• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancellor played with a torn MCL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, short memory. Saw a lot of the excuses on that defense. Just after getting gang raped they rang pretty hollow. A closer game and those voices would have been a lot louder.

And they are always valid. Injuries are a part of the NFL and the outcome of games. Can't have the depth with the salary cap that leads to the next man up stuff. Always have rookies or hasbeens behind some of your guys and it's a crap shoot.

Still, not an excuse. Great teams win games by taking what's in front of them and doing what they can with it. It's always part of the story in every game/season. Doesn't make it an excuse.

True and one of those guys won the SB for NE

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told every team can play the injury game. If Sean Lee was healthy maybe Dallas would have had HFA and won the SB. Or if Rodgers was healthy GB likely for sure does. What's the sense? It's just whining and excuse making no matter you try to hide it...should have just said "injuries are part of the game" and nothing else. And If we are dealing in hypotheticals...What if Mo Claiborne didn't suck or Jerry wasn't an idiot!!! SB here we come!!!

As I said, injuries are always part of the story for every game/season.

Arizona lost it's QB at a point when they were dominating despite having a few major injuries at other positions. It was one too many. It sucks for them, but Seattle and other teams fully took advantage of it and handled their games with them accordingly. Would those teams have still beat them if they had their QB? No one will ever know for sure, but their odds would have gone up substantially.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and one of those guys won the SB for NE

Just like Matthews had 4 catches for over 100y in that game for Seattle and hadn't had a catch all season.

Rams were on their 3rd string QB and won some decent games.

Never said they couldn't play, but lets face it, you'd much rather have experience in reserve for every key position if you can.

Last year Seattle had depth on the D line that was unheard of. Their rotation was fierce and injuries didn't end up mattering much. This year after Avril goes down it's O'brian Schofield going in. Mebain and Hill went out and nothing to fear behind them. I'm sure most outside of Seattle don't know who McDaniel is even though he's a veteran. And Kevin Williams is old ffs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff put him at risk for more serious injury by playing him. The medical staff should have final say on this.

No doubt about that. We didn't hear he had a tear until yesterday so I'm not sure if it was diagnosed before the game or not, but if it was that was a risky move to play him.

Same with Earl. Shoulders are no joke and his injury leaves me more concerned for his future than any of the others. Sherma's elbow wasn't that big of a deal one way or the other in terms of playing hurt.

Don't think we will ever hear about when they knew about how serious any of those injuries were or if their surgery diagnosis came in after the game on any/all of them. They won't let that shit get out.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's see here.

Sherman: played with torn ligaments in elbow. Will require surgery to fix.
Thomas: played with torn labrum from dislocating his shoulder in NFC championship game. Will require surgery to fix.
Chancellor: tore MCL days before SB. Still played. Will require surgery to fix.
Lane: breaks arm during 1st quarter. Out for game.

Yet the Pats fans and troll accounts came out of the woodwork here claiming the LOB was exposed as frauds and naturally shredded by the Patriots during the game. All of that, and it still took a last second turnover for the Pats to win.

Stop bitching. A win is a win. Whether you are playing the entire game with 3rd stringers or not, if you lose, then you still lost the game. It's funny because when the Packers lost in the NFC Championship game a lot of fans were pissed and were saying that the Packers made too many dumb errors and seahawks fans jumped all over them saying "oh well, a win is a win, suck it up". Now those same seahawks fans are complaining and implying that maybe the only reason they lost is because of injuries.

Tough shit

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it????????????????????????????????????

Weren't you one of the ones that called a win during the Super Bowl before the game was even over? I distinctly remember you posting something like "this win feels better than last year" and it was still in the 4th quarter. Wow.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explains why NE was able to score so much. If the LOB was healthy, never would of happened. NE got lucky 2x in the SB. Sea not handing it to Lynch and the LOB not healthy.....

