given to Seattle, because at least that is less of the inevitable return to deflate gate. Any time the media isn't attacking them is great in their minds.

The Patriots are laughing at everyone who thought the manufactured deflategate bullshit was relevant and so am I.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually played football for 6 years from 6th grade-12th grade

I don't care what the coach may have told you, standing on the sidelines in a skirt and shaking pom poms doesn't make you part of the team.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couple of extra stitches across his mouth would make the game more enjoyable for everyone, no? :yahoo: