• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick should get 5 more seconds on play clock

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm a 49er fan; don't let the avatar fool you. As you can probably tell I lost a bet...

Anyway, I think the NFL should enact a rule for some of the "challenged" QBs in the NFL that they get 5 more seconds on the play clock to get the play in. It's only fair. They have handicapped parking in al of the stadiums don't they?

They didn't say to Derrick Coleman, "Sorry chump; you shouldn't have been born deaf!" No. They allowed him to use a hearing aid. It's only fair. They need to do the same thing for Kaepernick when it comes to the play clock.

Also, since the 49ers provided Kaepernick's play book to him in coloring-book format (to make it easier to understand and to keep his attention), the NFL should allow Colin to carry at least 2 crayons and a few pieces of paper onto the field to jog his memory when they tell him what play is being called. The NFL should be about an even playing field; that's why everyone deserves the same opportunity to succeed. Right now, the NFL isn't giving Kaepernick and QBs with similar "challenges" an opportunity to succeed.

While we're at it, when Kap's playing the defenders need to accommodate his needs as well. They should all have to wear jerseys that say, "Bad guy" on the back instead of their names so that he's not confused as to who they are. Again, this goes back to the format of his play book.

Seem fair to you guys?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see, the 49er fans love their QB and want him to have everything he needs to succeed.:lol:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. You are awesome Ninersickness! Easily my favorite 9er fan.

I really hope whoever owns your avi bet will let you out of it early. You deserve it man.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niner fans are upset with kap but the defense gave up 20 points in the second half. I hope they resign him, and I hope seattle finds someone who can catch him and tackle him.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niner fans are upset with kap but the defense gave up 20 points in the second half. I hope they resign him, and I hope seattle finds someone who can catch him and tackle him.

The defense was spent, that's why they gave up the second half points. If Kaepernick didn't turn the fucking ball over 3 fucking times in the second half, we may not be having this discussion. Yes he's athletic and makes plays with his legs. The majority of the time it's because he can't wrap his mind around looking past his first read and finding a secondary receiver.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its weird because I feel like I am the only one defending Kaepernick. He didn't play bad at all. One of the reasons he can't get to a second read is the Seahawks defense is very good. Both the pass rush and the secondary. I thought the interception to Chancellor was bad, but the other two turnovers were not. In his second year as a starter he won two road playoff games. I never thought he was going to be the best in the nfl, but he is going to be a good qb for a long time. Defenses can game plan all they want, but you can't make someone be fast. He is going to continue to make plays and with the 9ers defense he will always be in the game.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was spent, that's why they gave up the second half points. If Kaepernick didn't turn the fucking ball over 3 fucking times in the second half, we may not be having this discussion. Yes he's athletic and makes plays with his legs. The majority of the time it's because he can't wrap his mind around looking past his first read and finding a secondary receiver.

If he ever does get his football wits about him, and stops with the bonehead plays, he will be a real nightmare. If he doesn't, well...........I don't pretend to know how his career turns out. But neither does the entire NFL and the proof is all the QB's taken in the first round that don't last.
I read a lot of the threads about trading Kap and or drafting a QB. I don't know where SF drafts but I doubt there is going to be anyone available who can step up right away. As a seahawk fan, I suppose I don't like him. But he is scary good for moments. And those moments give seattle fans heart attacks. One day, he will finally beat seattle in seattle. And I will likely puke!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird because I feel like I am the only one defending Kaepernick. He didn't play bad at all. One of the reasons he can't get to a second read is the Seahawks defense is very good. Both the pass rush and the secondary. I thought the interception to Chancellor was bad, but the other two turnovers were not. In his second year as a starter he won two road playoff games. I never thought he was going to be the best in the nfl, but he is going to be a good qb for a long time. Defenses can game plan all they want, but you can't make someone be fast. He is going to continue to make plays and with the 9ers defense he will always be in the game.

He doesn't only make these mistakes against good defenses, he routinely does it when he doesn't feel completely comfortable in the pocket. I am not as down on him as Sick is but I am growing weary of his mistakes, especially against good teams. I feel like he has made improvement and I still have hope that he continues to do so.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If he ever does get his football wits about him, and stops with the bonehead plays, he will be a real nightmare.

Famous last words for many a GM who believed in their running QBs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaep has done an amazing job at QB for the 9ers. He's only played 1 1/2 seasons mind you, LESS than Wilson.

He has a better offense than Seattle (receivers/O-Line, not RBack at the moment) but it was just Seattle's year and Seattle had the better D and a better home field advantage. If the SBOWL had gone through SFan it would probably be San Fran/Denver SBOWL.

I think Kaep's biggest problem is ball control and staring down receivers, but Kaep is also performing plays that are on the coaching staff. Part of the reason Wilson had 'so many bad games towards the end of the year' according to those great analysts and so intelligent NFL watchers, is because Carroll/Bevell were not letting him make crazy throws and basically telling Wilson to protect the ball, throw it away if nobody is WIDE open, and take sacks as needed.

49ers offense is not as conservative as Seattles and DUH. Seattle has the #1 D, #1 home field advantage, and quite possibly best Rback in the game at the moment. You ask your QBack to do as little as possible when you have those things. 49ers are still a top 5 D and probably top 15 at home... Gore is MAYBE top 5, prob. top 10 at this point in his career. Kaep is asked to do more, and that's tough early on.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually it is far more funny than that. Carroll took a page out of Harbaugh's Stanford playbook and went to the 3 TE power running game and rammed it down their throats. He out Harbaugh'ed Harbaugh.

:suds:

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the replay of this game on NFL Network.
At the 10:00 min mark of the 3rd qtr, Kaep still has ZERO pocket presence.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep may have played less games than Wilson buts not forget that he had a year and a half to study the game and get a feel for the speed of the NFL before he was thrown in, whereas Wilson was thrown to the wolves on day one. Kaepernick is not a good qb and I really don't see him ever getting it. That being said I hope he gets resigned to a longterm big-money deal :lol:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is an absolutely elite runner. His long legs really help him lean to avoid tackles and he gets fast again really quickly. He also has a rocket arm and that throw to Boldin he threw while in mid air was very impressive, even if it was a bad decision since Earl Thomas was in perfect position to make that play.

On the other hand, he is clearly a below average pocket passer and still can't progress through multiple receivers before panicking and relying on his legs. Put him behind Seattle's offensive line in a passing down and he'd get eaten alive.

I still think he's a great weapon but you can't rely on him consistently putting the team on his shoulders and playing the role of an NFL QB to win you a game with his arm yet. I wouldn't go so far as to hope SF resigns him because he's easy to beat, but he is yet to win in Seattle so until he proves he can get over that hump I'm confident with our defense.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so............does any Niners fans think they would have been to the NFC championship game the last 2 years with Alex Smith behind center??

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they really want to help him the NFL should disband the Packers as a franchise and just make their defense travel to wherever SF is playing and make them sub in for the other teams defense during the game.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ShermanChokeSign.gif

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so............does any Niners fans think they would have been to the NFC championship game the last 2 years with Alex Smith behind center??

We were there the year before, with Alex and would have been to the Super Bowl if not for Kyle Williams.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were there the year before, with Alex and would have been to the Super Bowl if not for Kyle Williams.

Smith didn't do you many favors either in that game.

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has been SF's starting QB for 1.5 seasons and has taken them to the SB and NFC Championship in that time. What's there to complain about?