Injuries are not an excuse. We lost because Wilson threw the interception at the goal line. You can blame that on the play calling, Wilson, Lockette not making enough effort going for the ball, or New England's defense reading the play perfectly, either way it comes down to that.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ Good to see you have gotten over your thread where you were asking people to stop ragging on the seahawks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're blaming injuries and all, if not for the Cardinals injuries the Seahawks not only doesn't win the division but most likely they're eliminated in the divisional round.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't you one of the ones that called a win during the Super Bowl before the game was even over? I distinctly remember you posting something like "this win feels better than last year" and it was still in the 4th quarter. Wow.

Wow.

I didn't realize I was talking to Mr. Perfect. The man who can't make a mistake like that was.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're blaming injuries and all, if not for the Cardinals injuries the Seahawks not only doesn't win the division but most likely they're eliminated in the divisional round.

Losing their QB was a devastating blow to the Cardinals.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if Seattle doesn't have the early season injuries they did, Arizona doesn't get the big lead in the first place.

This game is fun. :what:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Seattle doesn't have the early season injuries they did, Arizona doesn't get the big lead in the first place.

This game is fun.

I agree.

Point is injuries happen.

Saying team A would've beaten team B if they were completely healthy is stupid because most likely another team can use the same argument when speaking about your team.

Football is a violent game and a ton of injuries always will happen. Seattle has been pretty lucky the last 3 years that they haven't dealt with many injuries to LOB which forced them to miss games....Unfortunately 3 of the 4 got injured at the same time before the biggest game of the season. Earl, Sherman, & Kam missed a total of 2 games in the last 3 seasons

Life

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Congrats to the Pats for their win. Finding out that our guys played through these injuries makes me respect them even more. Yeah, injuries are part of football but we had three guys out there playing with season ending injuries. To me it is not about using injuries as an excuse, its about recognizing that these guys are warriors. Regardless of the outcome of the game, you have to be impressed with taht kind of toughness.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Point is injuries happen.

Saying team A would've beaten team B if they were completely healthy is stupid because most likely another team can use the same argument when speaking about your team.

Football is a violent game and a ton of injuries always will happen. Seattle has been pretty lucky the last 3 years that they haven't dealt with many injuries to LOB which forced them to miss games....Unfortunately 3 of the 4 got injured at the same time before the biggest game of the season. Earl, Sherman, & Kam missed a total of 2 games in the last 3 seasons

Life
You don't see the difference between someone talking about general season injuries and events that happen in that game? :scratch:

Injuries aren't an 'excuse'. That's just what trolls and haters say when they have nothing else to counter with. Injuries are a part of the story. Already brought up Arizona long before you did and said Seattle was able to take full advantage of it. Also pointed out the Rams still won several games with a 3rd string QB as well. Sometimes injuries uncover diamonds in the rough. Injuries that happen in earlier weeks give you a chance to work on a game plan without them. Injuries in game do not. You have to adjust on the fly.

They happen to every team, but disproportionately.

Refs can be part of the story and it seems they were in a few earlier playoff games. At least that didn't happen here.

The ones that always get the debates are did that QB just play bad and throw a pick, or was the defense playing hard and caused it? It's those things that always have two sides and varying degrees. Injuries are fairly black and white. In a game that came down to 1 play lots of things went into it. Injuries for sure. Lane doesn't break his arm in the 1st and there is no doubt what so ever that NE gets less yards on that side. Major drop off going to Simon. Automatically mean a win? Well of course not, but sure would give you a lot better odds. Every play would be different so you can't say we get to that exact same last play. Could actually be worse with a lucky pass on Lane that goes the distance vs the dink and dunk vs the other guy.

I don't expect you to understand though. I think you are too young to really get it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, did someone really post that? That's along the same lines of the Midnight Angel thread...well, almost...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one story. The game is over, the best team won and gets to celebrate for a while and it's time for everyone else to look towards next year.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Pats for their win. Finding out that our guys played through these injuries makes me respect them even more. Yeah, injuries are part of football but we had three guys out there playing with season ending injuries. To me it is not about using injuries as an excuse, its about recognizing that these guys are warriors. Regardless of the outcome of the game, you have to be impressed with taht kind of toughness.

Absolutely. We found out that Logan Mankins played with a torn ACL. You want those kind of players on your team. (Well until BB trades him!)