• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Sitting during the anthem is disrespectful which is why he chose to kneel and not sit. We kneel when we pray, or propose or console a wounded or hurt teammate or soldier. So you are just dead wrong on this.

Additionally I served my country gave Uncle Sam 10 years active, part of the reason I served was to ensure people had the ability to protest, to be a voice to speak freely. I was willing to put my life on the line so others could have these freedoms.

Thank you for your service. I mean that sincerely. But your service doesn't mean you know how everybody felt about Kap kneeling. The reaction to it in the general public was mostly negative. People generally didn't see it the way you do. Most people (I'm one) didn't make any differentiation between him sitting or kneeling. The only thing most people saw was that he wasn't standing. And I think most people found it distasteful, disrespectful, and ill timed (at a football game). If people mostly agreed with your point of view there wouldn't have been the incredible backlash in the pubic over what he did. But there was a backlash then and it continues to this day. That is how much people didn't like what Kap did.

And I already acknowledged he was free to do it. He's free to kneel during the anthem, wear pig socks, and date a woman who calls a team owner a slave owner. Yes, it is his God given right to do all those things. But he has no control over how the public will react to those things, and therefore when he does those things he needs to be prepared to live with whatever love or whatever hate the public gives him. It is also everyone in the public's God given right to freely agree or disagree with Kap's actions and his protest. You fought for those people's rights too when you served.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. You Pittsburgh guys must love the smell of your own shit since you keep your head in your ass at all times. Dak is all right. He’s not great. A lot of QBs could succeed in that offense with those weapons and oline.
I agree a lot of QBs could, now show me where those QBs are available. There was once a guy on the ESPN Cowboys board beating the drums to get rid of Romo and replace him with either Peyton, Brady, Brees or Rodgers. Problem was they were all under contract with their respective teams.

So now out of the available pool of QBs who do you think is as good or better than Dak?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree a lot of QBs could, now show me where those QBs are available. There was once a guy on the ESPN Cowboys board beating the drums to get rid of Romo and replace him with either Peyton, Brady, Brees or Rodgers. Problem was they were all under contract with their respective teams.

So now out of the available pool of QBs who do you think is as good or better than Dak?
It’s hard to tell, but I could see them drafting someone, bringing Romo out of retirement if that were an option. Bringing in bridgewater. Is Fitzpatrick available? He’s not quite as good as Fitzpatrick, but he could take that cowboys team to the playoffs. Dalton could be pretty good on that team. YouR question is based on a false premise. It’s not about finding a QB as good or better, it’s about finding a qb who can get the job done and be much cheaper.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Sitting during the anthem is disrespectful which is why he chose to kneel and not sit. We kneel when we pray, or propose or console a wounded or hurt teammate or soldier. So you are just dead wrong on this.

Additionally I served my country gave Uncle Sam 10 years active, part of the reason I served was to ensure people had the ability to protest, to be a voice to speak freely. I was willing to put my life on the line so others could have these freedoms.
I served too, and I support his right to protest, rather or not if I agree with it.

I also feel him doing so during the Anthem while on the sidelines of an NFL game is the wrong place to do so, and I support the NFL or team owners telling him not to do so in company time.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to tell, but I could see them drafting someone, bringing Romo out of retirement if that were an option. Bringing in bridgewater. Is Fitzpatrick available? He’s not quite as good as Fitzpatrick, but he could take that cowboys team to the playoffs. Dalton could be pretty good on that team. YouR question is based on a false premise. It’s not about finding a QB as good or better, it’s about finding a qb who can get the job done and be much cheaper.
LMFAO. They are not taking a chance to fill his spot with an unproven draft pick, and out of the guys you mentioned Bridgwater and MAYBE Dalton could be an option. Problem is they will most likely sign a ONE year deal and be asking for nearly 40M after the 2020 season.

And ROMO? He wouldn't last a game with his back.

You're showing you are clueless on NFL QBs, I understand this, you being a Bears fan.

Take your jokes down the hall.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I served too, and I support his right to protest, rather or not if I agree with it.

I also feel him doing so during the Anthem while on the sidelines of an NFL game is the wrong place to do so, and I support the NFL or team owners telling him not to do so in company time.
respect and thanks to you as well.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

so when you hear the Anthem, the first thing that comes to mind is the Police, right? I think of All who have served or returned in a coffin under that flag, not the Police. It is a stupid analogy to equate the flag and anthem with the police, and a horrible time to act like an ass. He did this freely (as he has a right to) and at the time gave interviews accepting the consequences. Now this Jagoff had his 15 minutes of fame, torpedoed his career and changed NOTHING because his "protest"was done at a time a lot of Americans deemed inappropriate. He needs to STFU, go away, write a book about it, anyone who agrees with him can buy the book to financially support him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so when you hear the Anthem, the first thing that comes to mind is the Police, right? I think of All who have served or returned in a coffin under that flag, not the Police. It is a stupid analogy to equate the flag and anthem with the police, and a horrible time to act like an ass. He did this freely (as he has a right to) and at the time gave interviews accepting the consequences. Now this Jagoff had his 15 minutes of fame, torpedoed his career and changed NOTHING because his "protest"was done at a time a lot of Americans deemed inappropriate. He needs to STFU, go away, write a book about it, anyone who agrees with him can buy the book to financially support him.

So again it was clear from the outset it was not about the military you just want to make it about the military. He was well within his rite to do what he did. You don't have to like it, I don't have to like it, I support his freedom as an American to do it. If you don't like that okay, I really don't care how you feel about it. You take that freedom away from people and you and others start singing a different tune.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree with you on him torpedoing his career.
He did it IMO to extend his career. it just backfired.
he didnt start his "protest" until after he lost his starting job. (to a shitty QB) So he did what he could to keep his name in the public eye. Which actually worked.
but his career as a starter was already over. barring an injury to whatever team he went too. But then he wanted starter money wherever he was trying to go. Which is what might have torpedoed his career.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again it was clear from the outset it was not about the military you just want to make it about the military. He was well within his rite to do what he did. You don't have to like it, I don't have to like it, I support his freedom as an American to do it. If you don't like that okay, I really don't care how you feel about it. You take that freedom away from people and you and others start singing a different tune.
You misunderstood me, I Believe he has every right to do what he did, and I stated so, But while we all have "free Speech" sometimes speaking out ,especially when the timing of the stance we take is questionable, there are often consequences to pay.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You misunderstood me, I Believe he has every right to do what he did, and I stated so, But while we all have "free Speech" sometimes speaking out ,especially when the timing of the stance we take is questionable, there are often consequences to pay.
But that should not be to the point where you take away a man's livelihood. Which is what I feel owners did. To me this wreaks of the spoiled and wealthy shitting on the lesser privileged for trying to make a stand. Sure Kaep made some money but nothing like these owners have, and the people he was making a stand for sure aren't a voice that would be heard. So rather then listen they just shut him up. Makes the point IMO that owners don't want to hear about the injustice because they are safe and secure and their golden cocoons.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for your service. I mean that sincerely. But your service doesn't mean you know how everybody felt about Kap kneeling. The reaction to it in the general public was mostly negative. People generally didn't see it the way you do. Most people (I'm one) didn't make any differentiation between him sitting or kneeling. The only thing most people saw was that he wasn't standing. And I think most people found it distasteful, disrespectful, and ill timed (at a football game). If people mostly agreed with your point of view there wouldn't have been the incredible backlash in the pubic over what he did. But there was a backlash then and it continues to this day. That is how much people didn't like what Kap did.

And I already acknowledged he was free to do it. He's free to kneel during the anthem, wear pig socks, and date a woman who calls a team owner a slave owner. Yes, it is his God given right to do all those things. But he has no control over how the public will react to those things, and therefore when he does those things he needs to be prepared to live with whatever love or whatever hate the public gives him. It is also everyone in the public's God given right to freely agree or disagree with Kap's actions and his protest. You fought for those people's rights too when you served.
You mean there may be consequences your actions? That's hard to believe. :D

He would have helped his cause if he would have taken the Veterans Day celebration off.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that should not be to the point where you take away a man's livelihood. Which is what I feel owners did. To me this wreaks of the spoiled and wealthy shitting on the lesser privileged for trying to make a stand. Sure Kaep made some money but nothing like these owners have, and the people he was making a stand for sure aren't a voice that would be heard. So rather then listen they just shut him up. Makes the point IMO that owners don't want to hear about the injustice because they are safe and secure and their golden cocoons.
Eh, I don't think they cared about "shutting him up", rather just didn't want to deal with the attention he'd bring.

I think it was stupid how much people overreacted, but he also knew he'd face backlash, and decided to still do it.

Overall, I just feel indifferent towards the whole situation.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep did that to himself. He nearly had a job with the Ravens. He CHOSE to stay with a loud mouth girl who posts racist crap of the owner and Ray Lewis (maybe the most beloved Raven). Fact is that Kaep comes with allot of baggage that most teams are not willing to take on for a back up QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ding ding ding. But people dont think someone of his stature should have consequences.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even dumbass Bennett seems to have figured out kaep’s so-called protest will not end well for him. Where’s your support fool?